Driving with Rush

R2U1S1H2

I don't do that anymore. Too old. :) It would look a little silly for a sixty year old to be driving around with Rush blasting from her car, don't you think?

Wow you're really into this being old thing aren't you. Most of us here are 10 or less years younger than you but you sound like you're our mother!

There's a big difference in how you think at fifty and what you will think at sixty. Especially when people start dying around you left and right, and the obituaries are one third full of people born in the same year as you.

I have a few pet peeves. One of them is someone who isn't young anymore trying to act cool. It just doesn't work.

Your generation may be different.

Being handicapped my body feels about a billion sometimes. I think about aging too, and i'm 29

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I don't do that anymore. Too old. :) It would look a little silly for a sixty year old to be driving around with Rush blasting from her car, don't you think?

Wow you're really into this being old thing aren't you. Most of us here are 10 or less years younger than you but you sound like you're our mother!

There's a big difference in how you think at fifty and what you will think at sixty. Especially when people start dying around you left and right, and the obituaries are one third full of people born in the same year as you.

I have a few pet peeves. One of them is someone who isn't young anymore trying to act cool. It just doesn't work.

I know what you mean, but I think it's worse when people give up on living. I think everyone should strive to stay mentally young.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, but I think it's worse when people give up on living. I think everyone should strive to stay mentally young.

I wouldn't trade my acquired wisdom and my experiences (not to mention my children/grandchildren!) for my years back!

its much nicer to be able to say I'm a 70's child.. I wear this avatar proudly! :)

• Like 1

I wouldn't trade my acquired wisdom and my experiences (not to mention my children/grandchildren!) for my years back!

its much nicer to be able to say I'm a 70's child.. I wear this avatar proudly! :)

Oh right, but that's not the same thing as shutting down to anything new and having new experiences.

• Like 1

Why? Rush is good for all ages.

• Like 2

I haven't listened to Rush on my usual daily commutes in quite some time; I usually tune into the news during my morning & evening drives.

However, I will say that "Different Stages" is EXCELLENT material for long drives. It's a favorite for sure.

I haven't listened to Rush on my usual daily commutes in quite some time; I usually tune into the news during my morning & evening drives.

However, I

will say that "Different Stages" is EXCELLENT material for long drives. It's a favorite for sure.

I would agree with DS, IF I COULD FIND THE DAMN cd. In my car I like to listen anything live it makes me feel I'm at one of the shows.

I'm not quite 60 (55 in a couple months), but I blast Rush in my truck all the time. Presto and RTB were playing most recently. As you get older embrace the idea of not giving a sh*t what other people think!

• Like 1

Don't worry about it, people will just assume that one of your kids left the volume blasting, and you're too old to figure how to turn the damn thing off! :haz:

• Like 2

Don't worry about it, people will just assume that one of your kids left the volume blasting, and you're too old to figure how to turn the damn thing off! :haz:

It's funny but I was thinking about the age thing in general today and I think 60 years old is not the same as it used to be. Years ago, 60 pretty much meant you were on deaths door, or close to it. Now people don't really think you're old until you're at least 80 or even 90.

• Like 1

It's funny but I was thinking about the age thing in general today and I think 60 years old is not the same as it used to be. Years ago, 60 pretty much meant you were on deaths door, or close to it. Now people don't really think you're old until you're at least 80 or even 90.

Good point, also because of medical science, people are more healthy for a longer time.

In other words, Lorraine should just let it all hang out. Put on the RUSH tee shirt, wear the Geddy sunglasses, and blast Hemispheres all the way to the bingo hall! :rush:

• Like 1

I've listened to just about every Rush album in my car at various times. Usually I go for the 80's albums (minus Presto) or some recent stuff like S&A or VT.

My car speakers struggle to pick up some of the quieter parts in AFTK, Hemispheres and Caress of Steel so I avoid those.

Good point, also because of medical science, people are more healthy for a longer time.

In other words, Lorraine should just let it all hang out. Put on the RUSH tee shirt, wear the Geddy sunglasses, and blast Hemispheres all the way to the bingo hall! :rush:

People still play bingo? :LOL:

Who said anything about acting cool? Liking what you liking and being who you want to be isn't th same thing as trying to act cool. Sorry you've got so many dead friends but lady, you're old because you want to be old.

People still play bingo? :LOL:

Don't you know it's a big fundraiser at your local Catholic schools. Those people really get into I know I was a volunteer.

• Like 1

Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. Sometimes Signals, but I usually skip Losing It. I don't wanna start crying and get in a crash!

Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. Sometimes Signals, but I usually skip Losing It. I don't wanna start crying and get in a crash!

I love losing it i belt it out play it so loud so that everyone can be haunted!!!!

I often like to play full albums, in order and in their entirety on my longer commutes. Currently in rotation: Power Windows.

I also have Power windows in next I'm thinking counterparts, but i see so much VT bashing that i might throw it in.

• Like 1

I usually listen to a Rush playlist I created. If I was doing albums while driving probably Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Power Windows and Hold Your Fire. Certainly not Hemispheres I don’t want to fall a sleep and hit a tree.

I try to avoid listening to Red Barchetta especially driving down 2 lane country roads. Somehow I find myself pushing and occassionally topping triple digits. :haz:
  • Like 2

Who said anything about acting cool? Liking what you liking and being who you want to be isn't th same thing as trying to act cool. Sorry you've got so many dead friends but lady, you're old because you want to be old.

:ranton: I can relate to the feelings Lorraine is talking about. If you don't then don't dump on her, we all are here to talk about our favorite group. :rantoff:

But I can't sit still when I crank up my stereo in my car, so if people think I look stupid, oh well. I am just having a great time, I do it for stress relief after a lousy day at work and singing is therapy for me.

When we take trips on the road, I always listen to Clockwork Angels all the way through, great driving album. Around town I will purposely drive around sometimes to finish GUP, Time Machine, Vapor Trails and S & N Live. I have one day a week at work where I can listen to my mp3 player and I always listen to at least one Rush album but it varies which one I choose.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

my mom usually listens to the radio in her car but she'll occasionally put on Moving Pictures. my dad just listens to boring AM radio talk shows.

...Moving Pictures. my dad just listens to boring AM radio talk shows.

Aughh one of those guys. Those guys then bloviate at places like the SOCN all day. They smile more and more as the time spent listening to Moving Pictures increases.

;)