2015 - 06/08 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to Philly, may go to this one too.

Anyone know when presales are going to start for this location? It's the closest one to me and as a bonus, it's on my birthday. :)

I'd like to know too since it's the closest to me as well.

Can't wait for this show...it'll be my 9th RUSH show overall, first of three on R40 (of the dates we know about, anyway), and I'm bringing my 14-year-old first-cousin-once-removed, who's never been to a rock concert before. SO EXCITED!!! :dweez: :7up: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

I just hope the fiasco of the bots buying up all the good seats doesn't apply to this show but that's probably asking for too much.

Can't wait for this show...it'll be my 9th RUSH show overall, first of three on R40 (of the dates we know about, anyway), and I'm bringing my 14-year-old first-cousin-once-removed, who's never been to a rock concert before. SO EXCITED!!! :dweez: :7up: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Any idea where the best place to sit in this arena is?? I am taking my girlfriend and we're not that tall. I wanted VIP gold tix to get close to the stage, but Idk if our height will make that a poor choice..thanks

Meetup discussions here!

So far, I don't see that we're doing a whole lot of that here. :huh: I suppose there's some time, though.

I honestly can't remember if there are restaurants, etc. very close to the venue. It's in a fairly densely-packed area of buildings in the middle of town.

Meetup discussions here!

So far, I don't see that we're doing a whole lot of that here. :huh: I suppose there's some time, though.

I honestly can't remember if there are restaurants, etc. very close to the venue. It's in a fairly densely-packed area of buildings in the middle of town.

There are several restaurants in the area. I remember an Italian place, a Starbucks and a Chipotle. :lol:

So anyone get tickets? After refreshing about a thousand times I was able to get 8th row in front of Geddy. Best choice I saw and fine with me.

Anyone know of any hotel deals in the Arena district? Two shows ago we got a room for $25 at the Hyatt Regency because it was their 25th anniversary. Doubt I could snag that again but would like to find something better than 150 bucks.

Floor 1, 12 rows back! My first Rush show, and I am ecstatic! I wish Ticketmaster wasn't awful and offered all the floor seats on the first presale; I would've tried for first row. I hope I can see alright on the floor..

After watching the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels Tour, however, I am a little skeptical of Geddy's vocals. It's no secret he doesn't have the range he used to, but I hope they don't pick songs that require him to strain too much. Thoughts?

Floor 1, 12 rows back! My first Rush show, and I am ecstatic! I wish Ticketmaster wasn't awful and offered all the floor seats on the first presale; I would've tried for first row. I hope I can see alright on the floor..

After watching the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels Tour, however, I am a little skeptical of Geddy's vocals. It's no secret he doesn't have the range he used to, but I hope they don't pick songs that require him to strain too much. Thoughts?

12 rows back you'll still be able to see just fine. Don't worry about the vocals, the live show is so spectacular you won't even think about it.

12 rows back you'll still be able to see just fine. Don't worry about the vocals, the live show is so spectacular you won't even think about it.

This is true. ^

Besides, for what it's worth- Clockwork Angels tour (the second leg) was my first Rush show since 1994, and I thought Geddy sounded great.

Vocals, shmocals. I'm too busy air drumming to worry about vocals.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/128036491e86.gif

I'll be in section 106, which is Geddy's side. Just bought a few minutes ago. Didn't want to stress myself out with the pre-sale, and I was busy at work yesterday when the public sale started...popped on Ticketbastard just a few minutes ago, and easy peasy, I'm in.

I didn't care about being on the floor, or in the front row, or paying an entire week's wages for a VIP ticket. I'm just glad to be going. :)

I read on Facebook today that someone said it looked like they moved the stage back to make more room for seating. Someone else said they had done that before and they ended up further back than they thought. I hope this is not the case.

Meetup discussions here!

There are several restaurants in the area. I remember an Italian place, a Starbucks and a Chipotle. :lol:

There are actually at least a dozen good restaurants / bars / pubs within easy walking distance (within a block or two) of the arena:

http://arenadistrict.com/food-and-drink/

http://arenadistrict.com/map/

I read on Facebook today that someone said it looked like they moved the stage back to make more room for seating. Someone else said they had done that before and they ended up further back than they thought. I hope this is not the case.

This is true. I called TM, "can't do anything about it". I called VIP support, "can't do anything about it". Called Nationwide Arena, they agree with me that it really sucks, then dead silence. So no compensation of any kind for selling expensive, close VIP tickets and then moving the stage so your tickets aren't VIP anymore. So everyone agrees that I got ripped off and it sucks for me, but that's how it is.

This is true. I called TM, "can't do anything about it". I called VIP support, "can't do anything about it". Called Nationwide Arena, they agree with me that it really sucks, then dead silence. So no compensation of any kind for selling expensive, close VIP tickets and then moving the stage so your tickets aren't VIP anymore. So everyone agrees that I got ripped off and it sucks for me, but that's how it is.

But aren't VIP tickets guaranteed to be within a certain amount of rows?

But aren't VIP tickets guaranteed to be within a certain amount of rows?

They were when the sold them to me. ;) I'm sure if I can figure out how to contact the promoter, who I'm told made the changes, (not Nationwide)they will try to tell me they still meet their definition of within a certain amount of rows. Currently there are people scalping tickets in my section for much less than I paid for these. The SCALPERS charging less. My argument will be that I would have never bought VIP tickets that far away. Why would I? I can get these tickets this good for 100 bucks. I've been screwed and I'm venting. Don't mind me. At least I get a fake pass to wear around my neck like a true Rush nerd. If it gets here before the show. Yay me!

Archived