I'm Bored! It's Time To "BURN!" This Is By Far Deep Purple's Best Album! "YOU FOOL NO ONE!"

RUSHHEAD666

Joe Lynn Turner has mentioned in an interview to Classic Rock Magazine that he thinks Slaves & Masters is the best Deep Purple album. Whaaaaaaat?!!?!?

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh Rod! Joe Lynn Turner must be smoking some serious shit. He must think that "Bent Out Of Shape" is the greatest Rainbow album of all time!!!

I'm bent out of shape!! "Slaves And Masters" is the worst Deep Purple album ever made!

Made in Japan baby.

and Burn, and Pupendicular.

Who Do We Think We Are?

Oh yeah and Perfect Strangers

Hey DD! Did you know they just reissued "Made In Japan" again? It's in a digipak format. Two shows with all of the encores included!! IT'S A MUST HAVE!

I prefer Coverdale/Hughes to Gillan. So I agree, Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band are their best albums.

Ready for some complete heresy? CTTB is actually their best album.

So we are friends again!! LOL!

Never weren't Earl. :)

And if you need anymore evidence about the greatness of the mk III lineup, which song did Blackmore take with him to the Rainbow live sets in the Dio era? Mistreated.

I prefer Coverdale/Hughes to Gillan. So I agree, Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band are their best albums.

Ready for some complete heresy? CTTB is actually their best album.

So we are friends again!! LOL!

Never weren't Earl. :)

And if you need anymore evidence about the greatness of the mk III lineup, which song did Blackmore take with him to the Rainbow live sets in the Dio era? Mistreated.

Hahaha I know! I'm just kidding because of the Patriots thing! Yes! I knew that! "Mistreated!"

This is the reason why I wrote two threads last night. Deep Purple and Rainbow. Heck even the Whitesnake thread is connected!

I know people on here are probably tired of seeing threads about old school hard rock and heavy metal, but it's FUN!!!!

I could type about hard rock and metal until the day I die!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Their song "Highway Star" has the earliest example I can think of of a "Unison Solo" between a keyboard (organ counts) and a guitar.

I'm both disappointed and ashamed... I listened to Highway Star earlier only to find for all this time I've been mistaking layered organ playing for organ / guitar... Oh well, still amazing stuff any way you cut it.

Joe Lynn Turner has mentioned in an interview to Classic Rock Magazine that he thinks Slaves & Masters is the best Deep Purple album. Whaaaaaaat?!!?!?

It's a weak album. it sounds like a Rainbow album but If it was a Rainbow album it'd be the worst Rainbow album.

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh Rod! Joe Lynn Turner must be smoking some serious shit. He must think that "Bent Out Of Shape" is the greatest Rainbow album of all time!!!

I'm bent out of shape!! "Slaves And Masters" is the worst Deep Purple album ever made!

It's not even a good Joe Lynn Turner album, He's much better on Malmsteen's Odyssey from 1988! He should have stayed with Yngwie!

• Like 1

The track Burn must contain one of the greatest riffs of all time. It certainly gets the head shakin' when I hear it. That track, 24 Carat and Come Taste the Band got me into Purple. I never really got into the reformation stuff, as I thought the coming together, after so much band blood between Gillan and Blackmore, stunk of 'innit-for-the-cash.

Despite my aversion to new-Purple I did buy Now What?! and it is a canny album. Not Burn, but not bad.

I can't believe me eyeballs!

I'm watching Deep Purple Phoenix Rising. Tommy Bolin on guitar!

Frigging Coverdale looks like fukking James LaBrie.

Shoot me now!

Didn't Wet Dream Cover I mean Theater cover Deep Purple?

I mean lets get real people. Name a band Cream Theater didn't cover!

Dream Theater is the biggest poser band on the planet.

Text book nerds from New York.

Chronic progressive wankers masturbating to Lee, Lifeson and Peart.

Linus is better than Jordan Rudess.

Jordan couldn't even hold John Lord's jock strap.

RIP to a real keyboard player!!

Paice blows Portnoy away!

JMO!!

Jordan Masturbates Often!

Tommy Bolin is better than John Petrucci!

RIP

• Like 4

Earl, I just heard Dream Theater´s rendition of Purple´s Made in Japan...I was there when they did it, and my impression hasn´t changed a bit: most of it sounds awful!!!!!

By the way, you and Tombstone Mountain would make a killer rock and roll comedy duo. Have you guys considered writing an edition of the Yukon Blade Grinder together? It would be great!

I can't believe me eyeballs!

I'm watching Deep Purple Phoenix Rising. Tommy Bolin on guitar!

Frigging Coverdale looks like fukking James LaBrie.

Shoot me now!

Didn't Wet Dream Cover I mean Theater cover Deep Purple?

I mean lets get real people. Name a band Cream Theater didn't cover!

Dream Theater is the biggest poser band on the planet.

Text book nerds from New York.

Chronic progressive wankers masturbating to Lee, Lifeson and Peart.

Linus is better than Jordan Rudess.

Jordan couldn't even hold John Lord's jock strap.

RIP to a real keyboard player!!

Paice blows Portnoy away!

JMO!!

Jordan Masturbates Often!

Tommy Bolin is better than John Petrucci!

RIP

Dream Theater is unlistenable.

Incidentally, my beef with all the Deep Purple live stuff is that there is entirely too much "wankery" going on. I don't need a 45 minute version of Mistreated or Lazy. Blackmore continued that unfortunate practice with Rainbow. Zeppelin did it too, so I get that it's an era thing.