Will we ever see full unedited footage of the ESL show and the GUP live show?

fraroc

The missing songs have to exist somewhere on video, I would love to see the Subdivisions, The Body Electric, Red Barchetta, and Red Lenses from the GUP live show. I wonder why those songs were even cut in the first place.

When the original GUP Live show appeared on MTV (yes, gasp, once MTV showed Rush) I seemed to recall it being very close to 60 minutes - so I'm guessing any editing was done to fit within that time frame.

If that was the case, I think the 60 minutes that was chosen was a pretty good selection. Still, though, it would be nice to see the rest.

PS - Way back in those days, concerts were rarely released in their entirety.

Clem

I just spoke with Neil, and he said no fuckiin way! Ain't happenin.

Releasing the footage would require him actually giving a shit about his fans.

And he's made it rather clear what he thinks.

Edited by fraroc

hes a big baby. avoiding his fans. hate to see him survive prison.. he wouldn't make it too well in there.. Then he would learn he didnt have it so bad on the outside.. see what money can do.. Bet before he had money he was eager to sign autographs.. and chat with fans..

hes a big baby. avoiding his fans. hate to see him survive prison.. he wouldn't make it too well in there.. Then he would learn he didnt have it so bad on the outside.. see what money can do.. Bet before he had money he was eager to sign autographs.. and chat with fans..

To defend him, I have heard stories that he always had social anxiety.

I can never tell if you're putting us on.

I can never tell if you're putting us on.

What do you mean?

How much do you wanna bet? He really likes fans, just not pesky Delta Bravos like yourself. I doubt a man of his character worries too much about prison. How did you like it, convict?

I'm curious if any of the tapes that they made for a live album (from the Permanent Wave tour) still exist...

Given that a live version of TSOR showed up on Rock Band and a live version of Overture/Temples showed up on the 2112 box set -- both from Manchester, I'd say the odds are godd they have at east one full PeW show in the vault.

• Like 1

I keep wishing other '80s video releases will have a Dio - Live Sacred Heart type upgrade to them but it never happens except with that Dio show, which sadly wasn't that great. If you haven't seen it, the Dio concert to which I refer was a standard mid-80s VHS concert release that was about 70 minutes. They did a blu-ray version of it last year which was properly widescreen and had the rest of the concert added. It looked and sounded great even if the performance was mediocre so this kind of thing has been done.

I'm curious if any of the tapes that they made for a live album (from the Permanent Wave tour) still exist...

Given that a live version of TSOR showed up on Rock Band and a live version of Overture/Temples showed up on the 2112 box set -- both from Manchester, I'd say the odds are godd they have at east one full PeW show in the vault.

I also talked to a former roadie on Facebook (not saying who in case people decide to go seek him out, and bother him...he's been pretty nice with info) who said that they did do a few in the earlier years with mobile trucks, but who knows what's survived after all these years. Not to mention what was done without their "permission" at a few of the venues that just taped things (Pink Pop, The Agora, The Capitol Theater)

I've been hanging onto the fact that some of this stuff will eventually come out after they decide to officially hang it up.

• Like 1