2015 - 05/24 - Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15995 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

Godeater:  we need to meet up again.  This time I'm not working all day before the show.

Sponsored Post

#22 GW2

GW2

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

My apologies up front for this post.

I'm a big Rush fan living in Tampa that is currently unemployed.  If anyone has had someone do a good deed for them AND wants a way to pay it forward AND has an extra Rush ticket for the Tampa show AND would like to make a fellow Rush fan very happy, then please let me know.

I promise that when I get back on my feet I will pay this wonderful act forward to someone else in some way.  

I hate begging, and if this doesn't fit within the guidelines of the forum, then please delete the post.   Thanks.

#23 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

Th..th..THAT'S IT™ folks!!!

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 07 May 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

Godeater:  we need to meet up again.  This time I'm not working all day before the show.

Whooo-hooooooo! Hell yeah!!! Can't wait dude!!! :cheers:

#24 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2223 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostGodeater2112, on 26 April 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostTodem, on 17 February 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

This will be for my sons birthday (He turns 10 in March and has seen Rush 3 times already and met Geddy and Alex to boot). We will drive up Friday Morning, catch a Rays game vs the A's that night, go to another Ray's game Saturday afternoon and then the three of us will be at the show Sunday night.

Very pumped for this one (as well as Vegas)!

Cool that we're hitting the same two shows! I missed the boat on my usual Canadian dates because I'm in Europe that week.

T-MINUS TWENTY EIGHT DAYS!!! Starting to get excited!

Let's make sure we meet up in Vegas. Staying at the MGM....coming in Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. Tampa is the family show. We hitting a couple of Rays games (Friday and Saturday) then hitting the show Sunday night.

Can't wait!!!

#25 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostTodem, on 08 May 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

This will be for my sons birthday (He turns 10 in March and has seen Rush 3 times already and met Geddy and Alex to boot). We will drive up Friday Morning, catch a Rays game vs the A's that night, go to another Ray's game Saturday afternoon and then the three of us will be at the show Sunday night.

Cool that we're hitting the same two shows! I missed the boat on my usual Canadian dates because I'm in Europe that week.

Let's make sure we meet up in Vegas. Staying at the MGM....coming in Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. Tampa is the family show. We hitting a couple of Rays games (Friday and Saturday) then hitting the show Sunday night.

Can't wait!!!

Wicked, let's do that for sure, would be great to meet you!

We haven't even booked flights or accommodations for Vegas yet so we don't know where we'll be staying yet haha, Still dealing with $$$expenses from Tampa and also Hellfest in France in June! \m/

#26 Scottishdood

Scottishdood

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostGodeater2112, on 08 May 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostTodem, on 08 May 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

Can't wait!!!

Wicked, let's do that for sure, would be great to meet you!

We haven't even booked flights or accommodations for Vegas yet so we don't know where we'll be staying yet haha, Still dealing with $$$expenses from Tampa and also Hellfest in France in June! \m/
Now you dry them big Canadian eyes of yours there God...cos you know we are out to play in Tampa very very soon!!! #spendingafortuneonarushshow...bcostheyareworthit!

#27 Scottishdood

Scottishdood

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

Morocco IS a real country!

So come on...lets get a list going of who's all up for a pre show drinkie drink? Godeater and myself and a few others are starting Thursday 21st...seriously!!

#28 BY-TORonto

BY-TORonto

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

I fly in on Saturday from yyz, I'll be down for a (several) pre-show drink!

#29 30kwpa

30kwpa

The Seeker

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Pink Floyd and RUSH memorabilia, fireworks, North Carolina Tar Heels - ACC - college basketball, weird places - useless facts/trivia, recycling beer at the beach, collecting 70's junk and other weird stuff, frying things, building stuff - houses, porches, decks, structural repairs, etc., smelling things, dreams and dreaming, paranormal stuff, space shuttle missions

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

Looking for 2 tickets for Tampa.

#30 LaVillaSean

LaVillaSean

The Seeker

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:41 PM

Has a pre-show spot been decided on? There is Fergs and Hooters close to the venue. There is also Champions Sports Bar, which is quite nice, inside of the Marriott lobby area (across the street from the venue). Thoughts?

#31 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

Is it you?

Posted Image  Rush Backstage Club  @rushbackstage    ·     May 14  

Huge congrats to M&G contest winners: Scott in Houston, Stephen in New Orleans and Almet in Tampa!

#32 Kubla~Khan

Kubla~Khan

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy the Florida lifestyle, I own South Florida Marine Repair.
    I play Bass guitar in a Praise & Worship band every week. Usually around 1500 in attendance a weekend in a contemporary church.
    I'm married to the coolest woman in the world!
    I try to keep my life pretty simple. I usually begin my day with a morning bible devotional.

My Facebook: Randall Reed

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

Looks like a place called Trolley's is in close proximity of the concert, Here are a few other meeting spot close to the area.
  • Bennigan's
  • Bern's Steakhouse
  • Cafe' Dufrain
  • Columbia Restaurant
  • Tinatapa's
  • Valencia Garden Restauran
We will be there Sat & Sunday. Probably going to check out the Florida Aquaruim down the street sometime Sat. ~ Any suggestions? :smoke:

Edited by Kubla~Khan, 18 May 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#33 Zanadoo

Zanadoo

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1521 posts
  • Interests:News, Weather, Sports.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Anybody willing to help me get a hold of some green :smoke: ? Pre-show beer and joint sounds about right to me. PM me

#34 gonzalez97

gonzalez97

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

The best bet for a meet-up before the concert will be Ferg's. It is immediately across the street from Amelia arena. Has you typical bar food, alcohol, both indoor and outside seating as well as a live band from 4:00-7:30 (Scream Machine plays rock from 80s and 90s).

Both the indoor and outdoor areas are large and can accommodate big groups.

http://www.fergslive.com/

#35 30kwpa

30kwpa

The Seeker

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Pink Floyd and RUSH memorabilia, fireworks, North Carolina Tar Heels - ACC - college basketball, weird places - useless facts/trivia, recycling beer at the beach, collecting 70's junk and other weird stuff, frying things, building stuff - houses, porches, decks, structural repairs, etc., smelling things, dreams and dreaming, paranormal stuff, space shuttle missions

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

facebook meet-up group has Embassy Suites for pre-show get together. https://www.facebook...ype":"regular"}

#36 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:10 AM

Folks! Everyone I've spoken too, TRF and otherwise and many locals have all mentioned FERG's as a top destination so let's go ahead and plan on that!

My cell number is (SIX-ONE-THREE).608.8386, feel free to drop me a text if you're trying to locate the gang, the bar will be loud so better texting than calling.

Safe trips to all who are heading to Tampa from out of town, I leave from Ottawa in about 14 hours!

Cheers!

Chris

#37 GatorJ

GatorJ

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

NEED 1 Ticket on the floor...please let me know if anyone has an extra.

#38 cygnify

cygnify

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1411 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Astronomy, Family (not necessarily in that order)

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

There's been so many shows at the amphitheater, I forgot what parking is like at the Amelie.  Online it looks like a bunch of garages.  So, no tailgating / cookout?  Kinda bummed about that - CA tour we tailgated in style literally 100 yards from the venue, ate well and listened to Rush soundcheck with a good buzz.  It was surreal.  But I guess Fergs could be fun.

#39 -Q-

-Q-

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Rush, cars, rush, motorcycles, rush, fishing, rush, airplanes.....
    Did I mention Rush??

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

Mr And Mrs Q will be there! Fergs is the place?

#40 BY-TORonto

BY-TORonto

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

Flying in tomorrow, hope to be at Fergs as well. See y'all soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users