BREAKING NEWS: NEW ALBUM ALMOST DONE

Tombstone Mountain

It mans that they're recording it in Goatnut, TN, with Nick Raskuliniez and the Blade Grinder crew co-engineering.

Didn't the mayor of Goatnut give Neil the keys to the city in a big ceremony? "I'M A GOATNUT MAN," Neil proclaimed proudly. There's even a picture of Neil somewhere on the internet, of him wearing the ceremonial goat nut hat, which is sewn from the scrotum of mountain goat. I for one am waiting in anticipation for Grinding to a Halt!

Happy days! I remember that just like it was yesterday. But I don't know that I would have labeled it a "big" ceremony unless you included all the goats that were present and filled in for the people that weren't there. As it was, I fell asleep during Neil's 95 minute acceptance speech. A simple "thank you for this honor" would have sufficed. Did we have to sit through hearing an in-depth history of the origin of goats? And how the white man stole Goatnut from the Native Americans? :unsure:

It was quite a long speech wasn't it? But I think they planned it poorly, letting Neil tour that bourbon distillery BEFORE the speeches, and not after. That being said, Neil reportedly has fond feelings for the place, and is currently working on his next book, "Between a Goat and a Hard Place."

Oh? He must have changed the title. I thought it was going to be "Between a Goat and a Hard Nut"?

Yeah, he had a lot of different ideas for that book. But I actually prefer his first idea, "Clockwork Goatnuts." I read an early draft, it actually seems to be an inspirational story. During the tour of the local petting zoo, Neil met a goat named Bonky, which really took a shine to Mr. Peart. Neil felt that he had met his soul mate, which is even more amazing considering that the goat probably never drinks scotch.

• Like 1

It mans that they're recording it in Goatnut, TN, with Nick Raskuliniez and the Blade Grinder crew co-engineering.

Didn't the mayor of Goatnut give Neil the keys to the city in a big ceremony? "I'M A GOATNUT MAN," Neil proclaimed proudly. There's even a picture of Neil somewhere on the internet, of him wearing the ceremonial goat nut hat, which is sewn from the scrotum of mountain goat. I for one am waiting in anticipation for Grinding to a Halt!

Happy days! I remember that just like it was yesterday. But I don't know that I would have labeled it a "big" ceremony unless you included all the goats that were present and filled in for the people that weren't there. As it was, I fell asleep during Neil's 95 minute acceptance speech. A simple "thank you for this honor" would have sufficed. Did we have to sit through hearing an in-depth history of the origin of goats? And how the white man stole Goatnut from the Native Americans? :unsure:

It was quite a long speech wasn't it? But I think they planned it poorly, letting Neil tour that bourbon distillery BEFORE the speeches, and not after. That being said, Neil reportedly has fond feelings for the place, and is currently working on his next book, "Between a Goat and a Hard Place."

Oh? He must have changed the title. I thought it was going to be "Between a Goat and a Hard Nut"?

Yeah, he had a lot of different ideas for that book. But I actually prefer his first idea, "Clockwork Goatnuts." I read an early draft, it actually seems to be an inspirational story. During the tour of the local petting zoo, Neil met a goat named Bonky, which really took a shine to Mr. Peart. Neil felt that he had met his soul mate, which is even more amazing considering that the goat probably never drinks scotch.

This goat possess's a unique ability among his ilk, to actually pronounce "lasagna", in certain, "amorous" situations.

This goat possess's a unique ability among his ilk, to actually pronounce "lasagna", in certain, "amorous" situations.

LasagnaLasagnaLasagnaLasagna....

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/SeAt72Y_zps541b70fa.gif

• Like 1

Am I the only one not really that excited by this?

Obviously you're not a True Rush Fan ™ .

Quite right. Bet he's never been to Goatnut either.

Neil loves Goatnut. He's been through several times. Loves the BBQ!

• Like 1

Obviously you're not a True Rush Fan ™ .

Quite right. Bet he's never been to Goatnut either.

Neil loves Goatnut. He's been through several times. Loves the BBQ!

Yes, I know Neil loves Goatnut. Every single time, without fail, that he comes over to see me he insist, INSIST, on showing me pictures from his last visit. I have told him (hoping he will get the hint to quit it with the picture showing :wacko: ) that I have been there myself many times, but he still persists. :huh: :sigh:

In any event, we weren't talking about Neil, we were referring to the ruffian RushianRoulette who had the audacity to tell us he wasn't excited by any of this. :sarcastic:

Edited by Lorraine

This just in:

Rush To Allow Audience Participation During 2015 Tour

TORONTO (AP) - In an interview today with Geddy Lee, the bassist and vocalist for the Canadian power trio Rush, a tour for 2015 was announced along with details that surprised many fans. "We're going to let a fan or two up on the stage during each show to join in with us," said Lee. "We'll have to come up with some way to randomly select someone, but we'll then let them come up and play guitar, do backup vocals, or maybe play some cowbell." he said with a chuckle. Fans exploded on internet forums at the news. One such fan, "Dr. Sheldon Copper" on the fan site "The Rush Forum" said he'd be willing to do anything on stage, including playing the skin flute or the boneaphone. More details on the tour will be coming later in the month according to Lee.

TonyR will attest to his skill on the instrument

He blows!

New Rush album or photos of goats?

Actually that could be the title of the next album, a homage to PFM...

( Obscure pun time)

Hey Antiquark, did he ever show the picture someone took of him when he was having his palm read by Madame Zelda Stankowhiski? That's one of his favorites! That was when that circus came to town too. He really loved that circus.

Maybe that's why he loves Goatnut so much. :codger:

• Like 1

Hey Antiquark, did he ever show the picture someone took of him when he was having his palm read by Madame Zelda Stankowhiski? That's one of his favorites! That was when that circus came to town too. He really loved that circus.

Ah, Zelda. He just won't shut up about Zelda. He tells me, "she has powers, she read my palms and told me I wield tools every day. The drums, she knew that I play the drums. She has powers!"

I told him, "no, she saw your callouses, and figured you were a mechanic or janitor. Zelda don't know squat!"

But still he wouldn't let it go. You wanna know the stupid thing? He thinks there are higher powers! He was talking about how free will is a scam, our future is fated, and written in the stars!

Damn Goatnut. I'm learning to hate Goatnut!

• Like 2

Ah, Zelda. He just won't shut up about Zelda. He tells me, "she has powers, she read my palms and told me I wield tools every day. The drums, she knew that I play the drums. She has powers!"

I told him, "no, she saw your callouses, and figured you were a mechanic or janitor. Zelda don't know squat!"

But still he wouldn't let it go. You wanna know the stupid thing? He thinks there are higher powers! He was talking about how free will is a scam, our future is fated, and written in the stars!

Damn Goatnut. I'm learning to hate Goatnut!

Yeah. Zelda was one sharp cookie. She told him he would be famous one day. "Eets een zee shtars!" That was five years ago. :laughing guy:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I think there maybe a goat of chance of a chance that all of the above may be true.
  • Like 2

From the soon to be released album, Grinding to a Halt, insight has been granted for the new instrumental track--"Up Yer Butt Joebu". The name, given by bassist Geddy Lee, has to do with above all things, baseball! It comes from the movie "Major League", where a relief pitcher gets nailed in the head with a baseball bat after drinking vodka belonging to the notorious voodoo god Joebu.

Geddy had this to say about his new favorite instrumental. "We've do so many over the years. All sorts of styles, thematic elements, but we've never attempted the thrash genre. Not so anymore. Add thrash to our lust of accomplishments. Neil even does some headbanging in the video. When you listen to it, the raw heavy sound will pulverize you."

• Like 1