2015 albums

adace1

Happy New Year and welcome to my new thread!

Already got some good stuff for this year and plenty of releases to look forward to.

1. Napalm Death - Apex Predator/Easy Meat: Not quite on the level of Utilitarian but it delivers some damn good riffs and solid songs.

2. Angra - Secret Garden: Definitely one of the best power metal albums I've heard in a long time. For some reason Fabio Lione sounds way better here than on his Rhapsody albums.

3. Callisto - Secret Youth: An almost complete change of style for this post-metal band. Beautiful Alice in Chains style vocals and post-punk instrumentation. Thoroughly impressed by this.

Looking forward to:

Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Enslaved - In Times

Blind Guardian - Beyond the Red Mirror

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Ensiferum - One Man Army

Moonspell - Extinct

Scorpions - Return to Forever

A Forest of Stars - Beware the Sword You Cannot See

Enforcer - From Beyond

Muse - ?

Ghost - ?

Testament - ?

Deafheaven - ?

Kreator - ?

Paradise Lost - ?

David Gilmour - ?

Symphony X - ?

Kamelot - ?

Leprous - ?

Slayer - ?

Tremonti - ?

Saxon - ?

Katatonia - ?

Iron Maiden - ?

Dream Theater - ?

Metallica - ??

Tool - ???

Edited by adace1
  • Like 2

I had no idea that this year would see a new Nightwish release!

Thanks Adace!

• Like 1

New Tremonti? Muse? Paradise Lost?

I need to wake up in 2015. This could be a fabulous year for me!

• Like 1

They Might Be Giant's Dial A Song Project kicked off on Tuesday, and three albums will come of it, first one in April.

Owl City allegedly has one around the corner.

Dan Deacon has one out in February called Gliss Riffer that I am excited for,

OH YEAH! Panda Bear has a new album out this Tuesday, and I can barely wait. Panda Bear Vs The Grim Reaper. Already slated for me to be the best album of 2015 (based on concert previews, and singles released)

Anthrax has a new one coming out this year. Even though their last album stunk, Megadeth should be coming out with one since like Dream Theater they release new material every two years no matter what. Add Black Sabbath to the list as well. Ozzy mentioned in an interview that there will be one last album and tour for them coming this year.

Metal will rule 2015 :haz:

Thanks Adace!

Where the heck have you been? They announced their North American tour dates for this year months ago. I'll be seeing them in April. They're playing my city for the first time ever, so now I don't have to travel to Canada to see them like I had to do the three previous times I saw them.

Thanks Adace!

Where the heck have you been? They announced their North American tour dates for this year months ago. I'll be seeing them in April. They're playing my city for the first time ever, so now I don't have to travel to Canada to see them like I had to do the three previous times I saw them.

Um...Kansas, Yes and Rush have distracted me.

I didn't even an eye out for the new Toto album I have been so focused on past music.

NEW TOTO!

Might as well declare my album of 2015 right now:

Toto- XIV

Really looking forward to Steven Wilson's new album (first time I have ever pre-ordered one) and also to Riverside's new offering sometime this year.
  • Like 1

Well for some who know my music taste it shouldn't be a surprise that Steven Wilson's new album is my #1 anticipated album of 2015 and I've got it on pre-order. Can't say that I'm a Faith No More fan, but I've heard some of their stuff here and there and I like what I hear. Still, their new album is something I'll keep on my radar this year. Nightwish, I'll definitely check out their new album but due to setting my concert priorities for this year straight I made the decision to not go see them on this tour (I saw them live on their last US tour and that was great). Definitely will check out the new Katatonia album if they'll record one this year (my instincts say that they will given that each album from The Great Cold Distance onward had a 3 year gap in between), the new Dream Theater album of course, and the new Iron Maiden, Ghost and Tool albums if they wind up being released this year.

But the one album in 2015 I'm really looking forward that's probably going to fly past the radar for most (unless you're a fan any of the other bands these three musicians are a part of) to is fairly new power trio metal band called Sumac which consists of Aaron Turner (of Old Man Gloom, Mamiffer but most notoriously known as the frontman of Isis), Nick Yacyshyn of the Baptists, and Brian Cook currently of Russian Circles. Their new album The Deal comes out next month, and they've released a song from the album on Soundcloud. Based on that song alone, I think it's possibly the greatest thing Aaron Turner's done since Isis broke up.

Those are really the only new albums of 2015 I'm looking forward to at the moment but of course, I'm sure to find a bunch more new albums being released this year I'll check out/look forward to as the year goes by.

TOTO!

I will keep spamming this forum with TOTO until I either get bored or banned.