2015 - 05/28 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

View Postcircumstantial tree, on 04 April 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

I don't know. What I would like to know is where there can be a preshow meetup. I don't really know Greensboro.

I have never been to Greensboro in my life.
We are staying at the Sheraton. 1.3 miles from the venue. 3 bars if I remember right.  Rooms prices were pretty good as its supposed to be a 3.5 star hotel.  I know its a little much for one night, but why not.  May be the last time.

My wife made a great suggestion to me about taking a cab too and from the show.  This way I can drink and not be concerned about driving.
Cab should be pretty reasonable for such a short ride and no worry about cops. Do taxis take plastic in this day and age?
Nothing worse than getting busted, other than getting busted in another town.

Anyhow we plan to do this safe and not concern ourselves too much about money.  This does not happen to often and after all its Rush!

Would be great if we could all stay at the same hotel!

Edited by John V, 04 April 2015 - 12:24 PM.

Sponsored Post

#42 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

If I make it to the show, I'm driving back home afterwards. Raleigh is only about an hour or hour and half from Greensboro.

#43 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts
  • Interests:Empathy.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostJohn V, on 04 April 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

I don't know. What I would like to know is where there can be a preshow meetup. I don't really know Greensboro.

We are staying at the Sheraton. 1.3 miles from the venue. 3 bars if I remember right.  Rooms prices were pretty good as its supposed to be a 3.5 star hotel.  I know its a little much for one night, but why not.  May be the last time.

My wife made a great suggestion to me about taking a cab too and from the show.  This way I can drink and not be concerned about driving.
Cab should be pretty reasonable for such a short ride and no worry about cops. Do taxis take plastic in this day and age?

Anyhow we plan to do this safe and not concern ourselves too much about money.  This does not happen to often and after all its Rush!

Greensboro is pretty big, actually.  Luckily, the traffic isn't as bad as it used to be, since they basically built a bypass around town.  They call it I-85, but, basically, what they did was separate I-85 from I-40, which runs closer to the downtown area.  Both roads used to run concurrently, like they still do through Burlington.

Anyway, your biggest struggle will be the traffic in Gastonia, on I-85, and then where I-85 bottlenecks around Kannapolis, which is a short part of I-85 that has still not been widened in North Carolina.  It breaks back out into 4 lanes when you get to Salisbury.  Then you can fly to Greensboro.  No problem.

People will cut you off big time in Greensboro, so be prepared.  But, I don't know much about the downtown area, so that will be new to me as well.  Good luck.

#44 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostAikenrooster, on 04 April 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Greensboro is pretty big, actually.  Luckily, the traffic isn't as bad as it used to be, since they basically built a bypass around town.  They call it I-85, but, basically, what they did was separate I-85 from I-40, which runs closer to the downtown area.  Both roads used to run concurrently, like they still do through Burlington.

Anyway, your biggest struggle will be the traffic in Gastonia, on I-85, and then where I-85 bottlenecks around Kannapolis, which is a short part of I-85 that has still not been widened in North Carolina.  It breaks back out into 4 lanes when you get to Salisbury.  Then you can fly to Greensboro.  No problem.

People will cut you off big time in Greensboro, so be prepared.  But, I don't know much about the downtown area, so that will be new to me as well.  Good luck.

We hope to be in Greensboro long before rush hour.  We hope to be.
What makes people in Greensboro more likely to cut me off?  Are they a special type of people? I'm just curious as to your statement.
I don't think I have been cut off in my vehicle in many many years.

#45 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Well, I can tell you that I-40 and I-85 west of Raleigh, you're more apt to get a speeding ticket, so I advise anybody to watch themselves. Neil was weaving in and out of traffic and got ticketed on his way to the Raleigh show for Snakes and Arrows in that same general area.

#46 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostJohn V, on 07 April 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

View PostAikenrooster, on 04 April 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

We hope to be in Greensboro long before rush hour.  We hope to be.
What makes people in Greensboro more likely to cut me off?  Are they a special type of people? I'm just curious as to your statement.
I don't think I have been cut off in my vehicle in many many years.
I don't know, but what I am telling you is from  experience and I'm on the road every day.

#47 Funky Chicken

Funky Chicken

The Seeker

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

The last show I saw at the Greensboro Coliseum was Van Halen with DLR. We went to Hooters beforehand which was a perfect choice before a Van Halen show.
Driving in from just South of Raleigh with my brother who lives in Holly Springs. 64 to 421 to avoid 40/85 nonsense. No good idea for a meetup spot on my part.

#48 tskidmore

tskidmore

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, no shit on the lack of a good meetup site... Who builds a Coliseum in the middle of an industrial park? I've been looking around Google Maps and I dont see anywhere.  Maybe near the hotels and a cab in is the way to go.  Whats the surrounding neighborhood like?  Can you walk back to the hotel areas after the show?

#49 OBXstarman

OBXstarman

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:56 PM

My wife and I are coming from OBX. She has been with me to every Rush show since we met, so I have myself a keeper! But we were looking into places (Much like that Irish Pub in Charlotte a couple years back a lot of people mentioned) We stumbled in there and had no clue we would be in such good company. Is there a radio station there doing any sort of set up at a restaurant nearby? It seems like many people posting are from out of town.

Also, we do not have tickets yet, but I keep seeing people talking about sideview seats being sold closer to the show date. Ive never heard of this? Any help or advice on that subject would be greatly appreciated!!!

#50 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostOBXstarman, on 29 April 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

My wife and I are coming from OBX. She has been with me to every Rush show since we met, so I have myself a keeper! But we were looking into places (Much like that Irish Pub in Charlotte a couple years back a lot of people mentioned) We stumbled in there and had no clue we would be in such good company. Is there a radio station there doing any sort of set up at a restaurant nearby? It seems like many people posting are from out of town.

Also, we do not have tickets yet, but I keep seeing people talking about sideview seats being sold closer to the show date. Ive never heard of this? Any help or advice on that subject would be greatly appreciated!!!
I'm not saying it will happen for certain, but it happened to me in Charlotte, which was a show that I had NOT planned on going to, because I wasn't scheduled to be off that night.  I sure as hell wouldn't rely on that, although, at this point, it's a little late to be thinking of tickets.  If VIP is still available, try to go for it, considering how far you're travelling.  I did.

Greensboro is a better venue for Rush, since more "transplants" from up narth settled there, as opposed to Charlotte.  And people from up narth prefer rock n roll.  I'm sure Kenny Chesney or Miranda Lambert could sell out Charlotte easy.

#51 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

View Posttskidmore, on 28 April 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yeah, no shit on the lack of a good meetup site... Who builds a Coliseum in the middle of an industrial park? I've been looking around Google Maps and I dont see anywhere.  Maybe near the hotels and a cab in is the way to go.  Whats the surrounding neighborhood like?  Can you walk back to the hotel areas after the show?

I also saw the area on Google Earth and it looked very desolate.  But if you search nearby hotels using the colliseum as the base, you get several hotels within one mile.
Our hotel is 1.3 miles from the venue.  I am going to check and see if they offer a shuttle service to the colliseum.
If not we are taking a cab most likley.

#52 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Okay folks. Concert not to far off.  Looks like we might have a sellout.  Supposed to be 90% sold out.
If anyone wants to meet up, let me know.
I will buy you a beer.

We will be easy to spot.  A balding/bald man with a woman thats way out of his league, both wearing cheap ass R-40 tee shirts!......lol

Edited by John V, 07 May 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#53 got rush?

got rush?

The Seeker

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Anything that involves RUSH ON TOUR.
    Saving all year just to buy RUSH TIXS.
    Wearing RUSH caps, shirts and other RUSH SWAG.
    Maybe win M&G again but actually get to meet them. Lol lol

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:41 PM

We will be there.  Sec 108, Row A.  Stop by and say hi!
We are staying at the Holiday Inn Coliseum.
Is the Show within walking distance?

#54 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

View Postgot rush?, on 10 May 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

Please be extra careful on I-85 in SC.  THERE have been some really bad wrecks, lately, some involving fatalities.  It's a VERY congested stretch of highway that hasn't been widened.

#55 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

View Postgot rush?, on 10 May 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

We are row 20, seats 3&4.  Geddy side, near center isle.
We are staying at the Sheraton. 1.3 miles away.  My wife asked about walking, but it seems taking a cab might be a better idea.  Unless they have shuttle service for the collisium. We shall see once we arrive.
Hotel has 3 restaurant bars on site.

Edited by John V, 12 May 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#56 chasesigi

chasesigi

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

Less than two weeks to go. Row 14 Geddy side ..... Excitement so thick .....

Sure does not seem like there is much within walking distance of the Venue, I typically like to arrive early, park and then walk to a bar-grill restaurant. There is a BBQ joint across the street but no bar.

With the lack of meet up spots its look like most of us will be tailgating ?

#57 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

I just purchased my two tickets. 5th row, Geddy's side. These are platinum tickets. The deal is this, I had to buy two, not just one, so if someone wants a good seat next to me, I can sell the second ticket to you. Give it some thought! The price for each is $275.00. One is mine, yours is the other.

Edited by circumstantial tree, 16 May 2015 - 01:58 PM.

#58 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

View Postcircumstantial tree, on 16 May 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

I just purchased my two tickets. 5th row, Geddy's side. These are platinum tickets. The deal is this, I had to buy two, not just one, so if someone wants a good seat next to me, I can sell the second ticket to you. Give it some thought! The price for each is $275.00. One is mine, yours is the other.
Don't I wish... :lol: Going to Atlanta and can barely do that. Enjoy my friend... :cheers:

#59 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

View Postcircumstantial tree, on 16 May 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Awesome!

#60 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users