Joe Pa back on top

LedRush

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2015/01/16/ncaa-joe-paterno-wins-restored-penn-state-settlement/21867685/

In a proposed settlement, Penn State would get all its wins from 1998 till 2012 (or whenever it was), making Pa the winningest coach in NCAA football again. I never understood why they took away those wins in the first place.

I never knew they took those wins away and what was the reason the NCAA did so in the first place?

Because Pa allowed his friend to rape boys on campus.

• Like 2

Oh yeah that thing but what did any of that have to do with winning or losing games?

Nothing at all. The NCAA just wanted to punish Penn State for their lack of action on Sandusky.

Oh yeah that thing but what did any of that have to do with winning or losing games?

Nothing at all. The NCAA just wanted to punish Penn State for their lack of action on Sandusky.

OIC....THE NCAA need to police themselves.

JMO,

But I just cannot believe he didn't know what was going on. But I guess we will never know.

He knew of one incident, at least.

• Like 1

JMO,

But I just cannot believe he didn't know what was going on. But I guess we will never know.

Plus,

He past away so quick after the reports started coming out. I think his conscious got the best of him.

• Like 1

I dont like the idea of taking the wins away from the innocent (players). He'd be the winningest coach cause he coached for 492 years, Im not sure but dont think his winning % was the highest ever. Im sure the NCAA didnt want him honored for obvious reasons.

I think they should have given that program the death penalty for the despicable things that happened and that so many looked the other way and even helped facilitate it when there was no excuse for not knowing. But the games happened and they were not won with rule breaking regarding actual play, eligibility, etc, so I don't know how you vacate the wins, legitimately.
  • Like 2

I don't understand how the NCAA can just negate wins. When they take away those wins, do they go back and recalculate the records of every team Penn State played, and give the win to them? I mean, those games were still played, right? Are they all turned into ties? Do we just pretend they never happened? Are the losers cleansed of the loss from their records?

Is just stupid. Someone won those games. Claiming otherwise is just factually wrong.

Edited by KenJennings

I don't understand how the NCAA can just negate wins. When they take away those wins, do they go back and recalculate the records of every team Penn State played, and give the win to them? I mean, rose games were still played, right? Are they all turned into ties? Do we Jay pretend they never happened? Are the losers cleansed of the loss from their records?

Is just stupid. Someone win those games. Claiming otherwise is just factually wrong.

I agree.

I don't understand how the NCAA can just negate wins. When they take away those wins, do they go back and recalculate the records of every team Penn State played, and give the win to them? I mean, rose games were still played, right? Are they all turned into ties? Do we Jay pretend they never happened? Are the losers cleansed of the loss from their records?

Is just stupid. Someone win those games. Claiming otherwise is just factually wrong.

I agree.

I agree here. But what do you think about the Tour De France ones?

I agree.

In that case, aren't the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... place finishers at least advanced to account for the changes in running order?

I understand that it's sometimes necessary to adjust for cheating in the field of play, but someone still won, and things need to be adjusted accordingly.

I agree.

In that case, aren't the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... place finishers at least advanced to account for the changes in running order?

I understand that it's sometimes necessary to adjust for cheating in the field of play, but someone still won, and things need to be adjusted accordingly.

No, they decided that no one won those races.

I agree.

No, they decided that no one won those races.

Yeah... I'd rather see the cheater keep his trophy then.

JMO,

Inexcusable. Unforgivable.

Joe Pa: winningest loser.

• Like 3

JMO,

Inexcusable. Unforgivable.

Joe Pa: winningest loser.

And hes winningest due to longevity. His winning % is nowhere near the top, even of famous peers. F-ck him and his legacy.

I don't understand how the NCAA can just negate wins. When they take away those wins, do they go back and recalculate the records of every team Penn State played, and give the win to them? I mean, those games were still played, right? Are they all turned into ties? Do we just pretend they never happened? Are the losers cleansed of the loss from their records?

Is just stupid. Someone won those games. Claiming otherwise is just factually wrong.

I agree that it was stupid. All it accomplished was to make Paterno a symnpathetic character in the whole thing, something he did not deserve.