For Segue and Mick and possibly some others....

Narps

I guess its to late to scratch out "and possibly some others" from the thread title at this point.... ;)

:laughing guy:

Me and Segue are the only 2 fans.......it's ok. don't care. It's better then just me posting in this thread over and over and over, lol

Mick

I see Rod lurking so maybe he will join in as well.... :huh: :LOL: :outtahere:

Hell there was an Abba thread that generated more interest..........i'll repeat that.........GOD DAMN ABBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry Segue.)

Mick

Bluefox, I forgive you. Haha

• Like 1

I guess its to late to scratch out "and possibly some others" from the thread title at this point.... ;)

Me and Segue are the only 2 fans.......it's ok. don't care. It's better then just me posting in this thread over and over and over, lol

Mick

Hell there was an Abba thread that generated more interest..........i'll repeat that.........GOD DAMN ABBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry Segue.)

Mick

I enjoy some Abba.......just makin' a point, lol

Mick

Mick

(sorry Segue.)

Mick

I enjoy some Abba.......just makin' a point, lol

Mick

I would of thought Toto would have a bigger audience amongst Rush fans. No lie, Jeff Porcaro was a better drummer than Peart, Lukather moves me more than Lifeson, Rush have better albums and songs on the whole, but fans of stellar musicianship should be able to hear the greatness of Toto. ABBA deserve the love they get, but Toto are only uncool because thats what the world was told to think back when Rolling Stone seemed to actually influence the masses.

And Toto's rencent few albums......poland included......blows away any Recent Rush. Sorry it just does. Toto is now the better creative unit. in my book.

Mick

Why be sorry? From Tambu onwards, their was no competition. Hell, I'd maybe go as far back as The Seventh One (better than Roll The Bones, equal to Presto, maybe even better!), Rush became generic, Toto pushed the boundaries of their sound (the hard rock of Kingdom Of Desire sounds natural, Counterparts sounds forced; Mindfields may not be classic Toto, but it sounds a lot better than Test For Echo; Through The Looking Glass is better than Feedback; Falling In Between is better than VT, SA and CA.)

Rush are the greater band but Toto stepped it up just as Rush lost focus.

• Like 1

Actually, Fahrenheit onwards, Toto were on fire. I forgot Fahrenheit momentarily (silly Seggerz!).

Mick

At least you have someone to talk to about Toto. I've been looking for a Police fan to gush with and, for the most part, have been talking to myself. I do find it mind boggling that a Rush fan would like John Denver more than The Police. I know I've already said that, but I can't tell you how astonishing I find that.

Anyway....be grateful you have another person to gush with.

Maybe a Police fan will show up .........

• Like 1

Lorraine, let me check out the police more.

Everything I have heard is stellar!

I just listened to mindfields a couple of days ago. Even low point Toto is better then modern Rush.

Make no mistake I adore rush but since the 90's it really does sound like their spark died.

..................................Zumbi?

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I just listened to mindfields a couple of days ago. Even low point Toto is better then modern Rush.

Make no mistake I adore rush but since the 90's it really does sound like their spard died.

Mick

What's a "spard"?

Make no mistake I adore rush but since the 90's it really does sound like their spard died.

Mick

What's a "spard"?

Spark.......lol i fixed it.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mindfields has a few great tracks (I am a slut for a bit of After You've Gone), but High Price Of Hate should have been rejected.

I hate saying it, but Kimball ruined the album. After Tambu I see Mindfields as a major letdown (but as you said, still good.)

Although Kimball redeemed himself on Falling In Between to be fair.

• Like 1

Mick

What's a "spard"?

Spark.......lol i fixed it.

Mick

For what it's worth, their manager would agree with you.

I'll leave you two to your Toto discussion now. :hi:

• Like 1

Segue.....what do you think of Isolation? They're good songs but i can't stand the singer.......wrong choice boys.

Mick

Top three album for me. Love it!

Endless, How Does It Feel, Carmen and Lion are amazing.

Endless is my favourite Toto song.

Segue.....what do you think of Isolation? They're good songs but i can't stand the singer.......wrong choice boys.

Mick

Really.......i must check again, lol

no i like the songs but man that singer is......my ears don't like, lol

Mick

• Like 1

It's on now, lol

Mick

But I am glad he lasted the one album.

• Like 1

Mick

At least you have someone to talk to about Toto. I've been looking for a Police fan to gush with and, for the most part, have been talking to myself. I do find it mind boggling that a Rush fan would like John Denver more than The Police. I know I've already said that, but I can't tell you how astonishing I find that.

Anyway....be grateful you have another person to gush with.

Maybe a Police fan will show up .........

I am sure Segue will join you soon. I have never really been a fan. I have two beautiful barely played vinyl copies of Zenyatta Mondatta in my collection. Not sure how I got two of them. I know I didn't buy either one. Mrs Narpski must have bought one of them. I inherited some of her albums long ago and some of them are actually good.. :huh:
  • Like 2

Mick

Mick

Forget about the album. How about Endless? Yay or nay?

Mick

Mick

BIG yay. True highlight.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

BIG yay. True highlight.

Mick

The song that made me THE TOTO FAN I AM TODAY.

I forgive the record a lot just because of that song. I love the album, but it is only down to How Does It Feel and Endless that I raise it just a tad above IV and the debut.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1