2015 - 06/12 - Chicago, IL @ United Center

theredtamasrule

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday, June 12, 2015

Chicago, IL

United Center

Alright bitches, it's on for Chicago. Anyone else planning on going?

Got my tickets on Monday. I'll be in section 214. :haz:

Nosebleed seats here, too! Who cares? I'm happy to be going and only paid face value.

Any suggestions on good places to eat near there? I know Greektown is nearby but I would love to hear suggestions from others who know the area a bit bitter. It has been a while since I have visited the area for something other than a concert.

A lot of people will tell you the acoustics stink and they are probably right . . . it is a sporting arena after all. One thing I will tell you . . . it is LOUD!

My mom has told me stories about attending concerts at the UC when it was the Rosemont back in da day. According to her, back then the acoustics were pretty bad because the building was situated in a circular manner which caused the sound to literally hit on the back wall and then bounce back at the audience. Might have remodeled a bit since then though.

The Rosemont Horizon is now the Allstate Arena. Two different places.

Not sure how good the acoustics are, but like some others have said, it will be loud for sure. :)

The Allstate is much smaller than the UC.

UC acoustics are OK for an indoor venue designed for hockey. I've seen Rush there twice (and at the Allstate twice, for those of you scoring at home). I would have preferred they played 1st Midwest Bank or somewhere outside. :(

There is a pre-show gathering starting at 3pm at:

The Beer Bistro

1061 W Madison St

Chicago IL 60607

This will include the raffle of a few RUSH trinkets as well as the signing of a huge banner that will be presented to the band.

Information is on Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1440416052923761/

Whoever is coming to the show, hope to see you there! :rush: :haz:

^^Sounds great! Me and my friend will try to make it for this. What usually happens at these?

^^Sounds great! Me and my friend will try to make it for this. What usually happens at these?

Don't know, as I haven't been to one myself, but I would think it's fans gathering to meet up, hang out, and grab some eats before the show. The fact that we are getting the raffle and signing the banner is an extra bonus. :)

Xanadu, you forgot the best parts of any Rush meetup - inexplicable nudity, squirrel toss, and airing of (setlist) grievances.

Oh yeah....don't forget Rush karaoke in Spanish! Ole! :whipgirl:

The Beer Bistro

1061 W Madison St

Chicago IL 60607

This will include the raffle of a few RUSH trinkets as well as the signing of a huge banner that will be presented to the band.

https://www.facebook...40416052923761/

Can you cut/paste the main info for those of us that don't have facebook?

Thanks

The Beer Bistro

1061 W Madison St

Chicago IL 60607

https://www.facebook...40416052923761/

Can you cut/paste the main info for those of us that don't have facebook?

Thanks

Friday, June 12 at 3:00pm - 6:00pm

The Beer Bistro

1061 W Madison St, Chicago, Illinois 60607

Come join the fun of good eats, beverages and great company. We'll be raffling off some RUSH items including a copy of all 13 discs of my semi-famous RUSH ALPHABETICAL SETLIST! All proceeds will go to the charity Overtime Angels. Raffle tickets will cost 2 for $10.01 (The Body Electric) or 5 for $21.12). There will also be a banner for everyone to sign so we can say thank you to DA BOYYZ! I've made arrangements to get it to them.

Nosebleed seats here, too! Who cares? I'm happy to be going and only paid face value.

Any suggestions on good places to eat near there? I know Greektown is nearby but I would love to hear suggestions from others who know the area a bit bitter. It has been a while since I have visited the area for something other than a concert.

A lot of people will tell you the acoustics stink and they are probably right . . . it is a sporting arena after all. One thing I will tell you . . . it is LOUD!

My mom has told me stories about attending concerts at the UC when it was the Rosemont back in da day. According to her, back then the acoustics were pretty bad because the building was situated in a circular manner which caused the sound to literally hit on the back wall and then bounce back at the audience. Might have remodeled a bit since then though.

two totally different buildings in different cities. and the horizon still sounds better than the UC

NEED ONE TICKET, had a major disaster in my life when tix went on sale. If anyone on here knows someone who wants to get rid of ONE let me know.

Please and thank you!

Archived