I'm Bored! It's Time To "BURN!" This Is By Far Deep Purple's Best Album! "YOU FOOL NO ONE!"

RUSHHEAD666

haha, yes I chose this name because I knew no one here would've heard of the band. I used to have to make a new account every six months or so and I'd always pick something related to extreme metal for my name because all anyone talked about here was KISS, hair metal and dream theater. things haven't changed. :LOL:

bathory are considered 1st wave black metal. their early stuff sounds a lot like venom/motorhead/discharge, and then they started experimenting more and putting more focus on atmosphere and that sort of thing. if you would like any of their stuff, it'd probably be their album blood fire death, which is pretty much a solid thrash album at its core. I do think the vocals and production would turn you off, but some of the riffs you might like. the stuff before that seems too raw and evil and the stuff afterwards seems too folky/viking-themed for your tastes.

I had heard of them. Someone played Equimanthorn for me once. Not to my liking. I've also heard of Varg Vikernes (who that same person called a "genius") you may be surprised to know. Also not necessarily my favorite artist. But I'm sure neither Vikernes, nor Bathory, nor even Cannibal Corpse, worry too much about getting my business.

Now, if Vikernes did an album with Coverdale . . .

The last album, "Now What", is better than anything with Coverdale and his cliched cheesy lyrics - Cringe inducing.

I take it you aren't a Whitesnake fan.

Whitesnake is the kind of cheese that gives cheese a bad name,

Like the product known as "American cheese"

I saw an article a few years back which had the word count of "love" in all the Whitesnake catalogue...Dave says it A LOT...almost the same amount of times James Hetfield says "die", "dead" and "death" in all Metallica's lyrics.

what about "Who Do We Think We Are"? so underrated but it contains "Rat Bat Blue", IMO one of the best tracks ever composed by Deep Purple MKII. coming back to the topic title, I can't say "Burn" is my favourite DP album, but definetely has a place on the podium with "In Rock" and "Machine Head". Edited by geezer