Meetup discussions here!

Sponsored Post

#2 Pheran

Pheran

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Anyone know when presales are going to start for this location?  It's the closest one to me and as a bonus, it's on my birthday.  :)

#3 Audient

Audient

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:talking smack. As a moderator on www.rushtour.com, I come here for most of my smack talking. (I don't think I actually wrote that, but that's pretty funny, so I'll leave it.)

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

Going to Philly, may go to this one too.

#4 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostPheran, on 24 January 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Anyone know when presales are going to start for this location?  It's the closest one to me and as a bonus, it's on my birthday.  :)

I'd like to know too since it's the closest to me as well.

#5 Pale Facsimile

Pale Facsimile

The Seeker

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Can't wait for this show...it'll be my 9th RUSH show overall, first of three on R40 (of the dates we know about, anyway), and I'm bringing my 14-year-old first-cousin-once-removed, who's never been to a rock concert before.  SO EXCITED!!! :dweez:  :7up:    :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

#6 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostPale Facsimile, on 25 January 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Can't wait for this show...it'll be my 9th RUSH show overall, first of three on R40 (of the dates we know about, anyway), and I'm bringing my 14-year-old first-cousin-once-removed, who's never been to a rock concert before.  SO EXCITED!!! :dweez:  :7up:    :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

I just hope the fiasco of the bots buying up all the good seats doesn't apply to this show but that's probably asking for too much.

#7 cameraman2014

cameraman2014

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostPale Facsimile, on 25 January 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Can't wait for this show...it'll be my 9th RUSH show overall, first of three on R40 (of the dates we know about, anyway), and I'm bringing my 14-year-old first-cousin-once-removed, who's never been to a rock concert before.  SO EXCITED!!! :dweez:  :7up: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Any idea where the best place to sit in this arena is?? I am taking my girlfriend and we're not that tall. I wanted VIP gold tix to get close to the stage, but Idk if our height will make that a poor choice..thanks

#8 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17681 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 24 January 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Meetup discussions here!

So far, I don't see that we're doing a whole lot of that here. :huh: I suppose there's some time, though.

I honestly can't remember if there are restaurants, etc. very close to the venue. It's in a fairly densely-packed area of buildings in the middle of town.

#9 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostBlue J, on 30 January 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 24 January 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Meetup discussions here!

So far, I don't see that we're doing a whole lot of that here. :huh: I suppose there's some time, though.

I honestly can't remember if there are restaurants, etc. very close to the venue. It's in a fairly densely-packed area of buildings in the middle of town.

There are several restaurants in the area. I remember an Italian place, a Starbucks and a Chipotle. :lol:

#10 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

So anyone get tickets? After refreshing about a thousand times I was able to get 8th row in front of Geddy. Best choice I saw and fine with me.

#11 Blue J

Blue J

• Members *
  • 17681 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

I'm not buying until later. Excellent work, though, Eagle.

#12 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts
  • Location:Actual location changes many times per hour normally.
  • Interests:Milsurp rifles

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

115 on Alex side.  Same section we had last show except opposite side of the arena.  I prefer side seats anyway.

#13 nappy2112

nappy2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2508 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

104 Ged's side and actually closer than last time.

#14 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

Anyone know of any hotel deals in the Arena district?  Two shows ago we got a room for $25 at the Hyatt Regency because it was their 25th anniversary.  Doubt I could snag that again but would like to find something better than 150 bucks.

#15 Our Loving Watchmaker

Our Loving Watchmaker

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, and Rush

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Floor 1, 12 rows back! My first Rush show, and I am ecstatic! I wish Ticketmaster wasn't awful and offered all the floor seats on the first presale; I would've tried for first row. I hope I can see alright on the floor..
After watching the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels Tour, however, I am a little skeptical of Geddy's vocals. It's no secret he doesn't have the range he used to, but I hope they don't pick songs that require him to strain too much. Thoughts?

#16 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostOur Loving Watchmaker, on 03 February 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Floor 1, 12 rows back! My first Rush show, and I am ecstatic! I wish Ticketmaster wasn't awful and offered all the floor seats on the first presale; I would've tried for first row. I hope I can see alright on the floor..
After watching the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels Tour, however, I am a little skeptical of Geddy's vocals. It's no secret he doesn't have the range he used to, but I hope they don't pick songs that require him to strain too much. Thoughts?

12 rows back you'll still be able to see just fine. Don't worry about the vocals, the live show is so spectacular you won't even think about it.

#17 Blue J

Blue J

• Members *
  • 17681 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 03 February 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostOur Loving Watchmaker, on 03 February 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

12 rows back you'll still be able to see just fine. Don't worry about the vocals, the live show is so spectacular you won't even think about it.

This is true. ^

Besides, for what it's worth- Clockwork Angels tour (the second leg) was my first Rush show since 1994, and I thought Geddy sounded great.

#18 Khan

Khan

In a GIFfy

• Members *
  • 15447 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

Vocals, shmocals.  I'm too busy air drumming to worry about vocals.
Posted Image

#19 Blue J

Blue J

• Members *
  • 17681 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

I'll be in section 106, which is Geddy's side. Just bought a few minutes ago. Didn't want to stress myself out with the pre-sale, and I was busy at work yesterday when the public sale started...popped on Ticketbastard just a few minutes ago, and easy peasy, I'm in.

I didn't care about being on the floor, or in the front row, or paying an entire week's wages for a VIP ticket. I'm just glad to be going. :)

#20 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

I read on Facebook today that someone said it looked like they moved the stage back to make more room for seating. Someone else said they had done that before and they ended up further back than they thought. I hope this is not the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users