2015 - 05/28 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should be going to this one. Too bad it's not Raleigh though. However, I saw my first Rush concert at the Greensboro Coliseum - the Power Windows tour, April 22nd, 1986 with Blue Oyster Cult opening. Great first concert!

Definitely. I'm waiting for the public sale though.

When I went to the Charotte show, last time, I bought tickets the day of the show, and they were on the side, so you might get lucky and can sort of be on that side section, if you're OK with sitting there. You are probably losing a little sound, but you get to see the band up close.

The tickets we got back waaaay back in 1986 were no more than $35.00 to $50.00 per person, at least for what we paid. We had floor seats about 15 to 20 rows from the stage. That was back when getting tickets to a show was far less complicated.

So In. My whatever number show BUT my sons (12 years old) second show. The first one I think went by SOO fast for him that it was somewhat of a blur.

He is psyched!!!

Same except it will be my son's (12 also) 3rd show (Time Machine in Greensboro and Clockwork in Raleigh)

Will wait for the public sale looking to get front half of lower bowl/half way up or so.

Flying to Austin (not with my son) got 2nd Row there.

I'll be seeing this show, got my tix last Friday... Coming from Virginia Beach. I have not been to this venue before, is there a good meeting place nearby? I have fond memories of the Irish bar near the Charlotte venue a couple years back, was great to be able to stay out after the show.

I am also attending and looking to hang out before hand at a pub. I am in the same situation, my wife is not a fan and I would love to take my son but he is only 6. He is way to young for this kind of concert, plus his bed time is around 7pm, therfore I will be going alone.

In!! Got tickets today....they are selling WELL!!! I guess everyone thinks this might be it.

The last time they were in Greensboro we went to a great little place with GOOD food. Let me look and see if I can find it. I think it was a mile or two from the coliseum.

Yeah, I still haven't gotten my tickets. If anyone knows Greensboro well, please post a place for preshow gatherings.

I got two tickets on the floor, Geddy side, 20th row.

I need lodging and dining suggestions.

There are several motel/hotels right at the venu or with a mile or so. But the reviews are scaring me.

I guess I should bite the bullet yet once more, but spending alot on a room for one night seems, well seems stupid.

We are about 4 hours away.

Greensboro can be a scary place, no doubt.

Sarcasism or truth? I have never been to Greensboro. So, are you just kidding me or is it a bad place?

You'll be fine, but it does have a fair amount of crime, yes.

Thanks. How do you like the venue? Sound? Are you familiar with the seating?

There are several motel/hotels right at the venu or with a mile or so. But the reviews are scaring me.

I guess I should bite the bullet yet once more, but spending alot on a room for one night seems, well seems stupid.

I'm 4 hours away, too. I'll be getting a room in Greensboro. I don't like Greensboro, because the people are terrible drivers. They will cut you off and try to get you to hit them.

I'm 4 hours away, too. I'll be getting a room in Greensboro. I don't like Greensboro, because the people are terrible drivers. They will cut you off and try to get you to hit them.

We are about as far away as you. There are several places to stay very close to the venue.

We will drive over the day of the show, get cleaned up and a little rest then off to the concert. We will head home the next morning.

Marriot Courtyard looks like the best place to stay? Costs more for sure.

Where are your seats? Narpski is in SC, but I have not heard him say if he is going or not.

Hey Narpski! You going?

One question. Greensboro has bad drivers? Whats that supposed to mean? I mean we have bad drivers here to.

Archived