Why is there so much hate against Snakes & Arrows?

YYZumbi

Every day I see someone on this forum complain on Snakes & Arrows when talking about Rush album.

And I don't get it why the album get so much hate! To me it's a great album! The mixing is almost perfect, and the songs is really good (yes, even Spindrift!), and Geddy's voice is great on it!

And I love how they have done a good mix with electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

To me, this album is much better then Clockwork Angels.

So explain to me... Why does this album get so much hate when it does not deserve it?

• Like 2

There are only three things from Rush I hate. Snakes & Arrows isn't one of them, but I don't listen to it often because it's basically a collection of songs that sound pretty much the same.
  • Like 4

I like it. There a couple of things that bore me and a couple of things that bug me, but that's true of a lot of Rush albums. I think if there's 3 or 4 songs that I think are truly great tunes, I'm usually happy.
  • Like 1

Every day I see someone on this forum complain on Snakes & Arrows when talking about Rush album.

And I don't get it why the album get so much hate! To me it's a great album! The mixing is almost perfect, and the songs is really good (yes, even Spindrift!), and Geddy's voice is great on it!

And I love how they have done a good mix with electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

So explain to me... Why does this album get so much hate when it does not deserve it?

Zumbi i know you and i don't see eye to eye most of the time. but I'm going to agree. It's my Fav newer Rush Album. i think it's TONS better then VT and CA. and yes the mix is perfect and why Nick what's his face and Rush chose to mix CA like that after Snakes.I'll never Know. I love snakes and will forever consider it underrated.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Zumbi i know you and i don't see eye to eye most of the time. but I'm going to agree. It's my Fav newer Rush Album. i think it's TONS better then VT and CA. and yes the mix is perfect and why Nick what's his face and Rush chose to mix CA like that after Snakes. I love snakes and will forever consider it underrated.

Mick

:huh:

• Like 1

There are only three things from Rush I hate. Snakes & Arrows isn't one of them, but I don't listen to it often because it's basically a collection of songs that sound pretty much the same.

Hemisphere hater, stick close to me. So far, you and I are the only two here who see the light regarding this album.

Edited by Lorraine

Snakes has about four or five good songs.

It is way too long as an album.

And, yes. After the first few songs, they all start to sound the same.

That is something I don't understand... How can a album be too long? Is it not better if it's long?

Zumbi, even though we've discussed this at least ten times before, thanks for starting the thread. :)

TRF is a bit exhausted on subjects. Can only say so much I guess.

For those bored, feel free to count the number of hihat hits in "Hemispheres" and report back to us :LOL:

Sound the same? I don't agree! They all sound great in different ways.

Zumbi, even though we've discussed this at least ten times before, thanks for starting the thread. :)

For those bored, feel free to count the number of hihat hits in "Hemispheres" and report back to us :LOL:

That's rich coming from the King of Spam. Or is it the Queen of Spam?

• Like 1

It's got too many songs, that's for sure...

Far Cry, Armor and Sword, Spindrift, Way the Wind Blows are four powerful songs which really lift the album up high.

Workin', Faithless, Bravest, Good News, and the instrumentals are pretty good.

Larger Bowl and We Hold On are the baddies.

• Like 2

That's rich coming from the King of Spam. Or is it the Queen of Spam?

Not telling.

It has the main Monkey Business...... so thread's over, lol. Awesome Track.

Mick

Hope is better. Monkey Business is to poppy for Alex.

How do you Know missy? Did you ASK Alex?

lol

Mick

Who cares what Alex thinks? We're the ones who get stuck having to listen to his guitar playing.

;)

• Like 1