BREAKING NEWS: NEW ALBUM ALMOST DONE

Tombstone Mountain

"Grinding to a Halt"

The the next album will be called "2113 - Clockwork Lives". (see link). They have it all planned out. First the books, then the album, then the sitcom, then the breakfast cereal. There is "Big Money" to be made!

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/01/12/4213/More-details-on-Kevin-J.-Andersons-anthology-of-Rush-based-stories-and-2113-novella

• Like 1

This just in:

Rush To Allow Audience Participation During 2015 Tour

TORONTO (AP) - In an interview today with Geddy Lee, the bassist and vocalist for the Canadian power trio Rush, a tour for 2015 was announced along with details that surprised many fans. "We're going to let a fan or two up on the stage during each show to join in with us," said Lee. "We'll have to come up with some way to randomly select someone, but we'll then let them come up and play guitar, do backup vocals, or maybe play some cowbell." he said with a chuckle. Fans exploded on internet forums at the news. One such fan, "Dr. Sheldon Copper" on the fan site "The Rush Forum" said he'd be willing to do anything on stage, including playing the skin flute or the boneaphone. More details on the tour will be coming later in the month according to Lee.

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 7

This just in:

TORONTO (AP) - In an interview today with Geddy Lee, the bassist and vocalist for the Canadian power trio Rush, a tour for 2015 was announced along with details that surprised many fans. "We're going to let a fan or two up on the stage during each show to join in with us," said Lee. "We'll have to come up with some way to randomly select someone, but we'll then let them come up and play guitar, do backup vocals, or maybe play some cowbell." he said with a chuckle. Fans exploded on internet forums at the news. One such fan, "Dr. Sheldon Copper" on the fan site "The Rush Forum" said he'd be willing to do anything on stage, including playing the skin flute or the boneaphone. More details on the tour will be coming later in the month according to Lee.

TonyR will attest to his skill on the instrument

• Like 2

In an exclusive interview with Rush drummer Neil Peart, he gives readers and fans a glimpse of what the band's performance on their 2015 tour will include.

"In the past I have toiled over and over again about how to approach my drum solos. Electronic sections, rudimentary snare parts, rotating drum kits, big band finales, and I even went a step further and split the drum solo into three smaller solos throughout the show. However this time I want to try something that's never been done before in the history of rock, and it's something that will bring me great joy. Instead of playing a traditional drum solo, I have decided to devote 30 minutes to reading my upcoming book with the fans in concert. I will come out front on stage and sit on Alex's ever expanding lap, and read the first few chapters of my new book Rocks: A Glimpse into Earth's Mysterious Stones."

• Like 1

Another sneek peek from the exclusive Yukon Blade Grinder Interview, soon to be published. When asked about his favorite track on their new album, cherubic guitarist Alex Lifeson said without hesitation, "Take the Pain". When asked why, he coyly responded "That's between me and my wife".

Rock on.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

A partial track list has been leaked:

Dog Years Book II - Doggie Heaven

One Bourbon, One Scotch, and Another Scotch

Adventures in the Tai Shan Gift Shop

Burgundy Ford Focus

Huckleberry Finn

The Speed of Divorce

Edited by antiquark
  • Like 2

This just in:

Move over Sheldon. This is the chance I've been waiting for to show off my so far hidden and untapped talents. Better late than never. :coy:

Another sneek peek from the exclusive Yukon Blade Grinder Interview, soon to be published. When asked about his favorite track on their new album, cherubic guitarist Alex Lifeson said without hesitation, "Take the Pain". When asked why, he coyly responded "That's between me and my wife".

Rock on.

Cherubic guitarist? Well, that's one way of putting it.

"Grinding to a Halt"

if thats the title of the album, i hope it doesn't imply its the final release.

It mans that they're recording it in Goatnut, TN, with Nick Raskuliniez and the Blade Grinder crew co-engineering.

Edited by len(songs)

It mans that they're recording it in Goatnut, TN, with Nick Raskuliniez and the Blade Grinder crew co-engineering.

Didn't the mayor of Goatnut give Neil the keys to the city in a big ceremony? "I'M A GOATNUT MAN," Neil proclaimed proudly. There's even a picture of Neil somewhere on the internet, of him wearing the ceremonial goat nut hat, which is sewn from the scrotum of mountain goat. I for one am waiting in anticipation for Grinding to a Halt!

• Like 1

Didn't the mayor of Goatnut give Neil the keys to the city in a big ceremony? "I'M A GOATNUT MAN," Neil proclaimed proudly. There's even a picture of Neil somewhere on the internet, of him wearing the ceremonial goat nut hat, which is sewn from the scrotum of mountain goat. I for one am waiting in anticipation for Grinding to a Halt!

Happy days! I remember that just like it was yesterday. But I don't know that I would have labeled it a "big" ceremony unless you included all the goats that were present and filled in for the people that weren't there. As it was, I fell asleep during Neil's 95 minute acceptance speech. A simple "thank you for this honor" would have sufficed. Did we have to sit through hearing an in-depth history of the origin of goats? And how the white man stole Goatnut from the Native Americans? :unsure:

• Like 1

Happy days! I remember that just like it was yesterday. But I don't know that I would have labeled it a "big" ceremony unless you included all the goats that were present and filled in for the people that weren't there. As it was, I fell asleep during Neil's 95 minute acceptance speech. A simple "thank you for this honor" would have sufficed. Did we have to sit through hearing an in-depth history of the origin of goats? And how the white man stole Goatnut from the Native Americans? :unsure:

It was quite a long speech wasn't it? But I think they planned it poorly, letting Neil tour that bourbon distillery BEFORE the speeches, and not after. That being said, Neil reportedly has fond feelings for the place, and is currently working on his next book, "Between a Goat and a Hard Place."

• Like 1

It was quite a long speech wasn't it? But I think they planned it poorly, letting Neil tour that bourbon distillery BEFORE the speeches, and not after. That being said, Neil reportedly has fond feelings for the place, and is currently working on his next book, "Between a Goat and a Hard Place."

You are all my people

—Mayor of Goatnut, TN

• Like 1

Oh? He must have changed the title. I thought it was going to be "Between a Goat and a Hard Nut"?

• Like 1

You are all my people

—Mayor of Goatnut, TN

Back at ya!

http://cdn.oxwordsblog.wpfuel.co.uk/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/Grinning-goat-300x225.jpg?1c9512