I rear ended a Toyota, Dash Cam Video

GotRush

Doing my thing, Delivering fresh Pizza, Pasta & Wings

12th street is a one lane each direction except at the intersections it goes to 2 lanes, most people stay in the left regular lane. This guy darts out from behind me & try's to pass on the right & does, but then he immediately slams on the brakes & yup I hit him. My 2010 Soul has a crushed front lower clip that popped back out but you can see the cracks, a big white gouge close to that same area & a slice cut in the bumper black piece that is just above the front plate. If the front clip needs replacing & those other parts this could be a 700.00 fix it job.

I know 99.9% of rear collisions are the rear drivers fault no matter what, But what is your Opinion on this incident

3 minute clip, jump to 1/2 way ( 1:30 )

• Like 1

This is the one time that the person in front should be at fault. Pulls into a gap in traffic, that isn't there, and then immediately breaks. If there was a person or animal on the road, the car in front would of had to of slowed down also, and or the guy you hit wouldn't of sped of immediately. And his plate is visible on your camera so all you need to do is show the video to your insurance company and they should make him at fault, and possibly charge him with hit and run.