How Will the NFL Punish the Patriots

LedRush

5 members have voted

1. 1. In the scenario outlined below, how should the Patriots be punished?

• A fine of 25,000, as the rule states, for the team or coach
    • A very large fine for the team or coach
    • Large Fine and loss of a low draft pick
    • Large Fine and loss of a high draft pick
    • Large Fine and loss of multiple draft picks
    • Large Fine and short suspension of Belichick
    • Large Fine and a 1 year suspension of Belichick
    • Large Fine, loss of draft pick(s) and a short suspension of Belichick
    • Large Fine, loss of draft pick(s) and a long suspension of Belichick
  2. 2. In the scenario outlined below, how should the Patriots be punished?

• A fine of 25,000, as the rule states, for the team or coach
    • A very large fine for the team or coach
    • Large Fine and loss of a low draft pick
    • Large Fine and loss of a high draft pick
    • Large Fine and loss of multiple draft picks
    • Large Fine and short suspension of Belichick
    • Large Fine and a 1 year suspension of Belichick
    • Large Fine, loss of draft pick(s) and a short suspension of Belichick
    • Large Fine, loss of draft pick(s) and a long suspension of Belichick
    • Goodell will perform fallatio on Kraft and apologize for allowing word of the investigation to leak

Jerry Rice admitted he used stickum.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

No, I'm not saying "everyone does it." I am saying that this admission illustrates why the "deflategate" allegations were the biggest story in America, and why the greatest receiver in history admitting he cheated in a way that inarguably affected performance wasn't a blip on the radar.

Jerry Rice isn't Bill Belichick.

I guess you haven't been listening to sports radio. They were killing Rice for a week. But the hype of a current participant in a super bowl yet again cheating in the 2 weeks before the super bowl is quite obviously going to be greater than for a long retired player admitting to cheating in the offseason.

I listen quite a bit. And I watch ESPN too. Didn't hear 1/10 of the coverage "deflategate" got. I just checked the OLV main page, I don't see any threads about it.

"Long retired player." Hilarious. He's inarguably the greatest receiver ever. He admitted he cheated. The NFL and several useful idiots are slowly walking away from the allegations that led to "deflategate."

Like I've said, "deflategate" served its purpose. Your post above this is proof of it

Unless the purpose was to fill in the two weeks before the Super Bowl, I think that you are off your rocker.

I can pretty much guarantee neither one of you is going to "win" the argument. LED, why do you give such a big shit about this? RnB is a Patriots fan, and even if this was happening to the Bears or Vikings, I would not put as much effort into this whole thing as you have been doing. You're fighting a battle you will never win.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

No, I'm not saying "everyone does it." I am saying that this admission illustrates why the "deflategate" allegations were the biggest story in America, and why the greatest receiver in history admitting he cheated in a way that inarguably affected performance wasn't a blip on the radar.

I guess you haven't been listening to sports radio. They were killing Rice for a week. But the hype of a current participant in a super bowl yet again cheating in the 2 weeks before the super bowl is quite obviously going to be greater than for a long retired player admitting to cheating in the offseason.

I listen quite a bit. And I watch ESPN too. Didn't hear 1/10 of the coverage "deflategate" got. I just checked the OLV main page, I don't see any threads about it.

"Long retired player." Hilarious. He's inarguably the greatest receiver ever. He admitted he cheated. The NFL and several useful idiots are slowly walking away from the allegations that led to "deflategate."

Like I've said, "deflategate" served its purpose. Your post above this is proof of it

Unless the purpose was to fill in the two weeks before the Super Bowl, I think that you are off your rocker.

I can pretty much guarantee neither one of you is going to "win" the argument. LED, why do you give such a big shit about this? RnB is a Patriots fan, and even if this was happening to the Bears or Vikings, I would not put as much effort into this whole thing as you have been doing. You're fighting a battle you will never win.

Sometimes it's just fun to see how far someone's willing to go to defend the indefensible.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

The purpose was to allow people to say things like the Patriots got caught cheating "yet again." Never mind the fact that most sensible people understand that they never got caught cheating once, there is the minor problem of there being no real evidence they did anything wrong here.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Sometimes it's just fun to see how far someone's willing to go to defend the indefensible.

Or troll.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

you're mean. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

Yep. Reb would be proud of your efforts. :)

Hello?

Is this thing on?

He cares because it gives him an opportunity to criticize the Patriots.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

Actually - until the "investigation" is complete - you guys are actually trolling him. In America, I believe you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. There is no proof either way, simply conjecture.
  • Like 1

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

He'd be envious of yours. ;)

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

He'd be envious of yours. ;)

Well, considering he's envious of anyone and anything, that's not saying a lot.

• Like 1

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

Actually - until the "investigation" is complete - you guys are actually trolling him. In America, I believe you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. There is no proof either way, simply conjecture.

That's the standard? On an internet forum? Who knew?

Hope there aren't any threads in SOCN that would violate that standard. No comments about Tsarnaev or anything.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

I find the lack of critical thinking quite frustrating. It's like with Reb where you think, "if I just present the facts in this way, he'll have to acknowledge the point." Unfortunately, it took me a long, long time to realize that the points don't matter with him, just the conclusion. With Reb N. Backer, it has taken less time, but still more than it should have.

Edited by LedRush

Hello?

Is this thing on?

I find the lack of critical thinking quite frustrating. It's like with Reb where you think, "if I just present the facts in this way, he'll have to acknowledge the point." Unfortunately, it took me a long, long time to realize that the points don't matter with him, just the conclusion. With Reb N. Backer, it has taken less time, but still more than it should have.

Refresh my recollection. How many different people have made the point that you won't admit you're wrong, even when it's obvious to everyone, including you?

If you find a lack of critical thinking frustrating, you have the power to change that. Just make a conscious effort to engage in some.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

LR's aware he's a troll. He just thinks that no one else is.

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

From the hypocritical liar who posts like this: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/91535-miami-dolphins-official-thread-2015-16-marino-expects/

The troll is obvious.

Well, I see everyone is STILL having fun with this shrinkage crap. I gather its the off season now and there's not much else bitch about so as you were.
  • Like 1

Well, I see everyone is STILL having fun with this shrinkage crap. I gather its the off season now and there's not much else bitch about so as you were.

The worst time of the year is the day after the Super Bowl.

The combine is Friday so the year begins again

Hello?

Is this thing on?

Or troll.

From the hypocritical liar who posts like this: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/91535-miami-dolphins-official-thread-2015-16-marino-expects/

The troll is obvious.

So sayeth the board's most disingenuous poster.

Nice use of double irony.

Now 11 of 12 balls were under inflated by "one to two pounds" and a Patriot staffer tried to introduce an unapproved ball into the game, which was at least part of the reason the balls were tested at half time.

Let the trolls continue their equivocations, finger pointing, denials, false equivalencies and simple illogical meanderings.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12340408/new-england-patriots-employee-gave-unapproved-ball-official-lines-reports

Now 11 of 12 balls were under inflated by "one to two pounds" and a Patriot staffer tried to introduce an unapproved ball into the game, which was at least part of the reason the balls were tested at half time.

Let the trolls continue their equivocations, finger pointing, denials, false equivalencies and simple illogical meanderings.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12340408/new-england-patriots-employee-gave-unapproved-ball-official-lines-reports

The trolls are doing well and so are you.

http://espn.go.com/e...l-lines-reports

Well, I guess if you're going to be one, you might as well be a useful one:

http://www.csnne.com...flategate-quest

A decision has been made....

There will be 4 trials the Pats will endure:

Crossing the Desert.

The Unblinking Eye.

Wreck of the Hesperus.

And the final ordeal: The Paddling of the Swollen Ass, with paddles.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m20j17pBKl1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Crossing the Desert.

The Unblinking Eye.

Wreck of the Hesperus.

They've gotten out of this foolish "scandal" what they wanted to get out of it already.

Edited by Rick N. Backer

Crossing the Desert.

The Unblinking Eye.

Wreck of the Hesperus.

They've gotten out of this foolish "scandal" what they wanted to get out of it already.

I know that Goodell is a sheath to Mr. Kraft's sword, but I don't think he manufactured this just to ensure that the Pats would have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl.