The Police: One Of The Greatest Bands In The World? Klerk Kant? Andy Summers? Sting Shit? Love It Or Hate It? "ZENYATTA" IS EPIC! Copland Rules

RUSHHEAD666

Thanks Goose! It sucks man. I'm living behind a horse with it's tail up waiting to dump some stinky reality on me.

But I will take the Camel instead.

My marriage is quite a "Mirage." When the sun begins to set the "Moonmadness" begins to set in.

Perhaps my next true love will be the "Snow Goose."

Then again I am lost in many manic "Rain Dances."

Wait which thread is this? The Police or Camel? LOL!

What the hell would I do without this forum?

insane post!

Thanks Goose! It sucks man. I'm living behind a horse with it's tail up waiting to dump some stinky reality on me.

But I will take the Camel instead.

My marriage is quite a "Mirage." When the sun begins to set the "Moonmadness" begins to set in.

Perhaps my next true love will be the "Snow Goose."

Then again I am lost in many manic "Rain Dances."

Wait which thread is this? The Police or Camel? LOL!

What the hell would I do without this forum?

insane post!

Hahaha!! Thanks! I strive to be different!

I am insane. I'm a fuckking drummer who never made it. LOL

• Like 1

The first three Police albums are superb. The songs on Ghost in the Machine aren't up to par and Sting shouldn't have allowed Stewart and Andy songs on Synchronicity! Even so, both are fine albums, just not in the same league as the first three.

I think side 1 of GITM is flawless. Side 2 is not as strong, but I still love it. Miss Gradenko and even more so Mother are not good songs, but the rest of the Synchronicity album is quite good. I do think GITM and Synchronicity sound more like Sting's solo work than the first three albums.

Haha! You and I finally disagree on a rock song? "Miss Gradenko" is amazing. Then again I only listen to the drumming on that song. Great shit!

Yeah, it's probably not fair to lump Miss Gradenko in with Mother. So we're back in "synchronicity" Earl. :)

• Like 1

One of my favorite bands Earl.

My favorite album is Regatta, but I love them all. I saw them on the Synchonicity tour in the Patriots' home and on the reunion tour in the Red Sox'. Great live band. Great studio band.

I like Sting's first solo album. After that, it's obvious that he missed Copeland telling him something stunk.

My garage band drummer from high school loved Copeland too Earl.

That was a great show you saw buddy! I'm jealous. Hahaha! You are right about Copeland. Man those two hated each other.

Have you seen Copeland's movie called "Everyone Stares?" it's EPIC. I saw the movie in a small San Jose theater and then Stewart Copeland came out and did a question and answer session with the audience.

I had a question that I wanted to ask but I didn't have the balls. I wanted to say, "Hey Stewart, you are amazing dude. I just want to know why is your Klark Kent cd no longer in print? Will you reissue it someday on cd? Thanks!"

I'll have to find a way to check that movie out. I think Copeland did the soundtrack to Rumblefish, but I've never listened to it.

Long live the octobans!

• Like 2

Hey Earl...there´s a bunch of cool stuff about The Police on another topic: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/67819-the-police-band/page__st__40

One of my favourite bands...just a few weeks ago I saw Andy Summers playing with a local band in Rio, and they sounded great.

Just to add to the thread, have you guys seens the documentary on their "Certified" DVD? There are some great scenes there. One has Sting stopping a song during practice to bother Andy. Then Andy complains: "I was singing in tune!"...Sting replies "yeah, you were singing in tune...you were just not singing like I told you to!". Snap!!!!

Another great scene has Stewart saying to the roadies: "careful with that gong! It´s bigger than Neil Peart´s gong!!". And on another rehearsal, Sting complains about a drum fill, and Stewart replies: "I´m gonna win a Modern Drummer poll based on this drum fill alone!!!"

• Like 2

The first three Police albums are superb. The songs on Ghost in the Machine aren't up to par and Sting shouldn't have allowed Stewart and Andy songs on Synchronicity! Even so, both are fine albums, just not in the same league as the first three.

I think side 1 of GITM is flawless. Side 2 is not as strong, but I still love it. Miss Gradenko and even more so Mother are not good songs, but the rest of the Synchronicity album is quite good. I do think GITM and Synchronicity sound more like Sting's solo work than the first three albums.

Haha! You and I finally disagree on a rock song? "Miss Gradenko" is amazing. Then again I only listen to the drumming on that song. Great shit!

Yeah, it's probably not fair to lump Miss Gradenko in with Mother. So we're back in "synchronicity" Earl. :)

Drums only, Earl? How 'bout this cover?

• Like 1

Sting,Copeland,Summers!Awesome!

Sting solo: Very Good!

Summers solo: Good.( I Advanced Masked is the album he made with Bob Fripp and is excellent!)

Favourite Police song:Bring On The Night.

Worst Police song: Every Breath You Take.

• Like 2

Big fan of Andy Summers guitar sound. I saw them twice, back in the day. Zenyatta and Ghost tours. Played Ghost in the Machine A LOT.

Never a fan of Synchronicity but big fan of early Sting solo works.

a great song

http://youtu.be/9uIVC5WZD3E

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Hahaha! Excellent! Yes we are! I listened to "Synchronicity" again! I love it! I mean let's face it. This cd is pressed on a MFSL 24 Karat gold disc for a reason! I think The Police would be useless without Stewart Copeland. JMO!

Drums only, Earl? How 'bout this cover?

Excellent my friend! That guy is good! I liked his hi-hat chops! I can't wait to get my blue bell! When I put it on my main kit I will take a picture! I wish Stewie had blue bell hi-hats!! How about blue bell splashes!!!!

• Like 1

Sting,Copeland,Summers!Awesome!

Sting solo: Very Good!

Summers solo: Good.( I Advanced Masked is the album he made with Bob Fripp and is excellent!)

Favourite Police song:Bring On The Night.

Worst Police song: Every Breath You Take.

Yeah I agree. MTV killed many songs in the Eighties and certainly "Every Breath You Take" is at the fuckking top!

Hey Earl...there´s a bunch of cool stuff about The Police on another topic: http://www.therushfo...nd/page__st__40

One of my favourite bands...just a few weeks ago I saw Andy Summers playing with a local band in Rio, and they sounded great.

Just to add to the thread, have you guys seens the documentary on their "Certified" DVD? There are some great scenes there. One has Sting stopping a song during practice to bother Andy. Then Andy complains: "I was singing in tune!"...Sting replies "yeah, you were singing in tune...you were just not singing like I told you to!". Snap!!!!

Another great scene has Stewart saying to the roadies: "careful with that gong! It´s bigger than Neil Peart´s gong!!". And on another rehearsal, Sting complains about a drum fill, and Stewart replies: "I´m gonna win a Modern Drummer poll based on this drum fill alone!!!"

Hey Rod! Great post! I will watch "Certified." I have it somewhere! LOL!

Thanks for the other link too! I will check it out!

Lucky guy! You just saw Andy? Did they do any Police stuff? I willing to bet yes!!

Yeah, they did only the "golden hits", as Andy called them, including a killer version of Synchronicity II with three guitars! I had a great time. The local band he played with is called "Barão Vermelho" (Red Baron in Portuguese), and had a great run in the 80´s and early 90´s.
  • Like 1

Yeah, they did only the "golden hits", as Andy called them, including a killer version of Synchronicity II with three guitars! I had a great time. The local band he played with is called "Barão Vermelho" (Red Baron in Portuguese), and had a great run in the 80´s and early 90´s.

"The Golden Hits." Didn't the punk band the Circle Jerks have an album called "The Greatest Golden Shits?"

"Synchronicity II" is a great song!!! I've been listening to "Synchronicity" all day. I really love the entire album except for "Mother" and "Every Breath You Take" which is actually a very good song. Just overplayed.

My most underrated song is "O My God." I LOVE IT!

• Like 1

O My God is cool. I really like how they managed to insert a few verses of Every Little Thing She Does is Magic and to quote The Beatles' Day Tripper on the main riff.

Earl, I can't copy it here right now because I'm posting from my phone, but if you likr Droven to Tears, check out the version that Stong did with Robert Downey Jr on vocals. You should find it easily on YouTube. You'll be surprised at how well the Iron Man can sing!

• Like 1

O My God is cool. I really like how they managed to insert a few verses of Every Little Thing She Does is Magic and to quote The Beatles' Day Tripper on the main riff.

Earl, I can't copy it here right now because I'm posting from my phone, but if you likr Droven to Tears, check out the version that Stong did with Robert Downey Jr on vocals. You should find it easily on YouTube. You'll be surprised at how well the Iron Man can sing!

Wait Rod! That sounds amazing!! I will try to check it out!!

I can't believe the timing of these Police Threads! I just watched the Kennedy Awards and STING got in! There was a nice tribute and they showed a lot of Police clips! Lady GaGa who I love with Tony Bennett laid down some Sting. She's fuckking great I tell ya! Tony Bennett has made Lad GaGa a lady!!

"The Lady Is a Tramp!" LOL!!!!

Fukk! I just wasted bandwidth on the Rush Forum by talking about the Kennedy Awards. Even Bruce Springsteen showed up and did a song. Bruno Mars covered "So Lonely" and "Message In A Bottle" and it was a off the fukking charts!!!

Like many Rod, "Driven To Tears" is my favorite Police song!! Wow! What are the odds of all this Police talk before Sting was given the rainbow ribbon of honor?

I had no clue. My mom texted me about 96 minutes ago and told me Al Green Sting Lilly Tomlin and Tom Hanks were being sworn in!

WOW!

Great shit!

Anyway I am off to find that version of DTT!!

If I ever get my ass to Brazil I hope we can hook up!!

I still have to go to Ireland and see Hatchet.

I want to go to England some year to see Duck and many others too!!

I'm crazy but I am happy!

Cheers!!

Life without music would be a black hole.

Did I just make that up?