Geddy's voice and the possibility of a new singer?

Different Circles

What is this fresh hell? Are there truly bona fide Rush fans who can envision other incarnations without any one of these three guys?

NO. For the 18 milliionth f*cking time. No one is suggesting to get rid of anyone.

But your all for having another singer?

Have you read any of my posts??? At all??? YES. And the band would still be the same. (Where have I heard that before). My suggestion was simply to bring a singer on tour (only), to sing a few older songs that Geddy apparently can't sing any more. And Geddy would still sing most of the songs.(I know I've said that at least three times already).

Geez. Is it ever possible to have a casual speculative conversation here without half the population (who apparently don't even bother to read the previous posts) getting unduly upset and treating their own viewpoints as common fact?

I think not. :outtahere:

no, lol

"best Yoda impression"

Highly sensitive fanbase Rush has.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

What is this fresh hell? Are there truly bona fide Rush fans who can envision other incarnations without any one of these three guys?

NO. For the 18 milliionth f*cking time. No one is suggesting to get rid of anyone.

Have you read any of my posts??? At all??? YES. And the band would still be the same. (Where have I heard that before). My suggestion was simply to bring a singer on tour (only), to sing a few older songs that Geddy apparently can't sing any more. And Geddy would still sing most of the songs.(I know I've said that at least three times already).

Geez. Is it ever possible to have a casual speculative conversation here without half the population (who apparently don't even bother to read the previous posts) getting unduly upset and treating their own viewpoints as common fact?

No one is upset,

Geddy is the only singer!! Get it?

You're splitting hairs on semantics. You ARE suggesting that someone besides Geddy sing the older songs...but you're adding the caveat that it'd be okay as long as Geddy was still there onstage playing instrumentation?You're suggesting that an ADDITIONAL singer would be just fine, not a REPLACEMENT singer. We get it. It still doesn't wash, but it doesn't matter, it'd never happen. But it's interesting you'd be okay with it. Geddy certainly wouldn't. :)

• Like 1

It´s nothing wrong with Geddy´s voice at all, it still sound great! And if Geddy is not singing anymore then its not Rush anymore!!!

Take that cotton out of your ears. :)

What´s that suppose to mean?

You are listening through rose colored ears...

Would you go see them live with another singer?

I wouldn't. would you?

When hell freezes over!! :geddy: :geddy: :geddy:

Well I disagree. I love Rush, and I will go see them if they tour no matter what. I like Rush so much that to me, there are basically two kinds of music in the world: Rush, and everything else. I would gladly welcome the addition of another singer on tour, for the simple fact that it would enable them to play some great old songs that Geddy struggles with at this point, and it would also preserve Geddy's voice for the newer songs, which he would still sing himself.

But I can view the big picture well enough to know that it doesn't come down to ME and what I want. As much as I really want Rush to add some of my favorite songs to their setlist, if it isn't what they want to do, I don't want to see it. I've learned over the years that the songs that sound best on tour are the ones that Rush really enjoy playing. So what I'm hoping is that Rush decides that they really want to play some great old stuff and their hearts will really be into it. And if that means adding an extra singer on tour I'm perfectly OK with that. I haven't really liked a setlist in a long time, but I still go to multiple shows on every tour. I'm not so selfish as to say that if Rush doesn't accommodate my personal feelings and preferences that I will scoff at and/or abandon them.

The bottom line is that no matter what approach Rush takes to the upcoming tour - added singer or no added singer/old songs or all new material/instrumentals or no instrumentals - I will not miss any opportunity I get to see the greatest band that ever lived. If you would I'm sorry for you… but happy that I'll have an easier time finding good tickets,

Good for you,

You will have an easier time finding tickets. Not many folks would show up. Not the die hards that's for sure. Any one who would pay top dollar for that is a fool. A different singer means seeing a different band. ;) :rush:

I agree with you! I would never go see them live if it´s not Geddy on base and vocals!

One of my friends over on Facebook posted this a little while ago. Thought it was interesting.

"Take a song like 'Freewill', where the end part is about as high as I can possibly sing. For some reason, that part is not very difficult for me. But if you take a song like 'Temples of Syrinx' from 2112, there is an intensity about that song that is really hard. Not only is it in a high key, it's relentless...So it really depends upon the song's key. Songs like 'Ghost Rider,' for example, and 'Ceiling Unlimited' are very difficult songs to sing. It's not just because they're very high in the vocal range, it's because they are very wordy and relentless. You need to catch your breath after them, which is when we'll play an instrumental tune. The balance of the show requires proper placement of the instrumental songs to help me catch my breath and keep my voice in shape..." —Geddy Lee

11) "Vapor Trail Afterglow: An Interview with Geddy Lee" - Bass Guitar Magazine, January 2003

• Like 1

That's interesting. If you listen to Geddy talk after singing In The End on ATWAS, you will notice he sounds out of breath. Now I know why.

Probably all that jumping around he was doing as well.

Eagle, you said you used to be in a Rush cover band- were you living in southwest Ohio at that time? I'm wondering what kinds of places you played, as I may be very familiar with them.

Eagle, you said you used to be in a Rush cover band- were you living in southern Ohio at that time? I'm wondering what kinds of places you played, as I may be very familiar with them.

Columbus and southern Ohio both. We did a lot of weddings believe it or not, bars and private parties.

Ideas for another signer?

Jacob Moon...the guy that did the solo Subvisions video...that guy can really sing.

I was really hoping for Chris Cornell to sing 2112 at the RRHOF, but I think he sounds pretty shredded these days so I'm glad that didn't happen.