Boston on list for 2024 Summer Olympics

Xanadoood

This would be a terrible idea. I pray Rome gets it.

Yes I could see that if one lives in Boston. So since I don't anymore and live far south in Florida I hope BEANTOWN is the choice.

Yes I could see that if one lives in Boston. So since I don't anymore and live far south in Florida I hope BEANTOWN is the choice.

And that's just who's pulling for it, people who don't live or work here. My office is in the Financial District, and I will not be retired between now and 2024. No thanks.

• Like 1

And that's just who's pulling for it, people who don't live or work here. My office is in the Financial District, and I will not be retired between now and 2024. No thanks.

Yes, isn't that the case with most cities that host these games. The people that live and work there would rather to have it elsewhere than deal with the headaches it will cause for a month in the heat of summer.

Yes, isn't that the case with most cities that host these games. The people that live and work there would rather to have it elsewhere than deal with the headaches it will cause for a month in the heat of summer.

I wouldn't mind renting out my house and taking a trip to Europe during the Games with the proceeds, but they're not coming here. And I'm perfectly OK with that.

I wouldn't mind renting out my house and taking a trip to Europe during the Games with the proceeds, but they're not coming here. And I'm perfectly OK with that.

I'm sure some would do the very same thing......I have family that live in Worcester...stay with them and visit the sites for the games.

I don't blame you . Not to mention the tremendous cost (usually the taxpayer)

I don't blame you . Not to mention the tremendous cost (usually the taxpayer)

Well, at least Montreal got a nice, cheap, multipurpose stadium out of the 1976 Olympics!

I honestly don't know why any city bids for the Olympics. The costs (economic, social, political) are ridiculously high and the dividend is extremely short lived and not worth the energy. Plus, to bid on an Olympic games, you have to get in bed with the Olympic Committee.... and the OC makes Congress seem like right honorable gentlemen.
  • Like 1

More than a month. The construction will take years. If it were just the period of time surrounding the games, it would be an inconvenience, but it would be relatively brief.