• Interests:Empathy.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

I hope to make this one, too.

#3 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

I should be going to this one. Too bad it's not Raleigh though. However, I saw my first Rush concert at the Greensboro Coliseum - the Power Windows tour, April 22nd, 1986 with Blue Oyster Cult opening. Great first concert!

#4 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Hope to see you there CT.  We got tickets in the lower bowl (sec 108), so my wife would be up off the floor a little bit.  Woo Hoo!

#5 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Definitely. I'm waiting for the public sale though.

#6 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

Freightdreamliner

• Members *
  • 8725 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

View Postcircumstantial tree, on 30 January 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

Definitely. I'm waiting for the public sale though.
When I went to the Charotte show, last time, I bought tickets the day of the show, and they were on the side, so you might get lucky and can sort of be on that side section, if you're OK with sitting there.  You are probably losing a little sound, but you get to see the band up close.

#7 mlc

mlc

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

So In. My whatever number show BUT my sons (12 years old) second show. The first one I think went by SOO fast for him that it was somewhat of a blur.

He is psyched!!!

#8 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

The tickets we got back waaaay back in 1986 were no more than $35.00 to $50.00 per person, at least for what we paid. We had floor seats about 15 to 20 rows from the stage. That was back when getting tickets to a show was far less complicated.

#9 Syrinx Priest

Syrinx Priest

The Seeker

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

View Postmlc, on 31 January 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

So In. My whatever number show BUT my sons (12 years old) second show. The first one I think went by SOO fast for him that it was somewhat of a blur.

He is psyched!!!

Same except it will be my son's (12 also)  3rd show  (Time Machine in Greensboro and Clockwork in Raleigh)
Will wait for the public sale looking to get front half of lower bowl/half way up or so.

Flying to Austin (not with my son) got 2nd Row there.

#10 mlc

mlc

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Flying to Austin (not with my son) got 2nd Row there.

NICE!!!

The wife just isn't into Rush (I know, I know) but it does make for a nice Father/Son activity!!

#11 tskidmore

tskidmore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

I'll be seeing this show, got my tix last Friday...   Coming from Virginia Beach.   I have not been to this venue before, is there a good meeting place nearby?  I have fond memories of the Irish bar near the Charlotte venue a couple years back, was great to be able to stay out after the show.

#12 iglehart

iglehart

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Computer games, RPG's, Bowling, softball, baseball, college basketball, Poker, music, brewing beer, cooking, poetry, science fiction, science, computer software<--- my job but I have an interest in it too.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

I am also attending and looking to hang out before hand at a pub. I am in the same situation, my wife is not a fan and I would love to take my son but he is only 6. He is way to young for this kind of concert, plus his bed time is around 7pm, therfore I will be going alone.

#13 mlc

mlc

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

In!! Got tickets today....they are selling WELL!!! I guess everyone thinks this might be it.

The last time they were in Greensboro we went to a great little place with GOOD food. Let me look and see if I can find it. I think it was a mile or two from the coliseum.

#14 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, I still haven't gotten my tickets. If anyone knows Greensboro well, please post a place for preshow gatherings.

#15 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

I got two tickets on the floor, Geddy side, 20th row.
I need lodging and dining suggestions.
There are several motel/hotels right at the venu or with a mile or so.  But the reviews are scaring me.
I guess I should bite the bullet yet once more, but spending alot on a room for one night seems, well seems stupid.
We are about 4 hours away.

#16 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

Greensboro can be a scary place, no doubt.

#17 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

View Postcircumstantial tree, on 09 February 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

Greensboro can be a scary place, no doubt.

Sarcasism or truth?  I have never been to Greensboro.  So, are you just kidding me or is it a bad place?

#18 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

You'll be fine, but it does have a fair amount of crime, yes.

#19 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

View Postcircumstantial tree, on 10 February 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

You'll be fine, but it does have a fair amount of crime, yes.

Thanks. How do you like the venue?  Sound? Are you familiar with the seating?

#20 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

Haven't been since 1986, couldn't tell you except the show was wonderful on the Power Windows tour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users