2015 - 06/12 - Chicago, IL @ United Center

theredtamasrule

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, this is where me and my friends shall be attending. Will be my first time at the United Center. Can't freakin' wait!

I'll be there, section 1 row 4!

I was at the UC for the bulls game yesterday, they kept showing R40 promos on the displays throughout the arena. Got me all excited!

i'll be at this one for sure, still gotta get my tickets though!! i need good floor seats this time though... for the CA tour, i was on the 300 level and I was the only one in my section standing....

but who else was at the show at First Midwest in Tinley Park where Daniel Carcillo brought the Stanley Cup!!! GO HAWKS

Got my tickets today. Got them for face value off Ticketmaster, which makes me somewhat happy. Nosebleeds all the way, but who cares? First Rush concert here I come :D!

Nosebleed seats here, too! Who cares? I'm happy to be going and only paid face value.

Any suggestions on good places to eat near there? I know Greektown is nearby but I would love to hear suggestions from others who know the area a bit bitter. It has been a while since I have visited the area for something other than a concert.

A lot of people will tell you the acoustics stink and they are probably right . . . it is a sporting arena after all. One thing I will tell you . . . it is LOUD!

Nosebleed seats here, too! Who cares? I'm happy to be going and only paid face value.

Any suggestions on good places to eat near there? I know Greektown is nearby but I would love to hear suggestions from others who know the area a bit bitter. It has been a while since I have visited the area for something other than a concert.

A lot of people will tell you the acoustics stink and they are probably right . . . it is a sporting arena after all. One thing I will tell you . . . it is LOUD!

My mom has told me stories about attending concerts at the UC when it was the Rosemont back in da day. According to her, back then the acoustics were pretty bad because the building was situated in a circular manner which caused the sound to literally hit on the back wall and then bounce back at the audience. Might have remodeled a bit since then though.

My mom has told me stories about attending concerts at the UC when it was the Rosemont back in da day. According to her, back then the acoustics were pretty bad because the building was situated in a circular manner which caused the sound to literally hit on the back wall and then bounce back at the audience. Might have remodeled a bit since then though.

The Rosemont Horizon is now the Allstate Arena. Two different places.

Not sure how good the acoustics are, but like some others have said, it will be loud for sure. :)

The Rosemont Horizon is now the Allstate Arena. Two different places.

Not sure how good the acoustics are, but like some others have said, it will be loud for sure. :)

My mistake, but to my credit, it was a bunch of friends that told me "Oh yeah, the UC is the old Rosemont", lol.

There are options for food on Madison just east of the Arena. I saw them here last tour and there was a meetup somewhere on Madison that had decent food but don't remember the name of the place. The Billy Goat Tavern is nearby so you cab stop by there and grab a good burger. It doesn't have the ambiance or history that the one in downtown has but the food's the same.

Maybe someone from Chicago can tell us where a good meetup near the venue is. Within walking distance. Good food. Strong drinks. And a jukebox that plays LOUD!

WestEnd on Madison is a good option for food and drinks that is close. They actually have shuttles to the UC before and after Bulls and Hawks games, I wonder if they do that for concerts as well?

I also like Haymarket. Still in the West Loop, but a bit further (Randolph and Halsted). There's actually a lot of good places around there.

WestEnd on Madison is a good option for food and drinks that is close. They actually have shuttles to the UC before and after Bulls and Hawks games, I wonder if they do that for concerts as well?

They do, my wife and I went there before the Paul Simon / Sting concert. Great shuttle service. Bring change for the parking structure across the street. The auto pay machines do not give change :)

Anyone want to split a Platinum pair with me?

I could not resist the temptation.... and bought two seats in Section 113, row 2 on Ticketbastard for $525 each. I'll be going and am looking for someone who wants the other seat. PM me if interested.

Thanks!

—Jason

Archived