Last night in the States

The Analog Cub

Going downtown again today, this time to actually do some sightseeing since last time I went only cause I needed to get some stuff.

Downtown you say???

Maybe someone can fetch a youtube vid of that British sensation of the sixties, Petula Clark, singing Downtown.

Or the Rik Mayall version :LOL:

• Like 1

Another Petula Clark classic...

Don’t Sleep in the Subway

Lorraine, you should get Earl to start a Petula Clark appreciation thread for you in Music of the Spheres.

She had a string of hits in the mid sixties. I had all the 45s. :codger:

The last one she had...the name of it escapes me, but it was my favorite. I think. :unsure: It has been a very, very long time since I heard any songs by her.

Got back last night, just got enough free time to get back on TRF.

Went to London Friday afternoon and came back Sunday night. Did all of the usual touristy shit around Westminster like Big Ben, Eye, the Abbey, Buckingham, etc. Saw the changing of the guard.

Then we went over to the British museum. Not my type of thing but it was something to do, then we just walked around the rest of the day and had some very good Vietnamese food for dinner.

Then we got lit as f**k that night :LOL:

Sunday we went over to the Tower Hill area and got to check out the Tower of London and London Bridge, and took lots of pictures of the nearby landmarks like the Shard and Globe Theater.

Was definitely a fun trip that I'll never forget. Now I take a couple weekends off to relax and not spend so much damn money for a little bit. That and the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

This week the rest of the Cyclones and I are going to get together and figure out who's going where during our month off in April, then we'll split into groups.

During April, I'm planning on hitting up most of Western Europe with stops in Amsterdam/Rotterdam, Paris, Munich and the rest of Bavaria, Switzerland, all points of interest in Northern Italy down to Rome, and Barcelona. Should be tons of fun.

• Like 2

This week the rest of the Cyclones and I are going to get together and figure out who's going where during our month off in April, then we'll split into groups.

During April, I'm planning on hitting up most of Western Europe with stops in Amsterdam/Rotterdam, Paris, Munich and the rest of Bavaria, Switzerland, all points of interest in Northern Italy down to Rome, and Barcelona. Should be tons of fun.

Seriously?

That is fu***** awesome!! :haz:

Be safe and have a great time. :cheers:

Seriously?

Yes, mom.

• Like 1

Seriously?

Yes, mom.

:laughing guy:

Make sure home by ten. :madra: