2015 - 05/30 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be there, any good bars to visit with fans before the show?

We have had a TRF tailgate the last 4 Nissan Pavillion/Jiffy Lube Live shows. We all meet in the parking lot for the Giant grocery store about a mile from the venue. We then caravan into the venue so we all park together. You may wish to go the meetup archives for the other Nisssan Pavillion/Jiffy Lube Live in this subforum to see pics of our get-togethers.

I can't wait. (obviously)

Luckily this show will only be about 2 weeks after the opener. Not too long to resist looking at setlists and thus keeping it a surprise.

I'll be there with my 13 and 8 year old sons, and a fellow Rush maniac and his 13 year old son. Missed the presales, with only 24 hours from announcement to sale, I was 8 hours late... Got seats somewhere in the back ;^( I did score good seats for Greensboro, and this will be an adults only show for me!

If anyone is interested, TRF member KennyLee's band kRUSH is playing a "warmup" gig the night before the Jiffy Lube Live show at Fish Head Cantina in Baltimore. It is about an hour north of JLL but they put on a great show and are worth the short drive if you are so inclined. I already know that at least 20-30 of us will be turning Fish Head's into a Rush pre-show party zone that night so it will be a blast… the more the merrier!

If anyone is interested, TRF member KennyLee's band kRUSH is playing a "warmup" gig the night before the Jiffy Lube Live show at Fish Head Cantina in Baltimore. It is about an hour north of JLL but they put on a great show and are worth the short drive if you are so inclined. I already know that at least 20-30 of us will be turning Fish Head's into a Rush pre-show party zone that night so it will be a blast… the more the merrier!

Thanks, EMS! It will be a great time with some serious fans. Come join the party!

Hello, I may be going to this show, I'm from Toronto and will be in town for work reasons so would love to see it. Whats the deal with this venue, I heard parking is crazy? Kind of random that a venue would be isolated in the middle of nowhere from the sounds of it. By any chance is there a way to get here by train/bus system? Again don't know the area so was just curious.

Anybody catching dave matthews the week before here?

Hello, I may be going to this show, I'm from Toronto and will be in town for work reasons so would love to see it. Whats the deal with this venue, I heard parking is crazy? Kind of random that a venue would be isolated in the middle of nowhere from the sounds of it. By any chance is there a way to get here by train/bus system? Again don't know the area so was just curious.

This is just my opinion, but I think it's a pretty crappy venue. I saw the Time Machine tour there and I felt the acoustics were clearly the worst of the 4 venues I was able to hit on that tour. But what I really hated about the venue was trying to leave. They funneled everyone out of one single exit. I made it to my car pretty quickly after the show, but to no avail… took me over an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot. Needless to say, I'm still pretty bitter about that.

Having said all of that, I am still going to this show. What can I say… I just can't help myself. I live only two hours away, and it's a Saturday show… plus I've met a pack of great Rush fans over the past year many of whom are also headed to the gig, so I'll have some great peeps to hang out with afterwards during the painfully slow emptying of the parking lot.

My advice to you is go to the show if you can. Why not take advantage of being in town at the exact right time? If it turns out to be their last tour you will kick yourself later if you don't do it. Also I'm pretty sure the train is not an option, but not sure about the bus.

Anybody catching dave matthews the week before here?

I have seen Rush at Jiffy Lube 8 times. I agree with EMS about the traffic getting out. It's horrible. I also live about 2 hours away and used to make the drive but now I camp for the weekend of the show (always seems to be a Saturday show here). This means I have a nice post-concert drink before worrying about getting out. The venue is in the middle of nowhere, so a taxi is probably your best option, depending on where you are staying. I will say that I think the sound at Jiffy Lube is great for an outdoor venue. It is a really nice place. Anyway, I say go for it if you are going to be in town. I am thinking this might be it so have tix to 4 shows including opening night.

Tickets in the mail. Always feels good.

No train/bus/public transportation that I'm aware of. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Like others, I have had struggles getting out of there. Last several Rush shows, I have tailgated together with several other TRF'ers and we chill and hang out after the show until traffic dies down. We have been proactive and given out free food and drinks (non alcoholic) to the workers around there before the show during our tailgate so they are cool to us after the show.

Rock on.

Here is the phenomenal set list kRush performed Saturday night at JB McGinnes in Delaware:

Set 1

2112 Overture, Freewill, Subdivisions, The Enemy Within, Kid Gloves, Presto, Bravado, Prime Mover, Red Barchetta, Witch Hunt, Marathon, Cut to the Chase, Half the World, YYZ, Natural Science

Set 2

Limelight, The Garden, Losing It, The Trees, Xanadu, Lakeside Park, Jacob's Ladder, By-Tor and the Snow Dog, Circumstances, Bastille Day, The Spirit of Radio, Fly By Night, In the Mood, LVS

All I can say is WOW!!!!

Set 2

Limelight, The Garden, Losing It, The Trees, Xanadu, Lakeside Park, Jacob's Ladder, By-Tor and the Snow Dog, Circumstances, Bastille Day, The Spirit of Radio, Fly By Night, In the Mood, LVS

That set looks incredible. I approve. Genius!!

Set 2

Well to me, these guys are Genius! But to a genius…. I think you know the rest! :P I know the Rush show is in the DC area, but make no mistake, Fish Head Cantina in South Baltimore on Friday night will be THE PLACE to meet up before this show. Methinks they might need a new roof after all is said and done! kRush Friday followed by RUSH Saturday is about as good a weekend as a Rush fan could hope for! :haz:

Set 2

Well to me, these guys are Genius! But to a genius…. I think you know the rest! :P I know the Rush show is in the DC area, but make no mistake, Fish Head Cantina in South Baltimore on Friday night will be THE PLACE to meet up before this show. Methinks they might need a new roof after all is said and done! kRush Friday followed by RUSH Saturday is about as good a weekend as a Rush fan could hope for! :haz:

Your check is in the mail, EMS!

It's a decent venue for sure... personally, I love the outdoor amphitheaters.

It would really be awesome if they were playing Wolf Trap just for the acoustics... but Wolf Trap has to abide by a noise ordinance and shuts off the stage at 10:00.

As long as one is aware going into it that leaving the Jiffy Lube Live is def. going to take awhile it's all good. Just enjoy a fatty while waiting it out. :smoke:

It truly is in the middle of nowhere, and I don't think busses stop there... certainly isn't a train station either.

I'll be attending this show solo this time around, Last time a few of us met at the Giant and then tailgated before the show, any mention of that this tour?

That's my plan. I hope SteelCaressed and son comes out of hiding and joins us. Will be there with Adrian and Janet (not trf members). I'm sure GeddysMullet will be there with us. Stormtron better be there with his wife. The more the merrier. Will be great if you join us.

I'll be attending this show solo this time around, Last time a few of us met at the Giant and then tailgated before the show, any mention of that this tour?

That's my plan. I hope SteelCaressed and son comes out of hiding and joins us. Will be there with Adrian and Janet (not trf members). I'm sure GeddysMullet will be there with us. Stormtron better be there with his wife. The more the merrier. Will be great if you join us.

I'm planning on it. Had a lot of fun last time with everyone. Wish I handen't waited so long to get a ticket, but wasn't sure until recently what city I'd be able to see them in, I'm glad its back up there, I really liked that venue.Can't wait to see everybody again.

Hi all,

My brother in law and i will be travelling from Scotland to attending the show at JLL.

We're staying 3 nights at the Hampton hotel about 5 miles away.

I was lucky enough to catch Rush here during the TM tour , and loved the tailgate pre and after show.

Does anyone know of a nearby watering hole where we might get some liquid refreshment pre show.

I know its a pretty remote venue, but i was just wondering if there was anywhere within walking distance of the venue.

Please say heloo, if you see a couple of kilted Jocks wandering aimlessly around....lol

Oh, i'm taking over some T'shirts with me from the recent Rushfest Scotland event which was held recently for the second year. Only $20 for a very cool design, and all money goes to charity. Again, please feel free to say Hi.

Many thanks

Rob.

Hi all,

My brother in law and i will be travelling from Scotland to attending the show at JLL.

We're staying 3 nights at the Hampton hotel about 5 miles away.

I was lucky enough to catch Rush here during the TM tour , and loved the tailgate pre and after show.

Does anyone know of a nearby watering hole where we might get some liquid refreshment pre show.

I know its a pretty remote venue, but i was just wondering if there was anywhere within walking distance of the venue.

Please say heloo, if you see a couple of kilted Jocks wandering aimlessly around....lol

Oh, i'm taking over some T'shirts with me from the recent Rushfest Scotland event which was held recently for the second year. Only $20 for a very cool design, and all money goes to charity. Again, please feel free to say Hi.

Many thanks

Rob.

I will be at the Hampton Inn right by the venue (about 2 miles???). Plan on tailgating just like TM tour. I was the one who gave you and your mates the ride to the venue and back.

Archived