Driving with Rush

R2U1S1H2

So it took me just over a whole year to listen to all Rush studio albums switching every four weeks.

I think now I'm just going to listen to my favourites, this is always a battle to choose which one is my favourite.

Since I listen to them in my car

I was curious what your favourite albums where to listen to while driving or commuting around your city?

I haven't listened to Rush on my usual daily commutes in quite some time; I usually tune into the news during my morning & evening drives.

However, I will say that "Different Stages" is EXCELLENT material for long drives. It's a favorite for sure.

• Like 3

I listen to them a lot when I'm driving. I probably listen to music the most in my car. I don't have any particular recommendations since I usually have all of the albums on shuffle. :)

I agree with Different Stages... today when I was driving home from work, I was listening to it really loud in the car. And when the song Driven started, I was driving like crazy, good thing the police was not around. :P
  • Like 3

I have not taken full Rush Albums out in the car for a while now, I am always buying new CD's to listen to (Right now the choice selection that wont leave my player is Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins). I remember being particularly fond of listening to clockwork angels start to finish on highway drives when it first came out. Meanwhile any of the live albums are good for a car trip too.
  • Like 1

I once listened to Cygnus X-1 and book II: Hemispheres on a trip through the mountains of BC while driving my Red Barchetta (Ford Ranger :D)
  • Like 1

I have a pretty long commute every day, so I can typically get through an entire Rush album going and another one coming home. In the Fall, shortly after joining this forum, I decided to listen to all of them in order (at least those that I have, I never got around to getting Snakes and Arrows). I had never done that before and I gained a new appreciation for their subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) style changes over the years. The one album that I still think has no right being lumped in with the others is Vapor Trails. It's just a horrible collection of mediocre songs. I actually had trouble listening to that one all the way through without falling asleep and winding up driving into a ditch somewhere.
  • Like 1

I don't do that anymore. Too old. :) It would look a little silly for a sixty year old to be driving around with Rush blasting from her car, don't you think?

You are NEVER to old for Rush :)

Yes, that's right, but I am talking about driving around with music blaring from my car. It looks silly after a certain age. At least to my way of thinking.

• Like 2

I don't do that anymore. Too old. :) It would look a little silly for a sixty year old to be driving around with Rush blasting from her car, don't you think?

Yes, that's right, but I am talking about driving around with music blaring from my car. It looks silly after a certain age. At least to my way of thinking.

I'm ten years behind you and male, but I still drive around with Rush blaring from my Stang. If others think I look silly, then up theirs. The only way I think it MIGHT look silly is if I were doing it on a day like today, when it's -5 degrees out there.

I've got loads of Rush compilation discs that I keep spinning in the car on a regular basis. I trade off now and then to other music, but Rush always comes back before too long.

• Like 4

I dunno, I do it all the time. :LOL:

• Like 1

no I don't think thats silly at all I'll be doing that till I die!!!! I want them to play Rush at my funeral!!!! Probably Fountain of Lamneth, but maybe Vapour trails....

I thought of a new thread what song do you want played at your funeral????

• Like 1

no I don't think thats silly at all I'll be doing that till I die!!!! I want them to play Rush at my funeral!!!! Probably Fountain of Lamneth, but maybe Vapour trails....

R2, that sounds like a swell thread. :codger:

• Like 1

R2, that sounds like a swell thread. :codger:

I once listened to Cygnus X-1 and book II: Hemispheres on a trip through the mountains of BC while driving my Red Barchetta (Ford Ranger :D)

I drive through BC a lot in the summer I like to start with 2112 then CoS GUP Counterparts anything that has awesome Rhythm and beats, stuff that reminds me of the mountains the lake and awesome times!!!!

• Like 1

best minivan ever blaring Rush down the highway!!!!!

Wow you're really into this being old thing aren't you. Most of us here are 10 or less years younger than you but you sound like you're our mother!

Not at all.

Wow you're really into this being old thing aren't you. Most of us here are 10 or less years younger than you but you sound like you're our mother!

There's a big difference in how you think at fifty and what you will think at sixty. Especially when people start dying around you left and right, and the obituaries are one third full of people born in the same year as you.

I have a few pet peeves. One of them is someone who isn't young anymore trying to act cool. It just doesn't work.

Your generation may be different.