Poll: Will the tour announcement bring sanity?

WorkingAllTheTime

Will the tour announcement bring sanity to TRF?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will the tour annoucement bring sanity to TRF?

• Yes. It is akin to a heavy dose of Prozac for all members.
    • No. It will probably only make us more neurotic(a).... ooo,ooowooo, ooo, ooo.
    • Depends. If you stay away from the set list prediction threads, you will probably only need mild therapy.
    • Never. Sanity will never exist in TRF as long as SOCN exists. That place is freaking Thunderdome.

As everyone here already knows, I have dial up, and it took forever for Ticketmaster to load on my computer. I am shocked (but I shouldn't be) to see the advantage taken of every opportunity to make a fast buck.

Yes, while you are looking through the tour dates and deciding what to do, you can purchase some Rush itunes. :unsure: As if all of us don't already have these albums. :wacko:

I like the old days better, when all we had to do was walk up to the Fillmore East, or Madison Square Garden, ticket window and buy a ticket.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

As everyone here already knows, I have dial up, and it took forever for Ticketmaster to load on my computer. I am shocked (but I shouldn't be) to see the advantage taken of every opportunity to make a fast buck.

Yes, while you are looking through the tour dates and deciding what to do, you can purchase some Rush itunes. :unsure: As if all of us don't already have these albums. :wacko:

I like the old days better, when all we had to do was walk up to the Fillmore East, or Madison Square Garden, ticket window and buy a ticket.

Preach it, sister. Just last night, I was telling one of my children tales of walking up to the ticket booth at the old St. Louis Arena and/or Kiel Auditorium to get a ticket. Or.... <gasp>.... waiting in line at a local record store (anyone remember those?) to get a line ticket or buy tickets for the a show because the record stores were the only ones connected to the Ticketmaster system outside of the venue. One of the happiest moments in my life was when I scored the #4 line ticket for The Who's "The Kids Are Still Alright" reunion stop at the old Busch Stadium in St. Louis. When word got around that I had the #4 ticket in the freaking city I got suddenly very popular with the ladies... as I should... I ended up with tickets third row center (they told me the first two rows went to radio stations). But I still got off my arse, waited in line, and paid with cash.... unlike today when I stayed on the couch in my boxers, sipped on coffee, and bought electronic tickets that were emailed to me.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

Maybe someone here can explain to me the Lincoln, Nebraska date. I'm still trying to figure that one out.....

Not entirely sure and definitely not in the know, but I would bet it has something to do with venue availability in Kansas City area. Logically, they would probably prefer to play the Sprint Center in KC for the May 10 date (they seem to be very set on a routine of every other day for their shows with a longer periodic break). If the Spirit Center could not work that out, they would look for nearby cities after Tulsa, which there really aren't any without throwing the tour routine way off. That said, Lincoln is a nice landing point because it is a college town with a quality venue and they know they will draw from the tri-state area.

Similarly, I am 99.2112% sure the reason they are playing Tulsa instead of the Ford Center in OKC is because of venue availability. May is NBA playoff season. The OKC Thunder are pretty good. Those dates are blocked. The same issue likely forced the move of the May 16 date from the more preferred San Antonio location to Austin as the Spurs have dates locked up on the AT&T Center in May (and will throughout the summer because the building is getting a remodel and all SA concerts this summer will end up at the Alamdodome).

Preach it, sister. Just last night, I was telling one of my children tales of walking up to the ticket booth at the old St. Louis Arena and/or Kiel Auditorium to get a ticket. Or.... <gasp>.... waiting in line at a local record store (anyone remember those?) to get a line ticket or buy tickets for the a show because the record stores were the only ones connected to the Ticketmaster system outside of the venue. One of the happiest moments in my life was when I scored the #4 line ticket for The Who's "The Kids Are Still Alright" reunion stop at the old Busch Stadium in St. Louis. When word got around that I had the #4 ticket in the freaking city I got suddenly very popular with the ladies... as I should... I ended up with tickets third row center (they told me the first two rows went to radio stations). But I still got off my arse, waited in line, and paid with cash.... unlike today when I stayed on the couch in my boxers, sipped on coffee, and bought electronic tickets that were emailed to me.

Indeed I do remember the local record stores. I was one of their best customers. :)

And I remember when Ticketmaster started and we could go into select record stores to purchase tickets. I think the first time I did that was in 1977 to see Elton John at MSG. I went during my lunch hour and stood in line. That took up almost the entire hour and I had to leave before getting my ticket. One of the employees at the store offered to get the ticket for me. I actually handed him my twenty dollars and left. When I got back to the office and told someone that I worked with what I did, he thought I was crazy to trust the person. So, after work, he went with me back to the record store all prepared to punch the guy out when, lo and behold, the nice man handed me my Elton John tickets. And this was, believe it or not, Manhattan! Oh, those were the days! :laughing guy:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I am shocked (but I shouldn't be) to see the advantage taken of every opportunity to make a fast buck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/Geddygal1/Geddy/geddywinecellar1a.jpg

Does this look like a guy that cares about money?

• Like 1

I am shocked (but I shouldn't be) to see the advantage taken of every opportunity to make a fast buck.

Cares about.... or worries about? Two different things.

That said, I don't necessarily fault the band for ticket prices. It would be one thing if only their ticket cost was astronomical, but that's the industry these days. There are a *lot* of people making money off the shows.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

Cares about.... or worries about? Two different things.

That said, I don't necessarily fault the band for ticket prices. It would be one thing if only their ticket cost was astronomical, but that's the industry these days. There are a *lot* of people making money off the shows.

No money in sales tehse days. All in the touring.

Goose, I know. My husband and I were talking about this last night. There's more I want to say, but you know the lay of the land here. :)