The Police: One Of The Greatest Bands In The World? Klerk Kant? Andy Summers? Sting Shit? Love It Or Hate It? "ZENYATTA" IS EPIC! Copland Rules

RUSHHEAD666

Surprisingly, I've only ever heard two songs by them: Message In A Bottle and Every Breath You Take. Three, if you count Sting's collaboration with Mark Knopfler on money For Nothing

Seriously?

Yes...

Wow...

Surprisingly, I've only ever heard two songs by them: Message In A Bottle and Every Breath You Take. Three, if you count Sting's collaboration with Mark Knopfler on money For Nothing

Seriously?

Yes...

Don't tell me you never heard Roxanne or Message in a Bottle...

Maybe this will refresh your memory

Custom, I enjoyed watching that a lot. Still a lot of punk in them in '79 and it was before fame kind of "refined" their looks.

I love watching their jams...especially watching Stewart.
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing, goose!

I love the Zenyatta Mondatta era.

I have a bootleg of them playing in Melbourne on that tour, and they sound as tight as they do on the videos you posted. The setlist is full of non obvious songs like Deathwish, Truth Hits Everybody, Man in a Suitcase...

• Like 1

Stewart Copeland is one of my all time fave drummers. He is so good!!

Did you know his father was in the CIA?

Yep..he live in Beirut for a long time. His autobiography is BY FAR the most interesting of the three.

• Like 1

Yep..he live in Beirut for a long time. His autobiography is BY FAR the most interesting of the three.

I imagine you've seen this, but just in case... A history of the Police from Stewart's perspective, put together from the film he took during the band's rise.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I imagine you've seen this, but just in case... A history of the Police from Stewart's perspective, put together from the film he took during the band's rise.

I have this at home!

• Like 2

I still blame Sting for breaking up The Police. If his ego hadn't gotten so big, then the band would've stayed together longer and released a lot more material as a group. For the most part, Sting's solo material is complete and utter garbage. I don't mind Stewart Copeland's soundtracks. I have no idea what Andy is doing. They went on a reunion tour a while back but they never came to my city.
  • Like 3

I still blame Sting for breaking up The Police. If his ego hadn't gotten so big, then the band would've stayed together longer and released a lot more material as a group. For the most part, Sting's solo material is complete and utter garbage. I don't mind Stewart Copeland's soundtracks. I have no idea what Andy is doing. They went on a reunion tour a while back but they never came to my city.

I read that it was a mutual decision. It was during the Synchronicity tour after the show at Shea Stadium. They had filled the stadium - 70,000 seats - and they were at the height of their fame. After the show, they went back to the house they were renting in the Hamptons, and Sting said that both he and Stewart looked at each other and knew there was only one way to go after that - down - since there was no way they could maintain that momentum, so they decided to quit while they were ahead.

Whether this is true or just the official story, I do not know.

Boots, call them up and ask them. :)

• Like 1

The Police are like DLR Van Halen for me. I like pretty much every song on every album.

Oh yeah, three favorite bands: Rush, VH and the Police! :notworthy:

Three good choices. If I had to rate them talent-wise from one to three, Rush would be three; personality-wise, Rush would be number one.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2