1987: "WHITESNAKE!" Is This Coverdale And Company's Best Album?

RUSHHEAD666

Official Whitesnake Thread For My Buddy Rod! 1987!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Whitesnake Album is Your Favorite?

• "Trouble" 1978
    • "Lovehunter" 1979
    • "Ready An' Willing" 1980
    • "Come An' Get It" 1980
    • "Saints & Sinners" 1982
    • "Slide It In" 1982
    • "Whitesnake" 1987
    • "Slip Of The Tongue" 1989
    • "Restless Heart" 1997
    • "Good To Be Bad" 2008
    • "Forevermore" 2011
    • None! Whitesnake Ssssssucks Arse!

Ok you guys! This thread is for Rod! Great minds think alike! I was thinking about a Whitesnake thread the other day! So here we go!! I mean "Here I Go Again!" LOL!!!!!

I love Whitesnake's "1987" album but is it there best? I don't think so! I am personally torn between "Lovehunter" and "Come An' Get It!"

My favorite guitarist in Whitesnake is obviously John Sykes. Of course he was on "1987" before The Flying Dutchman took over on guitar, Adrian Vandenberg. VANDENBERG RULES!! But that's another thread!!!

I think when Dave added Steve Vai on the next record was cool. I actually saw that tour way back when. I think in 1990.

I think starting a killer Whitesnake thread on here is totally awesome! The Music Of The Spheres is alive and well! Lots of METAL going on here!

Whitesnake fukking rules!

I remember going up to Bally's to see Andrew Dice Clay perform. Say like in 1991. It was off the charts of course!

So me, my ex girlfriend and my best buddy and his chick took off right after the last note was played. We ran into the lobby and I swear to God I almost bumped into David Coverdale and Tawy Kiten. They were both in a hurry wearing sunglasses at night.

I was like "HOLY SHIT!" David Coverdale actually lives up in Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side.

Let's quickly talk about Whitesnake drummers.

Ian Paice left Deep Purple to go with Coverdale. Big balls eh?

Cozy Powell was on the "Slide It In" record. One of the best albums ever recorded!

Now as most of you know there are two versions of "Slide It In." The more bluesy version with Moody and Marsden and then the hard rock version with John Sykes. John is one of my favorite guitarists. Of course his best work is on Thin Lizzy's "Thunder And Lightning" record. Sykes actually wrote "1987" in collaboration with David.

Anyway I can't forget the greatness of "The Animal!" Tommy Frigging Aldridge! STUD!

So anyway, what is your favorite Whitesnake record?

Thanks for the thread Earl!!!

From memory, 1987 hands down for me. But if I listened to the albums today I may have a different opinion.

And hey, correct me if I´m wrong, but Ian Paice didn´t quit Deep Purple to join Whitesnake...DP broke up after Come Taste the Band, and John Lord and Paice decided to join Coverdale´s band after a while.

• Like 1

From memory, 1987 hands down for me. But if I listened to the albums today I may have a different opinion.

And hey, correct me if I´m wrong, but Ian Paice didn´t quit Deep Purple to join Whitesnake...DP broke up after Come Taste the Band, and John Lord and Paice decided to join Coverdale´s band after a while.

Yes, Deep Purple broke up after Come taste the band. The first Whitesnake album to feature Jon Lord and Ian Paice was Lovehunter (1979)

Yes, Deep Purple broke up after Come taste the band. The first Whitesnake album to feature Jon Lord and Ian Paice was Lovehunter (1979)

Wasn't Lord on Trouble?

I´ll post a link to their show at the Rock in Rio Festival in 1985 with Sykes and Powell. This was the very first day of Rock in Rio, the festival that put Rio on the map for bigger rock acts. Prior to that thee had been only a handful of spot rock shows, but the bands started to come more often since then. The first night had a bunch of local artists and Whitesnake, Iron Maiden and Queen closing the bill. The official attendance is absolutely crazy: 470 thousand people on this night alone!!!!

Wasn't Lord on Trouble?

That's right! Jon Lord played on the "Trouble" album and then Ian Paice joined the band for the "Lovehunter" album

My vote went for the 1987 album - way better than than the G & R's album Earl Mentioned in his other recent poll. Perhaps Earl would like start a poll comparing the 2 albums (hint, hint).

One of their other albums had some great cover art however. Lovehunter I think, if memory serves me correctly.

Yes you are correct my friend! DP broke up! My bad!

Ready & Willing is my favourite. Great blues - rock album. I preferred the Moody - Marsden era but they were good later on too.

The only one I dislike is the Vai era.

Aw come on buddy! You love "Kitten's Got Claws!" "Ready & Willing" is an interesting pick. I haven't voted yet. I'm stuck on "Lovehunter" "Come An' Get It" and Sykes "Slide It In."

I actually prefer Slide it In. Slow and Easy and Love Ain't No Stranger are two of my favorite Whitesnake tunes. I like all their stuff, although I think Coverdale is a pretty weak lyricist. His voice was amazing though.

I lost my virginity to "Slide It In.'

I was having a party at my parents house while they were in Hawaii.

I will never forget it as long as I live.

I took this chick into my parents bedroom and attempted to go all the way.

While I was a nervous fuckking wreck, one of my buddies put on the "Slide It In" album and cranked it on my stereo in my bedroom down the hall.

I totally lost it and cracked under pressure.

I was going to go for the gusto but I totally failed.

"Slide it in right to the top, slide it in I ain't ever gonna stop." Well I will keep it clean on a public forum. Let's just say it just didn't work out.

Epic Fail. I was more "Like A Virgin" that night.

Love,

Madonna

After Deep Purple Mark IV dissolved, Paice and Lord collaborated on one project and David Coverdale did an album and a half on his own. Paice and Lord then joined Coverdale in 1978. But, it's not inconceivable to think (since 3/5 of Mark III was now in the new Whitesnake), that those guys could have just continued the Deep Purple name.

And, had that been the case, I wonder what would have happened in 1983 when Paice and Lord got sick of Coverdale, and Blackmore got tired of Rainbow, and they all grabbed Gillan and Glover to do more Deep Purple, Mark II? A nasty legal battle over the name "Deep Purple"?

After Deep Purple Mark IV dissolved, Paice and Lord collaborated on one project and David Coverdale did an album and a half on his own. Paice and Lord then joined Coverdale in 1978. But, it's not inconceivable to think (since 3/5 of Mark III was now in the new Whitesnake), that those guys could have just continued the Deep Purple name.

And, had that been the case, I wonder what would have happened in 1983 when Paice and Lord got sick of Coverdale, and Blackmore got tired of Rainbow, and they all grabbed Gillan and Glover to do more Deep Purple, Mark II? A nasty legal battle over the name "Deep Purple"?

I wonder who has the rights to the name Deep Purple. Pacey is the only person who has been in the band from the beginning. But I guess legally it doesn't mean much, does it?

I wonder who has the rights to the name Deep Purple. Pacey is the only person who has been in the band from the beginning. But I guess legally it doesn't mean much, does it?

That's a great question though!