• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

I'll be attending this show solo this time around, Last time a few of us met at the Giant and then tailgated before the show, any mention of that this tour?

Sponsored Post

#22 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostTWENTY_1_TWELVE, on 09 May 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

I'll be attending this show solo this time around, Last time a few of us met at the Giant and then tailgated before the show, any mention of that this tour?

That's my plan.  I hope SteelCaressed and son comes out of hiding and joins us.  Will be there with Adrian and Janet (not trf members).  I'm sure GeddysMullet will be there with us.  Stormtron better be there with his wife.  The more the merrier.  Will be great if you join us.

#23 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

View Postapetersvt, on 09 May 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostTWENTY_1_TWELVE, on 09 May 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

That's my plan.  I hope SteelCaressed and son comes out of hiding and joins us.  Will be there with Adrian and Janet (not trf members).  I'm sure GeddysMullet will be there with us.  Stormtron better be there with his wife.  The more the merrier.  Will be great if you join us.
   I'm planning on it. Had a lot of fun last time with everyone. Wish I handen't waited so long to get a ticket, but wasn't sure until recently what city I'd be able to see them in, I'm glad its back up there, I really liked that venue.Can't wait to see everybody again.

#24 lyndale2112

lyndale2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi all,

My brother in law and i will be travelling from Scotland to attending the show at JLL.
We're staying 3 nights at the Hampton hotel about 5 miles away.
I was lucky enough to catch Rush here during the TM tour , and loved the tailgate pre and after show.

Does anyone know of a nearby watering hole where we might get some liquid refreshment pre show.
I know its a pretty remote venue, but i was just wondering if there was anywhere within walking distance of the venue.

Please say heloo, if you see a couple of kilted Jocks wandering aimlessly around....lol
Oh, i'm taking over some T'shirts with me from the recent Rushfest Scotland event which was held recently for the second year. Only $20 for a very cool design, and all money goes to charity. Again, please feel free to say Hi.

Many thanks
Rob.

#25 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

View Postlyndale2112, on 14 May 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

Hi all,

My brother in law and i will be travelling from Scotland to attending the show at JLL.
We're staying 3 nights at the Hampton hotel about 5 miles away.
I was lucky enough to catch Rush here during the TM tour , and loved the tailgate pre and after show.

Does anyone know of a nearby watering hole where we might get some liquid refreshment pre show.
I know its a pretty remote venue, but i was just wondering if there was anywhere within walking distance of the venue.

Please say heloo, if you see a couple of kilted Jocks wandering aimlessly around....lol
Oh, i'm taking over some T'shirts with me from the recent Rushfest Scotland event which was held recently for the second year. Only $20 for a very cool design, and all money goes to charity. Again, please feel free to say Hi.

Many thanks
Rob.

I will be at the Hampton Inn right by the venue (about 2 miles???).  Plan on tailgating just like TM tour.  I was the one who gave you and your mates the ride to the venue and back.

#26 lyndale2112

lyndale2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

Apetersvt.....Hey, how you doing mate?
Great to here from ya.

Yeh, staying at the same hotel as TM tour. Never realised there was anything closer, and by the time i did, it was fully booked.
We're planning on headine closer to the venue in the afternoon, in the hope to find a beer or 2. Look out for us bud, and be sure to say Hi!
I'm sure i'll have a Rushfest Scotland T'shirt in your size.....On the house of course.

Keep in touch mate, and i hope to bump into ya at the gig.

Cheers
Rob

#27 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

I've avoided all the spoilers and reviews, however, my wife read one and said I'll be very, very pleased, really can't wait to reconnect with the folks I met during the TM  meet up. This will be my 3rd TRF meet up since opening night of S&A Atlanta in '08. Has anyone mentioned a time folks may meet up? If I remember correctly the parking area didn't open up until sometime around 4PM.

#28 Justin Case

Justin Case

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1560 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Just bought a ticket...definitely in for DC!!

#29 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6448 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostJustin Case, on 18 May 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Congrats!

Stubhub, live nation? How close?

I think I may have an extra for Philly.

#30 geddysgal13

geddysgal13

The Seeker

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Rush, gardening, sleeping

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

I would be interested if u have an extra ticket for philly. Where is the seat and how much. Please and thank-you.

#31 Justin Case

Justin Case

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1560 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 18 May 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

Congrats!

live nation.  I had 1 awesome and 1 amazing seat disappear on me, but took a front row, inside aisle of section 201.  I was willing to go to the back of the 100s, and this is only 1 row further.  Definitely continuing the hunt.  Good chance better seats get released later (although that first one I had today was solid gold).  For now, though, I'm in the door...and having significantly better seats for other shows, I can't be too greedy.

Definitely let me know about that Philly extra, if it's available.

#32 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

10 days to go. :drool:

#33 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6448 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostJustin Case, on 18 May 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Congrats!

live nation.  I had 1 awesome and 1 amazing seat disappear on me, but took a front row, inside aisle of section 201.  I was willing to go to the back of the 100s, and this is only 1 row further.  Definitely continuing the hunt.  Good chance better seats get released later (although that first one I had today was solid gold).  For now, though, I'm in the door...and having significantly better seats for other shows, I can't be too greedy.

When I read your post JC, didnt realize your DC ticket details were there! Thats a decent seat. I see a bunch of new DC seats in the center section 102 appeared today, magically in the hands of brokers. Since they are all together, guessing they were venue seats gone in a flash.

The Philly is section 112, row 3 or 4. My friend may need to bail out. It is a venue platinum ticket, since we were going to road trip, we didnt want to risk a stub hub error. Think the face was 205 plus 39 charges and delivery/handling. He's may be willing to take a bit of a loss on it if biz gets in the way.

#34 Justin Case

Justin Case

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1560 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 21 May 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostJustin Case, on 18 May 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Congrats!

When I read your post JC, didnt realize your DC ticket details were there! Thats a decent seat. I see a bunch of new DC seats in the center section 102 appeared today, magically in the hands of brokers. Since they are all together, guessing they were venue seats gone in a flash.

The Philly is section 112, row 3 or 4. My friend may need to bail out. It is a venue platinum ticket, since we were going to road trip, we didnt want to risk a stub hub error. Think the face was 205 plus 39 charges and delivery/handling. He's may be willing to take a bit of a loss on it if biz gets in the way.

Don't even get me started on those tix.  The situation is so shady, it's unbelievable.  64 tickets, all "sold" within 2 minutes?  You can't tell me there were 30+ people hanging around on that page at that exact moment without prior knowledge of some sort of release.  Now some of those tix are already up for resale on the very same site and others keep getting trickled back in, 1 or 2 at a time and everything is selling within seconds ( it's still happening now).  

I wish I could have recorded my escapade because it would be in the hands of someone who could do something by now.  The market manipulation and what boils down to something along the lines of likely insider trading is astounding.  And the fact that they do this in plain view of regular consumers makes it all even worse.

I don't mind fair competition,. but this is bullshit. :codger: :codger: :codger:

Ok...I'll stop bitching now....

Anyhow...please keep me abreast of that Philly ticket.  That's a bit more than I'd like to pay, but once the show gets closer that can possibly be re-evaluated.

#35 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6448 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

JC, there were 64 tix here and gone? Does Live nation provide that type of info on their site, or just saw they released a couple of rows? I recall a month ago, MSG had some OK lowers added, as you know, MSG solid sell out for months, at least in that case, the tix were on TM for many hours. Wish I didnt buy MSG right away, but I went for a certain view I never had at a Rush show, directly across the rink straight ahead in the lowers. VS on this forum loved to blast me, ridiculed me about ticket overlords, yet the games the promoters play with tickets has been going on a long time. Will keep you updated about Philly.

Edited by Gabrielgil513, 21 May 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#36 TemplesofLamneth

TemplesofLamneth

The Seeker

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:14 PM

Just joined up, I'll be there with a couple of friends whom I decided needed more quality music in their lives. If you guys are having a meetme up I'd love to join. This is my first Rush show and I can't seem to find people who love and appreciate their music as much as I do so lets do this!

Edited by TemplesofLamneth, 21 May 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#37 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostTemplesofLamneth, on 21 May 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

Just joined up, I'll be there with a couple of friends whom I decided needed more quality music in their lives. If you guys are having a meetme up I'd love to join. This is my first Rush show and I can't seem to find people who love and appreciate their music as much as I do so lets do this!

I am planning a meetup.  I need to find out from the venue what time the lots open and then we can make things definite.  But, the last 3-4 meetups, we have met at the Giant grocery store parking lot which is about a mile from the venue.  We then CARAVAN together so we all end up parking next to each other.  In the past, we have had grills (hopefully SteelCaressed will come out of hiding and join us) and plenty of food and drinks.  I usually get a few helium balloons and tie to the car as a beacon in the parking lot for those who miss the Giant meetup.

#38 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

Plus, we have a tradition of playing Fountain Of Lamneth on acoustic guitars (videos of which are posted courtesy of GeddysMullet in the tour meetup archive section from the CA tour)

#39 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6448 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

View Postapetersvt, on 21 May 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

Plus, we have a tradition of playing Fountain Of Lamneth on acoustic guitars (videos of which are posted courtesy of GeddysMullet in the tour meetup archive section from the CA tour)

Panacea? I am taking transit, but will definitely walk by the parking lot to say hello and check that out (if I get tix ;))

Edited by Gabrielgil513, 21 May 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#40 TemplesofLamneth

TemplesofLamneth

The Seeker

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

My friends are ok with meeting up so ill check in and see what your plans are. See y'all at the show!

Edited by TemplesofLamneth, 22 May 2015 - 10:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users