2015 albums

adace1

Really looking forward to Faith No More's new one. Maybe a new Rival Sons album. Robert Deleo just tweeted that he, his brother and Kretz are back in the studio ( no Weiland though) :(

Deleo Bros.... !!!

Correct on UFO.

UFO, 'A Conspiracy of Stars'

UFO recorded a dozen new songs for their first studio effort since founders Phil Mogg, Paul Raymond and Andy Parker were joined by Vinnie Moore and Rob De Luca. (Release date: Europe, Feb. 23; U.S., March 3.)

here's a list...

Read More: 20 Most Anticipated Rock Albums of 2015 | http://ultimateclass...ackback=tsmclip

Edited by custom55

Well, what is most likely the album of the year for me is out

Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper is AMAZING.

So many good tracks of brilliant minimalism

Mr. Noah, Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker, and Boys Latin for the energy, Selfish Gene for the thoughtful, and Tropic Of Cancer for raw emotion. SO GOOD!

• Like 1

I'm not really looking forward to much but I'm sure stuff will come out that I don't know about.

New Maiden and New Anthrax should be pretty good at least

New Deep Purple as well :cool:

Edited by driven_to_xanadu

Mr. Noah, Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker, and Boys Latin for the energy, Selfish Gene for the thoughtful, and Tropic Of Cancer for raw emotion. SO GOOD!

I love the passion dude!

• Like 1

Angra - Secret Garden: Definitely one of the best power metal albums I've heard in a long time. For some reason Fabio Lione sounds way better here than on his Rhapsody albums.

Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Muse - ?

Dream Theater - ?

These. Secret Garden's 5th and 6th tracks are pretty weak though, my only complaint. Upper Levels is magnificent Angra. In ways, this album feels like a debut album, the third era of Angra: Lione. I hope it proves to be a better one that this first album gives off. Not a bad album though, not at all, just doesn't match any of the Edu albums... Maybe AC or Aqua.

Edu > Lione (potentially) > Andre

I love the passion dude!

Thanks. Wanna See what I've been raving about?

Tell Me What You Think

Edited by RushBoingo

Didn't expect the new Blind Guardian and Periphery albums to be as good as they are, but they're absolutely phenomenal!

On the other hand, the new Bjork album almost bored me to tears. Her last one was way better.

The new Napalm Death album is pretty decent. Lots of good riffs as expected but overall kinda samey.

The next major album I'm looking forward to is Hand. Cannot. Erase. Can't wait!!!

Edited by adace1
  • Like 1

I am pumped for the new Nightwish.

Based on the few pix I have seen, if I do not like the music (haha do not make me laugh!), the artwork will be good enough to justify the album purchase.

Otherwise, I am still excited for Toto's new release.

You. Have. No. Idea.

Here are some albums I've been digging recently:

1. Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase: His most diverse and possibly strongest offering yet. The previous three albums were all fantastic, but this is the first one that I really feel like coming back to often.

2. Enslaved - In Times: Can't really get into this one as much as their last album, but it's still really good. It just could have done with a bit more experimentation.

3. Barren Earth - On Lonely Towers: Any of you miss Opeth's death metal sound? Then you're gonna love this! It mixes doom, death, prog, and even a bit of jazz. The vocalist is top notch. An all around fantastic album.

4. Enforcer - From Beyond: Wonder what happens when you mix 80's-era Iron Maiden with 80's-era Metallica? Check this out and you'll see.

5. A Forest of Stars - Beware the Sword You Cannot See: Another very impressive release from the experimental black metal kings. Love the folky sections and melodramatic vocals. But it's a very dense album so I haven't completely connected with it yet.

6. Ensiferum - One Man Army: A massive improvement over their last album. A few songs are a bit too long and I could have done without the country track but otherwise it's a fun, headbanging album.

7. Ghost Bath - Moonlover: Gorgeous post-black metal that's reminiscent of Deafheaven. It'll likely be my black metal AOTY.

8. Moonspell - Extinct: Never been a huge fan of this band, but this album is just killer! It's already one of my favorite gothic metal albums.

The big release coming up for this month: Nightwish, can't wait!

Toto and VH live album (I'm a diehard so I don't give a hoot if Roth is being and older version of Roth haha). Toto XIV is going to be immense! Burn is a MASTERPIECE. How Joseph Williams is capable of that majestic vocal power I do not know...but it's phenomenal!

A little bit of a plug here haha, but my band Smooth Intentions also released our first EP this month! It's out on iTunes and available on CDBaby in MP3 320 and FLAC (for audio purists :P) if anyones keen to listen to next gen musos making some rock tunes!

Power Trio Rock stuff - Grooves, shreds, big harmonies, big riffage. Catchy hooks, lots of Rush, VH, Toto and Muse influences!....Speaking of MUSE, another new album I'm super keen for this year, Drones! Mutt Lange as producer, will be interesting!

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/transition-ep/id966803741

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smoothintentions