Pro Bowl 2015 Mania...teams chosen tomorrow...

laughedatbytime

Tomorrow is the big day...Cris Carter and Michael Irvin choose rosters for the big game Sunday.

Anyone else watching?

Actually, I think rather than having them pick the teams and having either them or real coaches coach the game, Phil Simms and Troy Aikman should at least coach, based on the strategies they espouse on telecasts.

For example, the Aikmans have the ball 4th and inches in a monsoon at the opposing 33. The obvious strategy? Kick the FG. And if there's a false start, well what's a 55 harder in bad field conditions? The ball goes back to the spot of the kick if missed? Well your defense has to buck up and make the stop, it's what winners do.

Or Simms' team is down 20-7 with at the 38, fourth and three. Send out the punt team. And if they're ahead by a score, 3rd and 8 with 2:03 left? You can't throw, passes are intercepted, you know.

Good times for all.

Anyone else watching?

This implies that someone is to begin with.... :)

Of course I'll be watching. Maybe I'll live blog it. ;)

Anyone else watching?

This implies that someone is to begin with.... :)

Of course I'll be watching. Maybe I'll live blog it. ;)

Bless you. I couldn't watch any all-star type game anymore in any sport and this would be the last one of that list that I would watch....
  • Like 3

I'm with Narpski... all star games of any sport for me = :zzz:

Amen sister. A borefest to be sure...
  • Like 1

It's still NFL football and all we have (along with some other game) until August.

It's like watching the Dolphins play the Jaguars in November. No one cares about the outcome.

Not to mention that the football will be fully inflated.

Unless it's 50 degrees, then all bets are off. The Nobel Peace Prize winner for chemistry ( or is it physics? probably both) said so, after the most rigorous tests in scientific history proved it to be so. But then again, at those temps there will be no fans in the stands, just stranded cars along the Arizona highways.

It's still NFL football and all we have (along with some other game) until August.

It's like watching the Dolphins play the Jaguars in November. No one cares about the outcome.

Unless it's 50 degrees, then all bets are off. The Nobel Peace Prize winner for chemistry ( or is it physics? probably both) said so, after the most rigorous tests in scientific history proved it to be so. But then again, at those temps there will be no fans in the stands, just stranded cars along the Arizona highways.

All that doesn't change the fact that it's a meaningless game that no one really tries too hard in. Like every Dolphins game after Halloween.

All that doesn't change the fact that it's a meaningless game that no one really tries too hard in. Like every Dolphins game after Halloween.

Defending the indefensible is slowly chipping away at your sanity, I see.

How many Kentuckians got health care last year?

I'm with Matt Leinart and Boomer Esiason and Rich Gannon on this one.

I suppose one thing the Pro Bowl has over a November Dolphins game is that the Pro Bowl is the only game this weekend.

I suppose one thing the Pro Bowl has over a November Dolphins game is that the Pro Bowl is the only game this weekend.

Yeah, go ahead and be with Boomer. There's a winning proposition. And being with Matt Leinart is OK if hanging out with coeds in hot tubs in SoCal.

Then again, the breakdown of so called experts is hardly one sided in favor of the Cheaters...you just happen to agree with those who favor your team and apparently the everyone does it theory, which will make your kids happy. To be fair, I only heard Leinart, I didn't hear Gannon, and I couldn't give less of a f**k what Esaison has to say.

Yeah, go ahead and be with Boomer. There's a winning proposition. And being with Matt Leinart is OK if hanging out with coeds in hot tubs in SoCal.

Then again, the breakdown of so called experts is hardly one sided in favor of the Cheaters...you just happen to agree with those who favor your team and apparently the everyone does it theory, which will make your kids happy. To be fair, I only heard Leinart, I didn't hear Gannon, and I couldn't give less of a f**k what Esaison has to say.

I'm not saying everyone does it. I'm saying I wouldn't call someone a cheater for wearing gear the NFL doesn't endorse. You get fined for that too.

Another difference between the Pro Bowl and a November Dolphin game is that the players on both teams will be competent.

I'm not saying everyone does it. I'm saying I wouldn't call someone a cheater for wearing gear the NFL doesn't endorse. You get fined for that too.

Another difference between the Pro Bowl and a November Dolphin game is that the players on both teams will be competent.

So according to you a team doesn't have to be competent to beat the Patriots? Well, maybe when the temp is over 50, and the ball is too inflated for their QB to throw. Not that there's anything wrong with 29-56.

So according to you a team doesn't have to be competent to beat the Patriots? Well, maybe when the temp is over 50, and the ball is too inflated for their QB to throw. Not that there's anything wrong with 29-56.

Who said "competent to beat the Patriots?" The Patriots are human and lose to crappy teams from time to time. They did it in the first game this season.

Who said "competent to beat the Patriots?" The Patriots are human and lose to crappy teams from time to time. They did it in the first game this season.

It was probably on purpose. Either just to toy with a divisional foe or because being excellent all the time gets boring.

It was probably on purpose. Either just to toy with a divisional foe or because being excellent all the time gets boring.

They hadn't figured out how to properly use Revis. Gronkowski wasn't at full strength. They just didn't outplay a crappy team that day. Occam's Razor.

They hadn't figured out how to properly use Revis. Gronkowski wasn't at full strength. They just didn't outplay a crappy team that day. Occam's Razor.

A guy who as a layman could figure out all of the intracacies of how temperatures affect the football in 48 hours couldn't figure out, in the area of his expertise, and with the help of his defensive staff, how to use an outstanding cover corner through 6-8 weeks of training camp? OK.

A guy who as a layman could figure out all of the intracacies of how temperatures affect the football in 48 hours couldn't figure out, in the area of his expertise, and with the help of his defensive staff, how to use an outstanding cover corner through 6-8 weeks of training camp? OK.

Revis said early in the season they had him playing zone and he wasn't comfortable with it. So I'm not sure how you justify being skeptical of what Revis himself said.

How many Dolphins are enjoying their only post season play today?

:laughing guy: Ouch!!!!!

Revis said early in the season they had him playing zone and he wasn't comfortable with it. So I'm not sure how you justify being skeptical of what Revis himself said.

How many Dolphins are enjoying their only post season play today?

So the genius who could learn the totality of information about the reaction of football to various temperatures in 48 hours couldn't figure out what to do with an elite corner in an entire offseason and training camp? Hmmmm...

How many Patriots are enjoying being the laughingstock of a nation today?

Yeah, that one would have stung if it was accurate...

Yeah, that one would have stung if it was accurate...

You're right. There was that game in 2003 in November where, if the playoffs started before Thanksgiving, the "Fins" would have missed the playoffs by only 3 games.

No really. How many Dolphins are playing today? You must be fired up.