2015 - 05/28 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming up from outside Greenville, SC.

I'm driving in from Spartanburg. Campobello to be exact.

I sure hope we can arrange something. I would really enjoy meeting you guys!

I will even buy you a beer.

Anyone get their room yet? There are several places very close. But I'm OCD when it comes to hotel rooms.

We need someone from Greensboro to clue us up.

Anyone get their room yet? There are several places very close. But I'm OCD when it comes to hotel rooms.

We appreciate the offer, but make it a Diet Mt. Dew for the lady and a Cherry Coke or Cherry Pepsi for myself. BTW, it'll be her first Rush show - oddly enough, also probably her last, if the rumors are true.

We appreciate the offer, but make it a Diet Mt. Dew for the lady and a Cherry Coke or Cherry Pepsi for myself. BTW, it'll be her first Rush show - oddly enough, also probably her last, if the rumors are true.

Regardless of what you drink, I look forward to meeting you. I am bringing wife along as well.

Have you made any lodging reservations yet?

Regardless of what you drink, I look forward to meeting you. I am bringing wife along as well.

No, not yet. I suppose we ought to consider doing that soon.

No, not yet. I suppose we ought to consider doing that soon.

Yep, Not sure what kind of turnout we will have, but many people will have to travel this time and Greensboro is no different.

There are several places right near the venue. But like i said i'm OCD about hotels and motels.

So, I plan to make the reservations at Marriott Courtyard. They were always nice when i had to travel for work.

Ah, campobello. One of my best friends lives there. Right at the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Very beautiful part of our little state.

I don't know. What I would like to know is where there can be a preshow meetup. I don't really know Greensboro.

I don't know. What I would like to know is where there can be a preshow meetup. I don't really know Greensboro.

I guess you're gonna hold out and see if they release some side stage tickets closer to the show?

Don't know yet what I'm going to do. when the general sale was underway, nosebleed seats were all that was left.

Don't know yet what I'm going to do. when the general sale was underway, nosebleed seats were all that was left.

Try to wait until the day of the sale. You can get side stage tickets, hopefully, which ain't bad at all. You'll be closer than a lot of people who paid a lot more for their tickets.

I have never been to Greensboro in my life.

We are staying at the Sheraton. 1.3 miles from the venue. 3 bars if I remember right. Rooms prices were pretty good as its supposed to be a 3.5 star hotel. I know its a little much for one night, but why not. May be the last time.

My wife made a great suggestion to me about taking a cab too and from the show. This way I can drink and not be concerned about driving.

Cab should be pretty reasonable for such a short ride and no worry about cops. Do taxis take plastic in this day and age?

Nothing worse than getting busted, other than getting busted in another town.

Anyhow we plan to do this safe and not concern ourselves too much about money. This does not happen to often and after all its Rush!

Would be great if we could all stay at the same hotel!

If I make it to the show, I'm driving back home afterwards. Raleigh is only about an hour or hour and half from Greensboro.

We are staying at the Sheraton. 1.3 miles from the venue. 3 bars if I remember right. Rooms prices were pretty good as its supposed to be a 3.5 star hotel. I know its a little much for one night, but why not. May be the last time.

My wife made a great suggestion to me about taking a cab too and from the show. This way I can drink and not be concerned about driving.

Cab should be pretty reasonable for such a short ride and no worry about cops. Do taxis take plastic in this day and age?

Anyhow we plan to do this safe and not concern ourselves too much about money. This does not happen to often and after all its Rush!

Greensboro is pretty big, actually. Luckily, the traffic isn't as bad as it used to be, since they basically built a bypass around town. They call it I-85, but, basically, what they did was separate I-85 from I-40, which runs closer to the downtown area. Both roads used to run concurrently, like they still do through Burlington.

Anyway, your biggest struggle will be the traffic in Gastonia, on I-85, and then where I-85 bottlenecks around Kannapolis, which is a short part of I-85 that has still not been widened in North Carolina. It breaks back out into 4 lanes when you get to Salisbury. Then you can fly to Greensboro. No problem.

People will cut you off big time in Greensboro, so be prepared. But, I don't know much about the downtown area, so that will be new to me as well. Good luck.

Greensboro is pretty big, actually. Luckily, the traffic isn't as bad as it used to be, since they basically built a bypass around town. They call it I-85, but, basically, what they did was separate I-85 from I-40, which runs closer to the downtown area. Both roads used to run concurrently, like they still do through Burlington.

Anyway, your biggest struggle will be the traffic in Gastonia, on I-85, and then where I-85 bottlenecks around Kannapolis, which is a short part of I-85 that has still not been widened in North Carolina. It breaks back out into 4 lanes when you get to Salisbury. Then you can fly to Greensboro. No problem.

People will cut you off big time in Greensboro, so be prepared. But, I don't know much about the downtown area, so that will be new to me as well. Good luck.

We hope to be in Greensboro long before rush hour. We hope to be.

What makes people in Greensboro more likely to cut me off? Are they a special type of people? I'm just curious as to your statement.

I don't think I have been cut off in my vehicle in many many years.

Well, I can tell you that I-40 and I-85 west of Raleigh, you're more apt to get a speeding ticket, so I advise anybody to watch themselves. Neil was weaving in and out of traffic and got ticketed on his way to the Raleigh show for Snakes and Arrows in that same general area.

We hope to be in Greensboro long before rush hour. We hope to be.

What makes people in Greensboro more likely to cut me off? Are they a special type of people? I'm just curious as to your statement.

I don't think I have been cut off in my vehicle in many many years.

I don't know, but what I am telling you is from experience and I'm on the road every day.

The last show I saw at the Greensboro Coliseum was Van Halen with DLR. We went to Hooters beforehand which was a perfect choice before a Van Halen show.

Driving in from just South of Raleigh with my brother who lives in Holly Springs. 64 to 421 to avoid 40/85 nonsense. No good idea for a meetup spot on my part.

Yeah, no shit on the lack of a good meetup site... Who builds a Coliseum in the middle of an industrial park? I've been looking around Google Maps and I dont see anywhere. Maybe near the hotels and a cab in is the way to go. Whats the surrounding neighborhood like? Can you walk back to the hotel areas after the show?

My wife and I are coming from OBX. She has been with me to every Rush show since we met, so I have myself a keeper! But we were looking into places (Much like that Irish Pub in Charlotte a couple years back a lot of people mentioned) We stumbled in there and had no clue we would be in such good company. Is there a radio station there doing any sort of set up at a restaurant nearby? It seems like many people posting are from out of town.

Also, we do not have tickets yet, but I keep seeing people talking about sideview seats being sold closer to the show date. Ive never heard of this? Any help or advice on that subject would be greatly appreciated!!!

My wife and I are coming from OBX. She has been with me to every Rush show since we met, so I have myself a keeper! But we were looking into places (Much like that Irish Pub in Charlotte a couple years back a lot of people mentioned) We stumbled in there and had no clue we would be in such good company. Is there a radio station there doing any sort of set up at a restaurant nearby? It seems like many people posting are from out of town.

Also, we do not have tickets yet, but I keep seeing people talking about sideview seats being sold closer to the show date. Ive never heard of this? Any help or advice on that subject would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm not saying it will happen for certain, but it happened to me in Charlotte, which was a show that I had NOT planned on going to, because I wasn't scheduled to be off that night. I sure as hell wouldn't rely on that, although, at this point, it's a little late to be thinking of tickets. If VIP is still available, try to go for it, considering how far you're travelling. I did.

Greensboro is a better venue for Rush, since more "transplants" from up narth settled there, as opposed to Charlotte. And people from up narth prefer rock n roll. I'm sure Kenny Chesney or Miranda Lambert could sell out Charlotte easy.

Archived