In The End

Lorraine

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the song?

2. 2. If so, which version?

• Fly By Night
    • ATWAS
    • Bootleg Version (Please mention name of bootleg in your post!)

I'm not sure I understand why this song is singled out? I must've missed something. I like all versions of it. Especially the one on Fifth Order of Angels.
  • Like 1

My favorite Rush recording ever. Not even sure why but it just hits me just right where I live. Live of course off ATWAS....

Well done Lorraine.... :clap:

• Like 2

I must've missed something.

We all seem to have listened to it today. Simple as that. I also don't recall a thread asking about it specifically either... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

We all seem to have listened to it today....

Oh, is that what it is? I thought maybe there was a huge debate in some thread I missed. Hard to imagine since the song seems to be pretty universally liked.

Oh, is that what it is? I thought maybe there was a huge debate in some thread I missed. Hard to imagine since the song seems to be pretty universally liked.

Well, we thought that about Hemispheres too.

You learn a lot from threads like this. :popcorn:

• Like 2

I'm not sure I understand why this song is singled out? I must've missed something. I like all versions of it. Especially the one on Fifth Order of Angels.

See what I mean?

I rest my case.

You have a case? Is it made out of alligator skin? :LOL:

See what I mean?

I rest my case.

Don't tell anyone. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Alligators won't take kindly to it.

• Like 1

See what I mean?

I rest my case.

Don't rest your case yet. I revealed some evidence pertinent to this case. I enjoy your threads and to some of the other fine folks out there, they don't always have to have a reason or be explained. We are all bored apparently so lets just go with it.... :D
  • Like 1

Agreed. Lets further separate the "real" fans from the chaff.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

See what I mean?

I rest my case.

Don't tell anyone. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Alligators won't take kindly to it.

PETA :rage: .... Excluding domesticated animals of course... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Agreed. Lets further separate the "real" fans from the chaff.... :cheers:

Good idea. We will then submit our findings to Alex's son so he can post a list of names of the bogus fans on the official Rush website. ;)

• Like 1

I am sorry, Eagle. I missed this earlier that you mentioned the bootleg. I read the post, but for whatever reason, the last sentence didn't compute.

Edited by Lorraine

Just voted for the ATWAS version, just because for the feel of it and for some emotional experiences.

The vocal echoes at the end of In The End are not to beat. :smoke: :hail:

• Like 2

Just voted for the ATWAS version, just because for the feel of it and for some emotional experiences.

When I listened to the song today, the same part leaped out at me - the vocal echoes. Also, I love the way Geddy says in a soft low voice "One Two Buckle My Shoe".

All in all, I get the chills when I listen to the ATWAS version of the song.

• Like 2

Amen x 2.... :cheers: There is something very emotional for me about it. It helped carry me through my awkward, lonely teenage years....
  • Like 4