2015 - 05/28 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you we'ren't kidding - we are neighbors about 2-3 miles down the road. Love downtown Apex! Peak City Grill is great! Have you tried their new BBQ place across from the fire dept? Heard it was fantastic!

you we'ren't kidding - we are neighbors about 2-3 miles down the road. Love downtown Apex! Peak City Grill is great! Have you tried their new BBQ place across from the fire dept? Heard it was fantastic!

I've been to Peak City Grill, but it was awhile ago. They had a great brunch at the time. yeah, I'm 5 minutes from Salem Street.

I went to college in Greensboro - and my parents grew up there (live Cary/Apex now). Greensboro is no different than any other city - there are bad areas just like other places. Coliseum is nice area. Several restaurants clse by - my personal favorite is Stamey's BBQ - right across the street. It is fantastic (they used to let us get wood for our own pig pickin's back in college). Their homeade cobler is THE BEST! I'm going there for dinner beforehand. Leaving my office in Raleigh about 3;30.

One of my favorite hangouts back in the day was JP Looney's - which was at corner of Spring Garden and Holden Rd (about 1-2 miles from the Coliseum) - but I haven't ben there in years, or if it's still called that. Hamms is also good - can' remember where that is though.

Coliseum is near the mall - so plenty of places (mostly chain restaurants if I remember correctly). Any G'boro locals here?

Would have been great to have the meet up closer to the venue. But it is, what it is.

You guys sure do start early!

I went to college in Greensboro - and my parents grew up there (live Cary/Apex now). Greensboro is no different than any other city - there are bad areas just like other places. Coliseum is nice area. Several restaurants clse by - my personal favorite is Stamey's BBQ - right across the street. It is fantastic (they used to let us get wood for our own pig pickin's back in college). Their homeade cobler is THE BEST! I'm going there for dinner beforehand. Leaving my office in Raleigh about 3;30.

One of my favorite hangouts back in the day was JP Looney's - which was at corner of Spring Garden and Holden Rd (about 1-2 miles from the Coliseum) - but I haven't ben there in years, or if it's still called that. Hamms is also good - can' remember where that is though.

Coliseum is near the mall - so plenty of places (mostly chain restaurants if I remember correctly). Any G'boro locals here?

Would have been great to have the meet up closer to the venue. But it is, what it is.

Well, I-40 at rush hour in the Raleigh area is no fun. That's another reason to get out earlier besides going to meet other fans. They'd probably be playing Raleigh if Kenny Chesney wasn't playing at the PNC arena the same night. Or whoever it was that's playing.

Well, I-40 at rush hour in the Raleigh area is no fun. That's another reason to get out earlier besides going to meet other fans. They'd probably be playing Raleigh if Kenny Chesney wasn't playing at the PNC arena the same night. Or whoever it was that's playing.

Yep. Raleigh traffic sucks.

We plan to leave here as early as possible. Check in at the hotel is 3:00. Hope they let us in early.

I hope to be in Greensboro before 3:00. I hope that would be well before rush hour?

Any how, look forward to seeing all of you at Natty's. We will go there just as soon as we get checked in.

Oh yeah. rush hour in Raleigh starts about 4:00 over by the airport close to where I work. I hope to leave Raleigh around 2:00. In normal traffic conditions, the drive should take an hour, perhaps slightly more. My concern is parking since I wouldn't want to walk between Natty Greene's and the Coliseum.

Oh yeah. rush hour in Raleigh starts about 4:00 over by the airport close to where I work. I hope to leave Raleigh around 2:00. In normal traffic conditions, the drive should take an hour, perhaps slightly more. My concern is parking since I wouldn't want to walk between Natty Greene's and the Coliseum.

Parking?

Parking?

Parking at Natty Greene's and then driving over to the coliseum to park there. If the venue was right by the pub, then I could just park my car once and simply walk from the pub to the venue.

I was hoping to leave earlier Thurdsay, but my last meeting doesn't end until 3. Bummed cause I was going to stop and see my grandfather for a few minutes before heading to the Coliseum - oh well. Saw him this weekend. I should still miss traffic - but I'm used to it going from North Raleigh to Apex and dealing with the Beltline everyday.

You guys will love Natty Greene's - great brews - Buckshot Amber, and their IPA are great! Food is decent too.

I'm gonna grab some BBQ at Stamey's! LOVE that place! Right across street from Coliseum.

Anyone that lives in or near Raleigh, CT you said that rush hour starts at about 4 in Raleigh. We are coming from OBX and it looks like we will be taking 64, then the route 1 bypass around Raleigh. If we are moving through that area between 2-3, do you think that we will hit any bad traffic? I'm guessing that will be the only part of our commute that might be a problem. ANy other advice would be greatly appreciated!

I believe my wife and I will be going to Natty Greene's, so I am sure that we might see some of you there!

My Google maps directions have me on I-85 the whole way. I also have the address of the hotel in my GPS.

Any suggestions or just go with what I got?

We plan to be in greensboro by 3:00. We hope!

CT - looks lke it! We're off 10-10 just past Holly Springs Rd. You near there?

I pass you every day. I live just South of MCHS.

My brother lives in Sunset Oaks off Optimist Farm.

Yep - I know that area very well. We looked at houses there before building in Churchill.

Anyone that lives in or near Raleigh, CT you said that rush hour starts at about 4 in Raleigh. We are coming from OBX and it looks like we will be taking 64, then the route 1 bypass around Raleigh. If we are moving through that area between 2-3, do you think that we will hit any bad traffic? I'm guessing that will be the only part of our commute that might be a problem. ANy other advice would be greatly appreciated!

I believe my wife and I will be going to Natty Greene's, so I am sure that we might see some of you there!

You should be fine. It doesn't really start picking up there until 4 or so.

I'm hoping we leave Atlanta tomorrow and ride around in the mountains and peep out some waterfalls and then maybe drive up Mount Mitchell or something before heading that way Thursday. Be cool.

I work over by RDU airport. It starts getting hectic around 4:00. If you are out of that area by that time, you should be fine assuming no car accidents cause delays.

I'm hoping we leave Atlanta tomorrow and ride around in the mountains and peep out some waterfalls and then maybe drive up Mount Mitchell or something before heading that way Thursday. Be cool.

Be on the lookout for a couple BMW bikes loaded with travel gear. I would hedge that's the route they're taking. Not a terribly long ride from mountains to Greensboro.

Archived