Amalie Arena

Meetup discussions here!

Sponsored Post

#2 briremo

briremo

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:skiing, golf, shooting sports but not hunting anymore, Martin Guitars

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

anyone have a spare ticket, let me know

#3 Scottishdood

Scottishdood

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

Well hello again Rush Forum!! Guess what? The Scottishdood/Godeater2112 bandwagon is rolling once again! Any ideas for pre show shenanigans in wonderful Tampa please let us know! We'd love to share a few cold beers with anyone in sunny Florida!

#4 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

Th..th..THAT'S IT™ folks!!!

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

Last trip was beyond amazing and the people were fantastic, cannot wait to do it all again!

I almost slept in a pool, was so drunk in a taxi I tried order from McDonalds drive-thru by reaching out the window and pressing the pictures on the menu, gave the Rush shirt off my back to a dude at the show and walked home half way naked and that's also when the quote in my signature was born.

Can't wait to do it all again!!!

#5 Scottishdood

Scottishdood

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Where are all the DooDs we met last time at the Holiday Inn and the crazy Beer and Wings joint close by? Make yourselves known people!! It's time to do it all again!!

#6 Scottishdood

Scottishdood

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:18 AM

Ancientways? Joenetaarctica? Where are you guys?

#7 Scott-Working-Man

Scott-Working-Man

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, Aerospace, Bigfoot, Aliens, Golf, vacations, reading, playing guitar, hanging at the beach, volleyball, geocacheing

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hattricks sports pub is nearby. Downtown has a few spots.  It would be cool to take over a spot for the day and jam some Rush before the show. Ybor city is probably the hottest hang out but far away from the arena. Would love to hear from some locals as to the best hangout spot before the show!

#8 Scott-Working-Man

Scott-Working-Man

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, Aerospace, Bigfoot, Aliens, Golf, vacations, reading, playing guitar, hanging at the beach, volleyball, geocacheing

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

Bueler Helilo anyone going to the Tampa show!!

#9 BY-TORonto

BY-TORonto

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:21 PM

Flying to Tampa from Toronto for this show, only date that worked with my schedule. FLRS 1 for me! Never been to Tampa, let's hangout!

#10 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2219 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

This will be for my sons birthday (He turns 10 in March and has seen Rush 3 times already and met Geddy and Alex to boot). We will drive up Friday Morning, catch a Rays game vs the A's that night, go to another Ray's game Saturday afternoon and then the three of us will be at the show Sunday night.

Very pumped for this one (as well as Vegas)!

#11 briremo

briremo

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:skiing, golf, shooting sports but not hunting anymore, Martin Guitars

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

if anyone has a ticket let me know....otherwise I'll be trolling the parking lot. but will def hit the meetup

#12 OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2112 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

This is the only show I'm even considering (as I live in Florida) but there is a very good chance I might not see them on this tour....The last ever???!!!!

As we all know tickets are criminally expensive, I really can't afford the price for a good seat but if I had to I could come up with a way to get one.

What it boils down to is that I just don't WANT to pay that much for a good ticket. It's f'n insane these prices.

#13 BY-TORonto

BY-TORonto

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

I went through Stubhub and ended up paying about $250 for a floor seat.. It's absolutely crazy, I remember thinking $150 was outrageous for a Rush ticket years ago. But they are by far my favourite band, their 'last' tour, and there is NOTHING in the world I would rather spend my money on.

Work some overtime, skip the restaurants for a few weeks, be sober for a month... its really easy to save a couple hundred bucks. And when you're in that awesome seat seeing your fav band, you will have NO regrets. Wouldn't be the same if you were sitting on the couch at home while they were playing in your home State, guaranteed you'd be kicking yourself in the ass.

JUST GO FOR IT!!!

#14 Scottishdood

Scottishdood

The Seeker

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

So.....24th May eh?? Isn't that the date that...Everyone would gather..........sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display!!
They wouldn't dare play it....would they??

#15 zac2112

zac2112

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Women with long legs, The quest for my first hole in one, History, Politics, Sports, Music, and the worlds best Vodkas.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

To all Tampa attendees: The show this year is at the arena where the TB Lightning play. The venue is Downtown, and a new bar right across the street called Fergs just opened. Its quite large, has a couple large outdoor decks, also a couple blocks down the street is a Hooters. Cant go wrong with either to meet up.

#16 LaVillaSean

LaVillaSean

The Seeker

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

I will be up there there at the end of this week for work and am staying for 98 Rockfest Friday night. I will scout the area, but as someone alluded to, there are a few places within a stone's throw, including hooters and other Channelside establishments

#17 LaVillaSean

LaVillaSean

The Seeker

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostScottishdood, on 16 April 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

So.....24th May eh?? Isn't that the date that...Everyone would gather..........sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display!!
They wouldn't dare play it....would they??

Did we meet on the TM tour in 2010 before the show at Duffy's just west of the venue in West Palm? I was with a crew of 7-8 people. If so, renewed beinvenidos. If not, see you in Tampa. I will be there, wherever the meeting spot is

#18 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

Th..th..THAT'S IT™ folks!!!

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostTodem, on 17 February 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

This will be for my sons birthday (He turns 10 in March and has seen Rush 3 times already and met Geddy and Alex to boot). We will drive up Friday Morning, catch a Rays game vs the A's that night, go to another Ray's game Saturday afternoon and then the three of us will be at the show Sunday night.

Very pumped for this one (as well as Vegas)!

Cool that we're hitting the same two shows! I missed the boat on my usual Canadian dates because I'm in Europe that week.

T-MINUS TWENTY EIGHT DAYS!!! Starting to get excited!

#19 Kubla~Khan

Kubla~Khan

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy the Florida lifestyle, I own South Florida Marine Repair.
    I play Bass guitar in a Praise & Worship band every week. Usually around 1500 in attendance a weekend in a contemporary church.
    I'm married to the coolest woman in the world!
    I try to keep my life pretty simple. I usually begin my day with a morning bible devotional.

My Facebook: Randall Reed

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

My wife and I will staying at the Embassy Suites not far from the venue. Two day stay. Let's here where everyone's hanging out!

#20 Grymwish

Grymwish

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:www.Grymwish.com

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Hey,

Anyone interested in splitting a broker pair up close?  

PM me or email me at mark@grymwish.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users