In The End

Lorraine

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the song?

2. 2. If so, which version?

• Fly By Night
    • ATWAS
    • Bootleg Version (Please mention name of bootleg in your post!)

If JARG digs the song I feel even better about it. For some reason I just trust this mans judgement. There are all kinds of cool things going on musically in the ATWAS version that I couldn't explain obviously from a musical perspective. I just know I love it. Numero uno in my book and the By-Tor lead in is icing...

JARG voted for the FBN version.

That's because you didn't make the 2nd question multiple choice! ;)

Yes, I like the song.

and.. I voted the Fly By Night version. FBN takes me back to the house I used to rent when my roommates and I all sort of discovered Rush at the same time in 1991, and my buddy dug out his FBN cassette. It played over and over during indoor volleyball tournaments in our 40 ft living room with the cathedral ceiling, and blasting outside while throwing horseshoes. I miss that house. I should have bought it.

LOVE the ATWAS version :)

Rushman, I'm surprised you weren't there.

missed it by that much. my first tour was AFTK.

Oh yeah!! :codger: :7up:

Love this tune. ATWAS for me. I do love the studio version as well.

It's another one of those songs that isn't in standard tuning. Sounds like they did that with the tape too. I've never noticed the very low note before. I'll have to go listen to the song. :)

Check the very last bass note of the opening bit.

To me, the bass sound is a bit weird - I almost hear a subtle octave-y kind of thing, like in Jeremy by Pearl Jam, but not as prominent.

Oh okay, I hear it. Never noticed that before. It does sound a bit like a floppy tuned down string. :)

41-0. Super. As many folks around here that don't seem to like the first couple to few releases this kind of still surprises me but in a good way.... :)