2015 - 05/24 - Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

This will be for my sons birthday (He turns 10 in March and has seen Rush 3 times already and met Geddy and Alex to boot). We will drive up Friday Morning, catch a Rays game vs the A's that night, go to another Ray's game Saturday afternoon and then the three of us will be at the show Sunday night.

Very pumped for this one (as well as Vegas)!

Cool that we're hitting the same two shows! I missed the boat on my usual Canadian dates because I'm in Europe that week.

T-MINUS TWENTY EIGHT DAYS!!! Starting to get excited!

Let's make sure we meet up in Vegas. Staying at the MGM....coming in Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. Tampa is the family show. We hitting a couple of Rays games (Friday and Saturday) then hitting the show Sunday night.

Can't wait!!!

Wicked, let's do that for sure, would be great to meet you!

We haven't even booked flights or accommodations for Vegas yet so we don't know where we'll be staying yet haha, Still dealing with $$$expenses from Tampa and also Hellfest in France in June! \m/

Now you dry them big Canadian eyes of yours there God...cos you know we are out to play in Tampa very very soon!!! #spendingafortuneonarushshow...bcostheyareworthit!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking for 2 tickets for Tampa.

Has a pre-show spot been decided on? There is Fergs and Hooters close to the venue. There is also Champions Sports Bar, which is quite nice, inside of the Marriott lobby area (across the street from the venue). Thoughts?

Is it you?

WarholSquares1_normal.jpg Rush Backstage Club @rushbackstage · May 14

Huge congrats to M&G contest winners: Scott in Houston, Stephen in New Orleans and Almet in Tampa!

Looks like a place called Trolley's is in close proximity of the concert, Here are a few other meeting spot close to the area.

• Bennigan's
  • Bern's Steakhouse
  • Cafe' Dufrain

• Columbia Restaurant
  • Tinatapa's
  • Valencia Garden Restauran

We will be there Sat & Sunday. Probably going to check out the Florida Aquaruim down the street sometime Sat. ~ Any suggestions? :smoke:

The best bet for a meet-up before the concert will be Ferg's. It is immediately across the street from Amelia arena. Has you typical bar food, alcohol, both indoor and outside seating as well as a live band from 4:00-7:30 (Scream Machine plays rock from 80s and 90s).

Both the indoor and outdoor areas are large and can accommodate big groups.

http://www.fergslive.com/

Folks! Everyone I've spoken too, TRF and otherwise and many locals have all mentioned FERG's as a top destination so let's go ahead and plan on that!

My cell number is (SIX-ONE-THREE).608.8386, feel free to drop me a text if you're trying to locate the gang, the bar will be loud so better texting than calling.

Safe trips to all who are heading to Tampa from out of town, I leave from Ottawa in about 14 hours!

Cheers!

Chris

There's been so many shows at the amphitheater, I forgot what parking is like at the Amelie. Online it looks like a bunch of garages. So, no tailgating / cookout? Kinda bummed about that - CA tour we tailgated in style literally 100 yards from the venue, ate well and listened to Rush soundcheck with a good buzz. It was surreal. But I guess Fergs could be fun.

Mr And Mrs Q will be there! Fergs is the place?

One more night! Chill day today (well, HOT) in Tampa. Ready for some beers by the water tomorrow, see y'all soon!

Anyone try Uber before? I'm a first timer and thinking of trying it to/from the show.

There's been so many shows at the amphitheater, I forgot what parking is like at the Amelie. Online it looks like a bunch of garages. So, no tailgating / cookout? Kinda bummed about that - CA tour we tailgated in style literally 100 yards from the venue, ate well and listened to Rush soundcheck with a good buzz. It was surreal. But I guess Fergs could be fun.

The best place to park is in lots north of the arena. Tailgating? No way, too hot.

One more night! Chill day today (well, HOT) in Tampa. Ready for some beers by the water tomorrow, see y'all soon!

Anyone try Uber before? I'm a first timer and thinking of trying it to/from the show.

Definitely. Uber is great. Cheaper than cab and easy to use. And you know the identity and location of the driver in advance. Highly recommend. If you have never used, you can use the code below. You'll get your first ride (up to $20) for free.

luisg115

I will be at Fergs with my wife and son.

Awesome bro. We will all be wearing Rush shirts like everyone else. But my kid will be wearing a Fly By Night shirt. My wife will wearing her black ladies snakes and arrows shirt and I will be wearing my 1974-2112 black Rush baseball jersey.

Hard to miss a Rush family of three in that exact attire. If I don't see you but you see me...don't be shy...say hello and let's toast some Maltus!!!

So pumped......and I am totally unspoiled.

We'll be rocking these matching custom t-shirts our buddies daughter made, there is the Fly by Night owl with an R40 seal on the front, and our names + countries on the back. I'm about 6'5, hard to miss, can't wait to meet everyone! BY-TORonto, four of us are from Ottawa, be sure to say hello!

- Chris

Archived