Only 22 days left until Fly By Night gets released on vinyl

YYZumbi

I have an original press NM fly by Night

Got it for $5

just listened to it

me --> jealous ..

• Like 1

Just listened to my original copy of FBN on vinyl. It's minty so I dont think I will replace it.

Bet they don't make them like that anymore. A lot of the older albums were heavy. Later, they began to make them chintzy.

I have the exact opposite experience. A lot of my older records from the 70s and 80s are flimsy.

Just listened to my original copy of FBN on vinyl. It's minty so I dont think I will replace it.

Bet they don't make them like that anymore. A lot of the older albums were heavy. Later, they began to make them chintzy.

I have the exact opposite experience. A lot of my older records from the 70s and 80s are flimsy.

That would be right. They started to make them flimsy at some point in the seventies.

That would be right. They started to make them flimsy at some point in the seventies.

I thought original pressings were fat but subsequent versions were skinny.. But the recent re-released stuff is fat like Rush ABC..

I thought original pressings were fat but subsequent versions were skinny.. But the recent re-released stuff is fat like Rush ABC..

I don't know. All I know is that the old albums were thick; albums produced after a certain time were not so.

I don't know. All I know is that the old albums were thick; albums produced after a certain time were not so.

All I know is Rush ABC is FAT! 180 gram fat. It's pretty juicy too!

All I know is Rush ABC is FAT! 180 gram fat. It's pretty juicy too!

It may be fat but if it's from an MP3 source as many believe, it will only sound as good as an MP3.

A better master on a "flimsy" record will sound better than a lesser master on a 200 gram record.

Lots of Rush vinyl here

https://thesoundofvi...ght/3MXU0000000

Might have to "refresh" some of mine, bit expensive though

Extended ending on By-Tor And The Snow Dog? What's up with that?

Hmmm.. didnt spot that before, I wonder if its the Archives version mentioned here

http://rush.wikia.co...nd_the_Snow_Dog

Could be. I'm going to pull out Fly By Night and the Archives Fly By Night and compare the two.

Lots of Rush vinyl here

https://thesoundofvi...ght/3MXU0000000

Might have to "refresh" some of mine, bit expensive though

Extended ending on By-Tor And The Snow Dog? What's up with that?

Hmmm.. didnt spot that before, I wonder if its the Archives version mentioned here

http://rush.wikia.co...nd_the_Snow_Dog

Could be. I'm going to pull out Fly By Night and the Archives Fly By Night and compare the two.

Did they sound any different?

read another review on amazon. said the vinyl sounds amazing..

The sound is flawless :)

But can you please explain something to me... on the label it says 180g (on the picture that you showed us) but on Rush website it says that the vinyls are suppose to be 200g. So what is it?

But can you please explain something to me... on the label it says 180g (on the picture that you showed us) but on Rush website it says that the vinyls are suppose to be 200g. So what is it?

Exchange rate. It's 180g US. ;)

• Like 1

I see this happening a lot. Truth be told I wouldn't worry about it because first of all it's only 20 grams, and that little won't make a noticeable difference unless your home stereo cost as much as a new car. Secondly a lot of records are made with a +/- 10 gram margin so in my view it kind of evens out.