Jump to content


2015 - 05/08 – Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center


  • Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#241 Justin Case

Justin Case

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey City, NJ

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:38 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 07 May 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

View PostJustin Case, on 07 May 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

Just came up to my room from the hotel bar.  LOTS of Rush fans...as could be expected.  Good times!!!
Are you at the bar now?

I was until a few minutes ago...back in my room now


View PostSnaked, on 08 May 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

Just got back to my room.
What a great night.

And to think tomorrow will be even better!!


Yep...What he said!!

Sponsored Post

#242 apetersvt

apetersvt

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3426 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:02 AM

Have fun tonight everyone.  Wish I were there.

#243 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

    Freightdreamliner

  • Members *
  • 8725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aiken, SC, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
  • Interests:Empathy.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Lucky Bastards!  Somebody gets to see Rush.  TONIGHT!  The anticipation is killing me and I'm 1000 miles away!

Have fun y'all!

#244 bigalfan

bigalfan

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1312 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma City, OK
  • Interests:Theology, Apologetics, Hiking, Guitar, Bicycling (road), Music, Hangin' out with my wife

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

View Postapetersvt, on 08 May 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

Have fun tonight everyone.  Wish I were there.
Everybody Wang Chug tonight! We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.

#245 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

Hi everyone in Tulsa...ENJOY THE SHOW! (Wife actually said last note I should have flown out...gee thanks!)

Someone had a great idea on the forum...crowd sing The Sphere during the encore break. THAT WOULD BE COOL !

#246 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

I Just arrived at my hotel in Tulsa.  There was a big banner at the airport announcing the Rush tour opening night.  And the cabbie asked me if I was in town for the concert; apparently there are a lot of out-of-towers here!  This hotel is booked up, and there are a lot of people wearing Rush shirts wandering around.  Wheeeee!

Tulsa is odd.  It's supposed to be a reasonably-sized city, but it seems deserted.  And this hotel (next to the BOK Center) is some odd 60s-ish concrete structure.  Oh well, I'm not here for the scenery, just the band.



#247 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 08 May 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

I Just arrived at my hotel in Tulsa.  There was a big banner at the airport announcing the Rush tour opening night.  And the cabbie asked me if I was in town for the concert; apparently there are a lot of out-of-towers here!  This hotel is booked up, and there are a lot of people wearing Rush shirts wandering around.  Wheeeee!

Tulsa is odd.  It's supposed to be a reasonably-sized city, but it seems deserted.  And this hotel (next to the BOK Center) is some odd 60s-ish concrete structure.  Oh well, I'm not here for the scenery, just the band.
Dang. I didn't even know you were going. Congrats... :cheers:

#248 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23407 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

Downtown is just a few blocks away. The hotel used to be the federal building back in the day,

#249 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 08 May 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hi everyone in Tulsa...ENJOY THE SHOW! (Wife actually said last note I should have flown out...gee thanks!)

Someone had a great idea on the forum...crowd sing The Sphere during the encore break. THAT WOULD BE COOL !

That would be wonderful.

#250 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 May 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 08 May 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hi everyone in Tulsa...ENJOY THE SHOW! (Wife actually said last note I should have flown out...gee thanks!)

Someone had a great idea on the forum...crowd sing The Sphere during the encore break. THAT WOULD BE COOL !

That would be wonderful.

I wish that I recall who had that idea to sing The Sphere during the encore break. Of all the ideas, kimonos??...The Sphere in unison by the crowd would be awe inspiring.

I have chills thinkin of it. Hope it catches on!

#251 pfrushfan0122

pfrushfan0122

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 263 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

We finally made it to Tulsa!! After 1300 miles of travelling from Worcester, Massachussetts to Tulsa, we're exhausted but still kicking!! Can't wait for the show in just under 4 hours!!!

#252 Aikenrooster

Aikenrooster

    Freightdreamliner

  • Members *
  • 8725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aiken, SC, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
  • Interests:Empathy.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

Less than 2 hours now

#253 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 08 May 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 08 May 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 08 May 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hi everyone in Tulsa...ENJOY THE SHOW! (Wife actually said last note I should have flown out...gee thanks!)

Someone had a great idea on the forum...crowd sing The Sphere during the encore break. THAT WOULD BE COOL !

That would be wonderful.

I wish that I recall who had that idea to sing The Sphere during the encore break. Of all the ideas, kimonos??...The Sphere in unison by the crowd would be awe inspiring.

I have chills thinkin of it. Hope it catches on!

Me too.

What each audience SHOULD do, especially since this might be the end, is to keep Rush on stage at the end while everyone in the audience sings it.

It's a perfect ending.

#254 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23407 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

Half time, looks like Big Money didn't make the cut. Still thrilled and smiling!

#255 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23407 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

Well 70's fans you got your show!

#256 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23407 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

The intro video was funny Tai Shan a big laugh. They open with a Twice Man, Once a Boy from Moist then go into Clockwork Angels. With each song they go back in time blowing off the late 80's. Set two is the 70's orgasm. Fun trivial stuff is the set gets destructed going back in time, by the encore the set up is garage band.  

Xanadu, the double Rick is back and a joy to watch Geddy play. His vocals were 3/5 stars. I swear Neil smiled once.

#257 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23407 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

Meeting players from the SOCN sub forum was good fun.

#258 Justin Case

Justin Case

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey City, NJ

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

With the exception of Snaked, if I bumped into anyone from this forum, I'm not aware of it.  Met tons of folks from all over, though.  Great couple evenings in Tulsa.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users