Did you get tickets?

LedRush

I'm am more concerned about StubHub. How are they getting these tickets that they turn around and sell to desperate fans for thousands of dollars? These tickets are gone before presale begins. Who is buying them up and/or giving them to StubHub so that they can charge $5,000 for an $199 first row seat at Madison Square Garden?

Stubhub isn't the villain here. The company only takes a percentage of the seller's asking price. The real villain is the person who got the tickets ahead of everyone else. Whoever has the tickets can ask any price they want. It's up to the buyers to refrain from paying those obscene prices.

If no one buys, then the prices will fall.

Exactly.

The week leading up to the show you can probably get those same seats for $200-$300 or so each if they're still for sale. I really don't see why someone would pay $5,000 per ticket and I don't understand how the ticket seller thinks they could get that much for it? I guess some folks are willing to pay that much otherwise I don't think the sellers would be asking for that kind of money.

I'm am more concerned about StubHub. How are they getting these tickets that they turn around and sell to desperate fans for thousands of dollars? These tickets are gone before presale begins. Who is buying them up and/or giving them to StubHub so that they can charge $5,000 for an $199 first row seat at Madison Square Garden?

Stubhub isn't the villain here. The company only takes a percentage of the seller's asking price. The real villain is the person who got the tickets ahead of everyone else. Whoever has the tickets can ask any price they want. It's up to the buyers to refrain from paying those obscene prices.

If no one buys, then the prices will fall.

I agree with what you are saying, but as I posted in #145 of this thread, Toronto tickets are not yet for sale to the public, but StubHub is already selling tickets to the Toronto show. How is that possible?

In my dreams, I would force anyone who buys a ticket with a credit card to show the ticket and the credit card together to get into the concert - no exceptions... the only way true fans were the ones seeing Rush. just my opinion. scan the ticket and the credit card together, if there's a match, in you go. bye bye scalpers and greedy b@$stards.

• Like 3

i just want to be able to sit in the first 15 rows for the Chicago show without having to pay over $250. If I can snag a couple in the next couple days I'd be ecstatic Edited by AstrosJake

i just want to be able to sit in the first 15 rows for the Chicago show without having to pay over $250. If I can snag a couple in the next couple days I'd be ecstatic

That might be tough.I snagged 17th row last Friday and it still was almost $400 with fees included for two.

Toronto tickets are not yet for sale to the public, but StubHub is already selling tickets to the Toronto show. How is that possible?

This is what I have been asking since last Thursday and no one has answered.

Someone is either giving or selling the tickets to Stub beforehand and probably getting a kickback from the sale of them. But who?

Edited by Lorraine

Toronto tickets are not yet for sale to the public, but StubHub is already selling tickets to the Toronto show. How is that possible?

This is what I have been asking since last Thursday and no one has answered.

Someone is either giving or selling the tickets to Stub beforehand and probably getting a kickback from the sale of them. But who?

I saw that you had asked that, but I don't think anyone knows. It does make you wonder if they're real tickets.

i just want to be able to sit in the first 15 rows for the Chicago show without having to pay over $250. If I can snag a couple in the next couple days I'd be ecstatic

That might be tough.I snagged 17th row last Friday and it still was almost $400 with fees included for two.

well they're around $300 right now on StubHub for rows 20-25. there are 2 up there on Geddy's side, row 22 for around $290. Hopefully once the public sale goes Friday it'll flood the market and i can snag some

well they're around $300 right now on StubHub for rows 20-25. there are 2 up there on Geddy's side, row 22 for around $290. Hopefully once the public sale goes Friday it'll flood the market and i can snag some

That only makes economic sense. It's supply and demand.

I'm monitoring the secondary market for Newark because I can't afford (2 kids in college & a 3rd heading in the fall) presale or on sale. I'm looking at April or May before I can consider it.

The cheapest on Stub Hub on Safurday was $200. Instinct is to panic especially with the weight of missing out on presale. Three days later, there are seats for $99.

The more tickets in the market, the cheaper they will be. IF otbers can resist the ridiculously higher prices, then the rest of us will benefit down the road.

That only makes economic sense. It's supply and demand.

I'm monitoring the secondary market for Newark because I can't afford (2 kids in college & a 3rd heading in the fall) presale or on sale. I'm looking at April or May before I can consider it.

The cheapest on Stub Hub on Safurday was $200. Instinct is to panic especially with the weight of missing out on presale. Three days later, there are seats for $99.

The more tickets in the market, the cheaper they will be. IF otbers can resist the ridiculously higher prices, then the rest of us will benefit down the road.

exactly. however, $190 is a fair price for good floor seats and i'm hoping I can just get it from the mobile sale thursday

I paid hefty but at least I don't have to worry about it now. I was getting nothing on the Citi-presale but then saw the Platinum come up for availability. I am seeing the show in San Jose California at the SAP Center. I got second row in section one which is on Geddy's side 475.00. Considering this could be the last time I threw caution (and my money) to the wind.

First thing I need to do is find out if my neighbors want to go, and then I'll figure it out from there.

I think after some research I have figured out how Stub Hub gets their tickets on sale before the actual sales. Truth is, every concert does not have every single ticket available to the general public.

When a venue is booked, seats are set aside for various people. Rush first takes a portion for friends, family, and promotional purposes (concert reviewers), then the venue takes enough tickets for their staff members, not all, but most staff receive tickets to shows at a venue, even though most of them are working during the concert, they are intended for family members and friends, only occasionally for the staff themselves (They probably could see 10 hockey games and 3 or so concerts a year).

From there a fraction of tickets is set aside for the VIP packages, a fraction is given to the fan presale, a fraction is given to citicard members, and the remainder (plus what is not sold from the previous presales) goes up on the general sale.

The Stubhub tickets come from all those people who receive tickets before any of them are sold, mostly staff members looking for some serious dough, and the promotional extra tickets (reviewers probably get a group of tickets, but only need a few)

• Like 2

I just found this question twice in yahoo answers by goggling "how does stubhub have tickets listed before tbey go on sale?"

Twice, people alleging to be Stubhub executives replied. Essentially, apart from blaming it on presales, they mention that people who have season tickets in the venue may have access to concert tickets as well and these are what you seeing up for sale before the sale date.

I'm not buying it but I'm willing to consider it. So, if anyone here has a friend who is a season ticket holder to a sporting team (hockey, basketball), please ask them if having access to team events also gives them access to concert events.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20100323204404AAPGIGX

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120304183956AAzhKdv

Edited by dtpoet
  • Like 2

I got mine on the Citi pre-sale yesterday. Currently, through TM the following are available as resale tickets:

Sec 1 Row 21 $316ea for 2

Sec 1 Row 25 $284ea for 2

Sec 3 Row 18 $285ea for 2

So those aren't too outrageous. The non-resale tickets are currently gone in the front 3 floor sections except for one ticket. Of course, more may open up later.

I got row 21, seat 12 and damn proud of it. :haz: :haz: :haz: