2015 - 05/24 - Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Kubla~Khan

Kubla~Khan

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy the Florida lifestyle, I own South Florida Marine Repair.
    I play Bass guitar in a Praise & Worship band every week. Usually around 1500 in attendance a weekend in a contemporary church.
    I'm married to the coolest woman in the world!
    I try to keep my life pretty simple. I usually begin my day with a morning bible devotional.

My Facebook: Randall Reed

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

Me and my lovely wife hanging at the Embassy Suites happy hour tonight. Hey! Wake up!!🎶🍻🍺🍻🍺

Sponsored Post

#42 BY-TORonto

BY-TORonto

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

One more night! Chill day today (well, HOT) in Tampa. Ready for some beers by the water tomorrow, see y'all soon!

Anyone try Uber before? I'm a first timer and thinking of trying it to/from the show.

#43 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15998 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

View Postcygnify, on 22 May 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

There's been so many shows at the amphitheater, I forgot what parking is like at the Amelie.  Online it looks like a bunch of garages.  So, no tailgating / cookout?  Kinda bummed about that - CA tour we tailgated in style literally 100 yards from the venue, ate well and listened to Rush soundcheck with a good buzz.  It was surreal.  But I guess Fergs could be fun.
The best place to park is in lots north of the arena.  Tailgating?  No way, too hot.

#44 gonzalez97

gonzalez97

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

View PostBY-TORonto, on 23 May 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

One more night! Chill day today (well, HOT) in Tampa. Ready for some beers by the water tomorrow, see y'all soon!

Anyone try Uber before? I'm a first timer and thinking of trying it to/from the show.

Definitely. Uber is great. Cheaper than cab and easy to use. And you know the identity and location of the driver in advance. Highly recommend. If you have never used, you can use the code below. You'll get your first ride (up to $20) for free.

luisg115

#45 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2223 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

I will be at Fergs with my wife and son.

#46 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

Th..th..THAT'S IT™ folks!!!

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

Todem, awesome! The six of us will be there, maybe 3:30ish. I'll post a group photo of us so you'll know what we look like!

#47 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2223 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:41 AM

Awesome bro. We will all be wearing Rush shirts like everyone else. But my kid will be wearing a Fly By Night shirt. My wife will wearing her black ladies snakes and arrows shirt and I will be wearing my 1974-2112 black Rush baseball jersey.

Hard to miss a Rush family of three in that exact attire. If I don't see you but you see me...don't be shy...say hello and let's toast some Maltus!!!

So pumped......and I am totally unspoiled.

#48 BY-TORonto

BY-TORonto

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

I'll be coming on my own, look out for the cool Rush gal in a blue 2112 shirt.

#49 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

We'll be rocking these matching custom t-shirts our buddies daughter made, there is the Fly by Night owl with an R40 seal on the front, and our names + countries on the back. I'm about 6'5, hard to miss, can't wait to meet everyone! BY-TORonto, four of us are from Ottawa, be sure to say hello!

- Chris

Edited by Godeater2112, 24 May 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#50 Zanadoo

Zanadoo

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1521 posts
  • Interests:News, Weather, Sports.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Anybody have opinions on the best place to park? Preferably less expensive..

#51 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:23 PM

Here is most of our motley crew 20 mins ago, we're en route to Ferg's now!Posted Image

Edited by Godeater2112, 24 May 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#52 gonzalez97

gonzalez97

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostZanadoo, on 24 May 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Anybody have opinions on the best place to park? Preferably less expensive..

Depending where you are coming from. North of the arena, you might be able to find parking on a side street. If not, there will be plenty of lots along s morgan. The further north the less expensive. Might mean a few extra blocks to walk. But you also won't be jammed up in traffic after the show.

There may even be $5 parking at the northern end towards Straz center.

#53 Kubla~Khan

Kubla~Khan

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy the Florida lifestyle, I own South Florida Marine Repair.
    I play Bass guitar in a Praise & Worship band every week. Usually around 1500 in attendance a weekend in a contemporary church.
    I'm married to the coolest woman in the world!
    I try to keep my life pretty simple. I usually begin my day with a morning bible devotional.

My Facebook: Randall Reed

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

$12.00 parking next to Embassy Suites. Within walking distance of meet up's.

#54 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

Wow! What an adventure that was yesterday to say the least! Thwarting spoilers, I have to say in 30+ shows that may have been the most unusual Rush show I've ever seen.

Ancient Ways, BY-TORonto, you guys are both amazing, it's been one of the highlights of my entire trip to hang out with you both, thanks for connecting! Todem, sorry we missed you man, hope you had a great time!

Posted Image
Cheers!

Edited by Godeater2112, 25 May 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#55 BY-TORonto

BY-TORonto

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:32 AM

Yea man, Loud and awesome. Those guys rocked, and the crowd was unbelievable! A few too many hot weather beers and I'm pretty slow today, but totally worth it.

Great pre-party, thanks for letting me crash at your table. Maybe I'll see ya in Toronto, Godeater. Rush on guys!

Oh and I'm staying at Guy Harvey resort tonight in case you guys are close by!

#56 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15998 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostBY-TORonto, on 25 May 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

Yea man, Loud and awesome. Those guys rocked, and the crowd was unbelievable! A few too many hot weather beers and I'm pretty slow today, but totally worth it.

Great pre-party, thanks for letting me crash at your table. Maybe I'll see ya in Toronto, Godeater. Rush on guys!

Oh and I'm staying at Guy Harvey resort tonight in case you guys are close by!
Glad you stopped by.  Can't find a better group of people than Chris and friends.

#57 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2223 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

GodEater,

We are hooking up in Vegas.....this was the family trip...and we were running around a bunch at our resort, playing tennis, swimming etc.

Vegas is the guy's weekend.....look forward to meeting up. I will PM you before I leave and exchange some contact info. We are staying at the MGM and will have the goods for some pre-show fun.

Tampa was EPIC.....pure magic and I am so happy I was unspoiled. So freaking happy!!!!

#58 cygnify

cygnify

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1412 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Astronomy, Family (not necessarily in that order)

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

Well, I was at Ferg's too - I think somehow I missed meeting up with you Godeater2112.  However, I did hang a bit and enjoy meeting Scottishdood - and amazingly, after he returns to Scotland, we will both fly to New York city to see the Steven Wilson shows!  In fact, staying on nearly the same street in Manhattan!  Small world indeed!  If you're in New York too, let's have a drink!  :cheers: :hail:

#59 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15998 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

View Postcygnify, on 27 May 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Well, I was at Ferg's too - I think somehow I missed meeting up with you Godeater2112.  However, I did hang a bit and enjoy meeting Scottishdood - and amazingly, after he returns to Scotland, we will both fly to New York city to see the Steven Wilson shows!  In fact, staying on nearly the same street in Manhattan!  Small world indeed!  If you're in New York too, let's have a drink!  :cheers: :hail:
I saw scottishdood hanging with some people at a table closer to the band than we were.  Probably you?

#60 cygnify

cygnify

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1412 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Astronomy, Family (not necessarily in that order)

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 29 May 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

View Postcygnify, on 27 May 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

I saw scottishdood hanging with some people at a table closer to the band than we were.  Probably you?

Probably - sorry I missed you guys.

Btw, Scottishdood and I were unable to meet up in New York this past weekend (too much going on!)  It was such a coincidence that we met up in Tampa and were staying a couple blocks apart in NYC for the Steven Wilson shows.... but it wasn't to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users