Last night in the States

The Analog Cub

This week the rest of the Cyclones and I are going to get together and figure out who's going where during our month off in April, then we'll split into groups.

During April, I'm planning on hitting up most of Western Europe with stops in Amsterdam/Rotterdam, Paris, Munich and the rest of Bavaria, Switzerland, all points of interest in Northern Italy down to Rome, and Barcelona. Should be tons of fun.

Seriously?

That is fu***** awesome!! :haz:

Be safe and have a great time. :cheers:

Yes, mom.

:laughing guy:

Make sure home by ten. :madra:

f**k off :madra:

This week the rest of the Cyclones and I are going to get together and figure out who's going where during our month off in April, then we'll split into groups.

During April, I'm planning on hitting up most of Western Europe with stops in Amsterdam/Rotterdam, Paris, Munich and the rest of Bavaria, Switzerland, all points of interest in Northern Italy down to Rome, and Barcelona. Should be tons of fun.

Seriously?

Yes, mom.

Wait til' your father gets home! :rage:

Seriously?

Yes, mom.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f6/f6c01024e6305c12e3e9bb382cca3694a63d144e74cf66350ca75b297cd68c7a.jpg

• Like 2

Class has been going pretty uneventful up until yesterday, which will be forever known as The Day I Got Shat On. Two large and the only assignments I'll ever get this semester other than a final essay due at the end of March. One's due at the end of this month and the other's due at the end of April but it won't take more than a week to do, so it's laughable. Oh well! I got plenty of time on my hands over here...

This last Tuesday we all met and figured out who wants to do what for April and after much discussion, 2 people are going with me to explore Western Europe while a bunch of others are going out east towards Budapest and Prague.

My little group will be going on a literal round trip through Western Europe, going Birmingham-Amsterdam-Munich/Bavaria-Rome-Florence-Barcelona-Paris/Normandy. Today we met again and figured out all of the things we would like to do in each city or region. With that we were able to figure out how many days we wanted to spend in each area.

2 days in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. I am particularly excited for the canals and tulip fields.

4 days in Munich/Bavarian region. Castles and beer and lederhosen and shit.

3 days in Rome.

2 days in Florence.

3 days in Barcelona.

3 days in Paris/Normandy. Looking forward to seeing the beaches of Normandy and what's leftover from D-Day. My dad told me he went there during one of his European tours on the sub and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Flying back into London then taking a bus or train back to Birmingham since it's ungodly expensive to fly into BHX from Paris for whatever reason.

Since Tuesdays are the cheapest days to book flights and hostels, we'll be meeting again on Tuesday to get everything booked! Thankfully it's really easy to find dirt cheap plane tickets over here.

• Like 3

Class has been going pretty uneventful up until yesterday, which will be forever known as The Day I Got Shat On. Two large and the only assignments I'll ever get this semester other than a final essay due at the end of March. One's due at the end of this month and the other's due at the end of April but it won't take more than a week to do, so it's laughable. Oh well! I got plenty of time on my hands over here...

This last Tuesday we all met and figured out who wants to do what for April and after much discussion, 2 people are going with me to explore Western Europe while a bunch of others are going out east towards Budapest and Prague.

My little group will be going on a literal round trip through Western Europe, going Birmingham-Amsterdam-Munich/Bavaria-Rome-Florence-Barcelona-Paris/Normandy. Today we met again and figured out all of the things we would like to do in each city or region. With that we were able to figure out how many days we wanted to spend in each area.

2 days in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. I am particularly excited for the hookers and blow..

3 days in Rome.

2 days in Florence.

3 days in Barcelona.

3 days in Paris/Normandy. Looking forward to seeing the beaches of Normandy and what's leftover from D-Day. My dad told me he went there during one of his European tours on the sub and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Flying back into London then taking a bus or train back to Birmingham since it's ungodly expensive to fly into BHX from Paris for whatever reason.

Since Tuesdays are the cheapest days to book flights and hostels, we'll be meeting again on Tuesday to get everything booked! Thankfully it's really easy to find dirt cheap plane tickets over here.

Fixed

• Like 1

2 days in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. I am particularly excited for the hookers and blow..

3 days in Rome.

2 days in Florence.

3 days in Barcelona.

Fixed

Caught me :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Seriously?

Yes, mom.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f6/f6c01024e6305c12e3e9bb382cca3694a63d144e74cf66350ca75b297cd68c7a.jpg

:LMAO:

Damn it, why did I waste my youth? Have a great trip around western Europe. Consider stopping by Denmark too :)

Damn it, why did I waste my youth? Have a great trip around western Europe. Consider stopping by Denmark too :)

My wife and I like watching Rick Steves' Europe (https://www.ricksteves.com/) and the episode with Denmark was really cool. Sweden looked pretty amazing too. If we go, we will hit likely Spain (my wife's mother was born there) and Italy (a lot of my dad's uncles married Italians :)) I have no interest in France, but would love to see Denmark, Sweden, The Netherlands and Germany too.... most of my mom's family is from that area. Mostly Netherlands and Germany, but some Danish and Swiss too :)

• Like 1

My wife and I like watching Rick Steves' Europe (https://www.ricksteves.com/) and the episode with Denmark was really cool. Sweden looked pretty amazing too. If we go, we will hit likely Spain (my wife's mother was born there) and Italy (a lot of my dad's uncles married Italians :)) I have no interest in France, but would love to see Denmark, Sweden, The Netherlands and Germany too.... most of my mom's family is from that area. Mostly Netherlands and Germany, but some Danish and Swiss too :)

If you go to those other places I think it would be a crying shame not to visit France too :). But definitely go see Denmark :D

Edit: Did you see the episode "Denmark Beyond Copenhagen"? Aarhus is the city I live in :)

Edited by The Analog Grownup

2 days in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. I am particularly excited for the canals and tulip fields.

3 days in Rome.

2 days in Florence.

3 days in Barcelona.

Have fun!

Pretty cool your visiting Normandy. :madra:

2 days in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. I am particularly excited for the anals and two lips feel.

:eh:

2 days in Amsterdam/Rotterdam. I am particularly excited for the anals and two lips feel.

:eh:

You f*cker :16ton:

Trip slightly modified. Instead of flying over to Amsterdam we're taking a 12 hour bus ride. Unknown if we're going through a tunnel or over a ferry.

Then we also booked the flight from Amsterdam-Munich such that it has a connection in Milan, cause it was half the price of the cheapest direct flight option. The connection in Milan is 15 hours so we booked a hostel for the night there. Combine that and whatever food we eat in Milan and it's still cheaper than the other flight. So we get a half-day to walk around Milan as well.

In other words, we win.

Got the hostels booked today, and with that I am completely finished booking stuff for the April trip. Kept everything just under $900 USD. Don't have to worry over that anymore. Time to focus on planning the actual fun stuff we'll be doing.

Also going to Worcester with some other guys on Sunday, then Hereford for the cider museum.

Nobody gives a shit about the Green Bay Packers! Let Aaron Rodgers get injured for cryin out loud!!!

:yes: