Jump to content


Neurotica vs. Neurotica

... Beat

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Neurotica vs. Neurotica (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

  1. Rush - Neurotica (7 votes [43.75%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 43.75%

  2. King Crimson - Neurotica (9 votes [56.25%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 56.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 len(songs)

len(songs)

    The Archivist

  • Members
  • 14676 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Interests:Not being Not

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

So... Rush's Neurotica (Roll The Bones, 1991) or King Crimson's Neurotica (Beat, 1982)? I have to go with KC's by a mile:



:7up:

Sponsored Post

#2 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 101926 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:Numbers & Codes!

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

Neurotica > Actual Neurosis > Neurotica

#3 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

King Crimson's is really cool, but I prefer Rush's

#4 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27921 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

They are both pretty bad in my view...

#5 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 63877 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostNarpski, on 12 January 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

They are both pretty bad in my view...
Posted Image

^^^ What Geddy thought while considering backing vocal fill for the chorus.

#6 micgtr71

micgtr71

    Axe Slinger

  • Members
  • 5021 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Trafalmadore
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

The Crimson version is more palatable for me but they are both indicative of the bottom of the barrell regarding each band's output.

#7 len(songs)

len(songs)

    The Archivist

  • Members
  • 14676 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Interests:Not being Not

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

View Postmicgtr71, on 12 January 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

The Crimson version is more palatable for me but they are both indicative of the bottom of the barrell regarding each band's output.
Hmmm... I can see what you mean but I like the track... in fact, I like Beat as a whole (barring the last two tracks). I mean, it's no Discipline, and it sure as he'll isn't Red/LTIA, but I find it at least mildly enjoyable nonetheless.

#8 grasbo

grasbo

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 982 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:australia
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

I love early 70sCrimson but the rest leaves me cold.I love RTB and I love Neurotica.

#9 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10647 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:09 PM

Beat is my favorite of those 3 actually. Nor a bad tune.

I voted for Belew but i love both songs.

#10 micgtr71

micgtr71

    Axe Slinger

  • Members
  • 5021 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Trafalmadore
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

View Postlen(songs), on 12 January 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Postmicgtr71, on 12 January 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

The Crimson version is more palatable for me but they are both indicative of the bottom of the barrell regarding each band's output.
Hmmm... I can see what you mean but I like the track... in fact, I like Beat as a whole (barring the last two tracks). I mean, it's no Discipline, and it sure as he'll isn't Red/LTIA, but I find it at least mildly enjoyable nonetheless.

Beat has some great tunes on it. I enjoy most of it and feel the same way as you. This version of Crim was better live for me.

#11 len(songs)

len(songs)

    The Archivist

  • Members
  • 14676 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Interests:Not being Not

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

View Postmicgtr71, on 13 January 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

View Postlen(songs), on 12 January 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Postmicgtr71, on 12 January 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

The Crimson version is more palatable for me but they are both indicative of the bottom of the barrell regarding each band's output.
Hmmm... I can see what you mean but I like the track... in fact, I like Beat as a whole (barring the last two tracks). I mean, it's no Discipline, and it sure as he'll isn't Red/LTIA, but I find it at least mildly enjoyable nonetheless.

Beat has some great tunes on it. I enjoy most of it and feel the same way as you. This version of Crim was better live for me.
MUCH better live - Absent Lovers is one of my favorite KC releases (though, again, not quite on the LTIA/Red level).

#12 micgtr71

micgtr71

    Axe Slinger

  • Members
  • 5021 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Trafalmadore
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

View Postlen(songs), on 13 January 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

View Postmicgtr71, on 13 January 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

View Postlen(songs), on 12 January 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Postmicgtr71, on 12 January 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

The Crimson version is more palatable for me but they are both indicative of the bottom of the barrell regarding each band's output.
Hmmm... I can see what you mean but I like the track... in fact, I like Beat as a whole (barring the last two tracks). I mean, it's no Discipline, and it sure as he'll isn't Red/LTIA, but I find it at least mildly enjoyable nonetheless.

Beat has some great tunes on it. I enjoy most of it and feel the same way as you. This version of Crim was better live for me.
MUCH better live - Absent Lovers is one of my favorite KC releases (though, again, not quite on the LTIA/Red level).

We are definitely on the same page. Absent Lovers is fantastic. 72 to 74 Crim is my absolute favorite.

#13 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 83660 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:04 AM

Rush - Neurotica

#14 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 101926 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:Numbers & Codes!

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:05 AM

Still siding with King Crimson here :yes:

Edited by Mr. Not, 19 October 2015 - 05:05 AM.


#15 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 77463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:50 AM

Since I have never heard the KC version, I'll choose that one.

#16 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21926 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

The Rush version, which isn't saying a lot.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ..., Beat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users