Marvel Studios' Ant-Man: First Teaser Trailer

Principled Man

Hmmmm.. Well if the movie is all like this (i.e. it knows how ridiculous the concept is) it just might work.

P.S: Does Paul Rudd ever age????? The guy has been 27 for 30 years now! The government needs to take some DNA from both Rudd and rob Lowe and get to work on that fountain of youth.

For goodness sake ENOUGH WITH THE SUPER HEROES!

Sorry, I know the fans of these sort of films are multiplying everyday like bacteria in a petridish, but come on Hollywood, challenge us with something else! Surely not every blockbuster has to involve men prancing around in spandex.

Gggrrr...

• Like 1

Sorry, I know the fans of these sort of films are multiplying everyday like bacteria in a petridish, but come on Hollywood, challenge us with something else! Surely not every blockbuster has to involve men prancing around in spandex.

Gggrrr...

^^^ Agreed....
  • Like 2

Gggrrr...

^^^ Agreed....

Glad I am not the only one.

Gggrrr...

No one is forcing you to go see them. If you don't like them, then ignore them. Your problem is solved.

• Like 1

Gggrrr...

No one is forcing you to go see them. If you don't like them, then ignore them. Your problem is solved.

I love cinema. I am fascinated by the artform, but Hollywood I think is so predictable and stagnant and is relying too much on franchises and not enough bold risks.

And just because this is an obscure hero doesnt make ot a bold risk

Gggrrr...

I love cinema. I am fascinated by the artform, but Hollywood I think is so predictable and stagnant and is relying too much on franchises and not enough bold risks.

You could say that The Guardians of the Galaxy was a bold risk that paid off in spades. In fact, I liked it more than most of the other superhero movies of late not named Captain America.

• Like 1

Gggrrr...

I've ignored teen pop for the past decade and a half and it's still around. Never underestimate the power of gullible people in big groups.

Some adaptations are good, don't get me wrong, but Hollywood needs to realize you can make a good movie that isn't a remake,reboot,adaptation et al. This is the reason why we're not getting great unintentional franchise starters like Back To The Future, Evil Dead and Star Wars because originality is an afterthought now. Plus, I have a feeling that it might not work since Edgar Wright bowed out of the project. Love the Cornetto trilogy of his. I would have loved to see his vision of it.

I :LOL: ed at the last line of the trailer, though.

Edited by invisible airwave

Hmmmm.. Well if the movie is all like this (i.e. it knows how ridiculous the concept is) it just might work.

P.S: Does Paul Rudd ever age????? The guy has been 27 for 30 years now! The government needs to take some DNA from both Rudd and rob Lowe and get to work on that fountain of youth.

He could be wearing a hairpiece like Rob. Props to those who know what movie I'm referencing. :LOL:

Gggrrr...

You could say that The Guardians of the Galaxy was a bold risk that paid off in spades. In fact, I liked it more than most of the other superhero movies of late not named Captain America.

I agree. I loved it.

• Like 1

The trailer looks pretty mediocre, but give Marvel's track record so far with phase 1 and 2 I'll gladly give them the benefit of the doubt.

As for those tired of Superhero Movies, there are plenty of other smaller films coming out which are original. Check out a local film festival -- those tend to have some awesome movies in them. Personally I'm tired of all the damn remakes and reboots, so I just don't go see them. At least Marvel goes for characters and properties that haven't been beaten to death on the big screen (yes I know it's because they don't have the rights to the big names but they're still pushing out new comics no one has heard of rather than make a billion iron man/captain america/hulk movies).

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

Gggrrr...

Yep, its the way the subject matter is handled. Hollywood seem bent on a tired but effective formula, thats becoming very boring with this genre, to me at least.

• Like 1

I don't think that it helps that a lot of Marvel comics from that era did follow that same general formula as well. If they're faithful to the comics and do an origin story the first movie will very similar in terms of events and plot devices. A ridiculous number of popular super heroes have dead/missing parents which drive the hero in some fashion.

Gggrrr...

dude who thinks the hunger games and harry potter are greater than the collective works of woody allen, ingmar bergman and stanley kubrick wants hollywood to challenge him with something besides hollywood movies? o__0

Gggrrr...

dude who thinks the hunger games and harry potter are greater than the collective works of woody allen, ingmar bergman and stanley kubrick wants hollywood to challenge him with something besides hollywood movies? o__0

No I don't.

My favourite director is Hayao Miyazaki, my top three films are Schindler's List, Gone With The Wind and Brief Encounter.

The Harry Potter films are mediocre, the Hunger Games franchise is at least entertaining on the level required for most action blockbusters.

But Bergmann, Allen, Miyazaki...just because I enjoy light entertainment does not mean I rank it as high art.

Gggrrr...

^^^ Agreed....

Glad I am not the only one.

:beathorse: MARVEL, et al :beathorse:

Gggrrr...

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I thought you said your favorite movie was leonard part 6?

Whats that?

I'm still a big fan of Superhero movies, but then I've been a reader of Marvel and DC since I was 10.

I'm especially enjoying the MCU series of movies, and love the fact that they all take place in the same continuity, with a whole bunch of movies, and now two TV shows, all happening in the same universe.

• Like 1