The Police: One Of The Greatest Bands In The World? Klerk Kant? Andy Summers? Sting Shit? Love It Or Hate It? "ZENYATTA" IS EPIC! Copland Rules

RUSHHEAD666

The Longest topic title in TRF History! LOL!

Not much discussion on here on The Police. I saw one thread started back in 2009. Only 22 replies!

How pathetic! LOLbl

Come on gang! The Police RULE! Hell, even I can't get into "Ghost In The Machine." "Invisible Sun" is a bore! "Demolition Man" is lame.

Anyway maybe I am wrong yet again. Perhaps I need to put that record on again.

"Zenyatta" in my opinion is their apex. Their gem. Their masterpiece. Copland's drumming is so fuckking amazing. The album is a challenge to play. Well except for DO DO DO which is fun to play. I love the hi-hat accent to the splash cymbal near the end of the song.

Anyway I am listening to my MFSL gold cd of "Synchronicity" tonight. I still absolutely love this record.

Forget about "Every Breath You Take." The radio killed that song. I love the rest of the album!

"Miss Gradenko" is the best 2 minute song ever written. Copeland's drumming is epic.

"Wrapped Around Your Finger" is or was overplayed but there is no denying that once again Stewart's drumming is off the fuckking charts.

Do any of you have the Klerk Kant album? It's short but sweet! It's an undercover Stewart Copeland album.

Do you guys like any of the STING albums?

Just give me "The Blue Turtles" album and of course in my opinion his best album, "NOTHING BUT THE SUN!"

After that he lost me. "Soul Cages?" Boring.

Have you ever listened to the Andy Summers solo albums? I think he is on a few with Robert Fripp. Very good stuff.

He has a bunch of albums. Many I don not have.

Music is fuckking endless.

We could talk about Sting, Andy and Stewart all day and night long.

Not sure will this thread will go. Perhaps the young TRF generation could give a shit about this amazing three piece band.

Even Neil was influenced by the great Stewart Copeland. "New World Man" and "Vital Signs" right?

Anyway The Police RULE.

Sting's EGO is the size of this entire FORUM! I read that he can have an 8 hour orgasm with this wife.

WTF?????

Wow Sting! I sure wish I was "WALKING IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS!"

Stewart Copeland is my top three drummer of all time. WHAT A THREAD!!

NEiL PEART

SIMON PHILLIPS

STEWART COPELAND

TIM ALEXANDER

DAVE WECKL

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 5

I saw the Police Reunion Tours twice. Both with my dad. I thought they were fuckking incredible.

The second leg featured the great Elvis Costello who opened.

As Elvis started to begin sining "My Aim Is True" Sting came out slowly and chimed into the chorus and both Elvis and Sting sang that great song together. It was off the charts!!

Also I really loved Stewart's kit. A blue sparkle finish. Simply beyond beyond. Fuckking sparkle blue octobans!!!!! Really???

Blew my mind!!!

Copeland rules!

One of my favorite bands Earl.

My favorite album is Regatta, but I love them all. I saw them on the Synchonicity tour in the Patriots' home and on the reunion tour in the Red Sox'. Great live band. Great studio band.

I like Sting's first solo album. After that, it's obvious that he missed Copeland telling him something stunk.

My garage band drummer from high school loved Copeland too Earl.

I acknowledge that they're "influential" and they have their own, personal sound. I've tried to listen to them but they bore me to death. Sting's solo career even more so.

Not my music.

God.......i respect them.....but they're just boring to me. Oh my god....so dull.

Mick

Is that a "wrong opinion" again?

It's called "music taste".

God.......i respect them.....but they're just boring to me. Oh my god....so dull.

Mick

Is that a "wrong opinion" again?

It's called "music taste".

lol i dunno. But my bro bought me a box set of all their work. It was the audio version of watching paint dry.

Mick

• Like 1

The first three Police albums are superb. The songs on Ghost in the Machine aren't up to par and Sting shouldn't have allowed Stewart and Andy songs on Synchronicity! Even so, both are fine albums, just not in the same league as the first three.
  • Like 1

I think The Police were a great band. I even liked Sting up until Mercury Falling. That was the last album of his that I bought. He kind of got away from the jazz influences and went more country pop or something.
  • Like 2

The first three Police albums are superb. The songs on Ghost in the Machine aren't up to par and Sting shouldn't have allowed Stewart and Andy songs on Synchronicity! Even so, both are fine albums, just not in the same league as the first three.

I think side 1 of GITM is flawless. Side 2 is not as strong, but I still love it. Miss Gradenko and even more so Mother are not good songs, but the rest of the Synchronicity album is quite good. I do think GITM and Synchronicity sound more like Sting's solo work than the first three albums.

• Like 1

I think side 1 of GITM is flawless. Side 2 is not as strong, but I still love it. Miss Gradenko and even more so Mother are not good songs, but the rest of the Synchronicity album is quite good. I do think GITM and Synchronicity sound more like Sting's solo work than the first three albums.

They do sound like less of a band on Ghost in the Machine and Synchronicity. They stopped at pretty much the right time.

• Like 2

They do sound like less of a band on Ghost in the Machine and Synchronicity. They stopped at pretty much the right time.

As a drummer I really love "Synchronicity." But yes I agree with you about "Ghost." That album lacks a "Soul In The Machine."

Haha! You and I finally disagree on a rock song? "Miss Gradenko" is amazing. Then again I only listen to the drumming on that song. Great shit!

• Like 3

One of my favorite bands Earl.

My favorite album is Regatta, but I love them all. I saw them on the Synchonicity tour in the Patriots' home and on the reunion tour in the Red Sox'. Great live band. Great studio band.

I like Sting's first solo album. After that, it's obvious that he missed Copeland telling him something stunk.

My garage band drummer from high school loved Copeland too Earl.

That was a great show you saw buddy! I'm jealous. Hahaha! You are right about Copeland. Man those two hated each other.

Have you seen Copeland's movie called "Everyone Stares?" it's EPIC. I saw the movie in a small San Jose theater and then Stewart Copeland came out and did a question and answer session with the audience.

I had a question that I wanted to ask but I didn't have the balls. I wanted to say, "Hey Stewart, you are amazing dude. I just want to know why is your Klark Kent cd no longer in print? Will you reissue it someday on cd? Thanks!"

• Like 1

Love the Police. Stewart is one of my favorite drummers and, like Earl, I'm a big fan of Zenyatta Mondatta. Driven to Tears and Shadows in the Rain are favorite tracks. Ghost is hit and miss...mostly miss due to horrible production and dull material. Synchronicity was an amazing rebound and a hell of an album to go out on.
  • Like 6

Love the Police. Stewart is one of my favorite drummers and, like Earl, I'm a big fan of Zenyatta Mondatta. Driven to Tears and Shadows in the Rain are favorite tracks. Ghost is hit and miss...mostly miss due to horrible production and dull material. Synchronicity was an amazing rebound and a hell of an album to go out on.

Holy shit my friend! While I was eating dinner there was a movie on in the background with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. He had fake kids to try and get the girl and Jennifer was trying to help him get the girl.

Anyway "Driven To Tears" started playing in the movie and I smiled! I told my wife at the dinner table that "Driven To Tears" is my favorite Police song!

Sadly she didn't say anything.

She doesn't give a shit anymore. Sucks.

Sorry for the down post but I'm at my wit's end.

I don't see how 2015 will be any better.

Anyway, Stewart is one of the greatest drummers in the world. I treated myself to the cool Stewart Copeland blue bell 22 inch ride cymbal. It's incredible! It's actually blue!! Stewart used this ride on his last Police Tour.

I can't wait to put it into my set!!!!

Holy shit my friend! While I was eating dinner there was a movie on in the background with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. He had fake kids to try and get the girl and Jennifer was trying to help him get the girl.

Anyway "Driven To Tears" started playing in the movie and I smiled! I told my wife at the dinner table that "Driven To Tears" is my favorite Police song!

Anyway, Stewart is one of the greatest drummers in the world. I treated myself to the cool Stewart Copeland blue bell 22 inch ride cymbal. It's incredible! It's actually blue!! Stewart used this ride on his last Police Tour.

osxuqtk80ld5a2hsbaku.jpg

Is this it? What a beauty!

Sorry to hear about the strained relationship. Sounds like life behind the camel.

osxuqtk80ld5a2hsbaku.jpg

Is this it? What a beauty!

Sorry to hear about the strained relationship. Sounds like life behind the camel.

Hahahaha! You beat me to the punch! I was too busy watching Copeland play some solos!! LOL! YES!

Here is the blue bell in action!

Thanks Goose! It sucks man. I'm living behind a horse with it's tail up waiting to dump some stinky reality on me.

But I will take the Camel instead.

My marriage is quite a "Mirage." When the sun begins to set the "Moonmadness" begins to set in.

Perhaps my next true love will be the "Snow Goose."

Then again I am lost in many manic "Rain Dances."

Wait which thread is this? The Police or Camel? LOL!

What the hell would I do without this forum?

• Like 3