It's "The Final Countdown!" The Official Europe Thread! Cheesy Hair Metal? John Norum Is A Guitar Beast!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys! I know you think that Europe is a crappy pop band from the Eighties but let's revisit this incredible hard rock band!

The early shit is amazing. "Europe" self titled and then "Wings Of Tomorrow." John is all over those two albums.

Actually they recorded "The Final Countdown" with Norum but he was so pissed off because the album was so poppy he fuckking left!!

I met Europe at Tower Records back then. They were all a bunch of Swedish dicks. I pulled out a big ass poster for them to sign and they started talking in their own language and they started laughing at me. They all signed my poster but it was really lame.

Anyway back on topic.

After "The Final Countdown" they put out a few more albums of shit.

But then years later Norum came back into the band and they started to write real hard rock songs again.

I just picked up EUROPE "Live At Sweden Rock." It's fuckking incredible!!

Not only does the band kick ass live to this day they had two special guests!! Scott Gorham and Michael Fuckking Schenker!!!!

You guys need to let the Eighties Europe go and get this live album. It's also on bluray! I was blown away!

Check it out!!!

Come on guys!!! "OPEN YOUR HEART!" LOL!

OPEN YOUR FUCKINGG EARS!

Europe are one of the best bands if their era!

Stupid naysayers and their poopmouths.

I say EAT MY POO!

Mick.

Edited by Segue Myles

I saw Europe open for Def Leppard, in the summer of 1988. :unsure: Was great at the time (I was 15)...but my tastes have moved on just a bit since then.

:outtahere:

I love Europe's first two albums, but I'm no fan of "The Final Countdown", "Out of This World", "Prisoners in Paradise" or the albums they have released since their come back in 2004.

You said it all man! You are right on the money. The first two albums are awesome.

Then when Norum came back into the band they started to ROCK again!!!!

Not like that crappy hit "Rock The Night." "ROCK NOW ROCK THE NIGHT INTO THE MORNING LIGHT"

Something like that!

:eh: Never heard of them. Shocker I know.... :sigh:

Yeah Narp you don't seem like a hair metal guy. I think you might like some early Jane's Addiction albums.

Pendragon? Neo Prog!!!

Narp and hair don't get along that well.

• Like 2

:eh: Never heard of them. Shocker I know.... :sigh:

Yeah Narp you don't seem like a hair metal guy. I think you might like some early Jane's Addiction albums.

Pendragon? Neo Prog!!!

Narp and hair don't get along that well.

Hahahahahaha! That's a good one! :eyeroll:

Holy shite, they did it again. After the brilliant War Of Kings (2015), Europe has just released their new one Walk The Earth. This album is f***in' killer! Straight forward classic hard rock. A lot of references to Deep Purple, UFO and Rainbow. If you haven't heard this, buy it now!
  • Like 2

Holy shite, they did it again. After the brilliant War Of Kings (2015), Europe has just released their new one Walk The Earth. This album is f***in' killer! Straight forward classic hard rock. A lot of references to Deep Purple, UFO and Rainbow. If you haven't heard this, buy it now!

Thank you, will visit and have to agree about wadr of kings

• Like 1

My Japanese cd/dvd just came today!!!!

• Like 1