Time to "Catch A Rainbow!" Nothing Touches The DIO Years! BLACKMORE IS A FOOL! You're "STARSTRUCK!"

RUSHHEAD666

The first RAINBOW album is a fuckking classic but "RISING" is out of this world!! Of course "Long Live Rock And Roll" is epic too! Hey did you guys know that the live photograph on the "LLRAR" album cover is actually of a crowd at a Rush concert! I heard that somewhere. I think it's true but it could be an Urban Legend.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there is even a RAINBOW Thread on here. There should be! So I'm just trying to keep real rock and roll alive and well on here!

Whitesnake thread.

Deep Purple thread.

Rainbow thread.

It's so fun to talk rock and roll! Nothing can touch the Dio Rainbow MK. "RISING" is a fuckking masterpiece.

The reason why I called Blackmore a fool is because of the way he changed the Rainbow sound.

"Down To Earth" with Bonnett is a piece of pop shit. I hate his voice. The album is garbage. I know some of you like it.

Then the Joe Lynn Turner Years. Jesus, I bought them all when I was a kid but some of it just doesn't stand up to the Dio stuff.

"Bent Out Of Shape" is so damn poppy!

"Difficult To Cure" and "Straight Between The Eyes" are good.

The Blackmore's Night stuff is ok but man it gets on my nerves.

Blackmore gave up hard rock for Candice Night. The hot blonde witch who looks like the little sister of Stevie Nicks!

What gives man??????

I can see why Ronnie James left Rainbow. Thank God right? "Holy Diver" is one of the greatest hard rock records in the universe.

"The Last in Line" is fuckking fantastic too! RIP RONNIE!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

The world would be a boring place without hard rock and heavy metal!!!!!

Prog is great but it's a completely wimpy genre compared to HEAVY FUKKING METAL!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

Loved the Dio Rainbow stuff but after that I lost interest. They did some good songs after Ronnie left but it was hit & miss compared to the classic years.

Same here. Rising is by far the best Rainbow studio release. Can't stand their stuff after Dio left.

I love the Deutschland Tournee 1976 live box set, with 3 fantastic shows on 6 discs.

The three Dio albums are classics. After Dio left, I don't know much about the band past the radio hits which I think are pretty damn cheesy and quite the step down from what Blackmore did with Dio. Both vocally and lyrically, Dio came into his own while with Rainbow. A lot of the lyrics he wrote on those three albums set the stage for the themes that the power metal genre would become known for years later.

I love all three albums. So many great tunes, my favorites are Stargazer, A Light In The Black and Gates Of Babylon.

Earl, before you talk about the greatness of Holy Diver and The Last in Line, and you should because they are, you must first acknowledge the absolute perfection of Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules in the Black Sabbath discography.

But Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Rising, and Long Live Rock and Roll are all amazing. I actually enjoy all of the Rainbow stuff, including Doogie White's Stranger in Us All. But the Dio stuff is best.

How did Blackmore not get sued by Hendrix's people for Little Wing, I mean Catch the Rainbow? Blackmore reportedly loved that song. So much that he covered it, ala Jimmy Page.

• Like 1

Earl, before you talk about the greatness of Holy Diver and The Last in Line, and you should because they are, you must first acknowledge the absolute perfection of Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules in the Black Sabbath discography.

But Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Rising, and Long Live Rock and Roll are all amazing. I actually enjoy all of the Rainbow stuff, including Doogie White's Stranger in Us All. But the Dio stuff is best.

How did Blackmore not get sued by Hendrix's people for Little Wing, I mean Catch the Rainbow? Blackmore reportedly loved that song. So much that he covered it, ala Jimmy Page.

Great minds think alike my friend. I just added "Heaven And Hell" to my iPod to blast in my car.

Ronnie James has the Unholy Trilogy Of Perfection.

"Rising"

"Heaven And Hell"

"Holy Diver"

That's a great question. The people in the Hendrix Camp are a bunch of hard nosed pricks. Did you that the new Hendrix movie that just came out on bluray and DVD couldn't use any Hendrix songs?

They have Hendrix jamming with Cream and playing many Beatles songs. Sadly the movie is very lame! But if you are a Hendrix fanatic then check it out!

• Like 1

Great minds think alike my friend. I just added "Heaven And Hell" to my iPod to blast in my car.

"Rising"

"Heaven And Hell"

"Holy Diver"

That's a great question. The people in the Hendrix Camp are a bunch of hard nosed pricks. Did you that the new Hendrix movie that just came out on bluray and DVD couldn't use any Hendrix songs?

They have Hendrix jamming with Cream and playing many Beatles songs. Sadly the movie is very lame! But if you are a Hendrix fanatic then check it out!

I have a Hendrix box set that has him playing Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band live. Pretty cool.

"Rising"

"Heaven And Hell"

"Holy Diver"

I have a Hendrix box set that has him playing Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band live. Pretty cool.

That's cool Rick is it "Lifelines?" What's the box called? "Stages?"

"Rising"

"Heaven And Hell"

"Holy Diver"

That's cool Rick is it "Lifelines?" What's the box called? "Stages?"

I think it's just The Jimi Hendrix Experience. It's 4 discs. None of it is previously released. It's all alternate takes, unreleased stuff and live versions.

The Dio years were wonderful. Rising is an incredible album...saw RJD at a Rush show once.

what???

SPAC 2009. I was in the ninth row and he walked in and sat a few rows in front of me. He and his wife(?) were dressed like they were going to a renaissance fair. He had a cane with a ornate silver thing on his cane. That was the first time I saw him looking not well. he grew up near Cortland, NY with a guy I knew when I lived in Ithaca

• Like 1

I listened to the Ronnie Trifecta today!

Rising

Heaven And Hell

Holy Diver

What are your favorite three Ronnie releases?

RIP to the Legend, the man and to a genuine sweetheart of a human being!!!!

Probably those three. Maybe Mob Rules over H&H, but it's close either way.