Led Zep - Physical Graffiti remaster coming soon

custom55

I love the companion disc on this one. The early version of "In The Light" goes to show you how they shed parts that didn't work, moved around the pieces, added some more, and walked away with an amazing song.
  • Like 1

The building on the cover of Phisical Graffiti is the same one featured on the Rolling Stones' video Waiting on a Friend.

Was it altered in the video as well?

I believe that this may be my favourite of the remasters so far.

Followed closely by "Led Zeppelin I".

Really looking forward to "Presence".

Also, hoping that "In Through the Outdoor" gets the deluxe treatment.

Just my opinion, but I think "In Through the Outdoor" is a criminally underrated album.

• Like 4

Just my opinion, but I think "In Through the Outdoor" is a criminally underrated album.

Agreed.

Let's not forget the three outtakes on Coda. Too many songs for a single album, not enough songs for a double album.

• Like 1

The building on the cover of Phisical Graffiti is the same one featured on the Rolling Stones' video Waiting on a Friend.

Altered? How so?

Altered? How so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Graffiti#Album_sleeve_design

Oh cool...I didn't know that. The Stones video only shows the building porch, so I guess it wasn't altered.

Gotta be pretty soon. I would say we will hear something within the month.

I'm also wondering if there will be a big box with some xtra goodies. I havent actually bought any of these yet because I am waiting to see if there will be a big box.

Does anyone here subscribe to SDE .com?

Does anyone know when "Presence", "In Though the Out Door" & "Coda" are being released?

I've been scanning the internet for the Presence release date and nothing....

Searched for an appropriate existing thread to ask my Kashmir question.

This is what Robert Plant had to say about the song:

It was an amazing piece of music to write to, and an incredible challenge for me. Because of the time signature, the whole deal of the song is…not grandiose, but powerful. It required some kind of epithet, or abstract lyrical setting about the whole idea of life being an adventure and being a series of illuminated moments. But everything is not what you see. It was quite a task, because I couldn’t sing it. It was like the song was bigger than me. http://www.openculture.com/2011/09/jimmy_page_tells_the_story_of_kashmir.html

What is the time signature of the song?

It was an amazing piece of music to write to, and an incredible challenge for me. Because of the time signature, the whole deal of the song is…not grandiose, but powerful. It required some kind of epithet, or abstract lyrical setting about the whole idea of life being an adventure and being a series of illuminated moments. But everything is not what you see. It was quite a task, because I couldn’t sing it. It was like the song was bigger than me. http://www.openculture.com/2011/09/jimmy_page_tells_the_story_of_kashmir.html

Depends who you ask. I've seen it as drums in 4/4, guitars and strings in 3/4. Seen it straight 4/4 with a section in 9/8. Seen it 6/4. Seen it 2/4 drums with guitars and strings in 3/4.

It was an amazing piece of music to write to, and an incredible challenge for me. Because of the time signature, the whole deal of the song is…not grandiose, but powerful. It required some kind of epithet, or abstract lyrical setting about the whole idea of life being an adventure and being a series of illuminated moments. But everything is not what you see. It was quite a task, because I couldn’t sing it. It was like the song was bigger than me. http://www.opencultu...of_kashmir.html

Depends who you ask. I've seen it as drums in 4/4, guitars and strings in 3/4. Seen it straight 4/4 with a section in 9/8. Seen it 6/4. Seen it 2/4 drums with guitars and strings in 3/4.

Thanks for answering me.

I am wondering because he says that because of the time signature, the song is powerful. I agree it's a powerful song, but I would never know it's because of the time signature.

If I had the album, one of our resident musicians could go through it with me and point out what it is that makes those time signature changes so powerful.