The Police: One Of The Greatest Bands In The World? Klerk Kant? Andy Summers? Sting Shit? Love It Or Hate It? "ZENYATTA" IS EPIC! Copland Rules

RUSHHEAD666

I love their early albums. I followed Sting up to Soul Cages ( which was a depressing album ) and a lost him after that.

I saw The Poilce twice. Once in 1980 on the Zenyatta tour at the Capitol Theater the again a few years back at Giants Stadium for the reunion tour.

This video. They are on fire !!!

http://youtu.be/OQGmaWYC4OE

I can't watch that, but the video is frozen on Stewart. He looks so young compared to what he looked like a few years later in the Synchronicity tour.

I love their early albums. I followed Sting up to Soul Cages ( which was a depressing album ) and a lost him after that.

I saw The Poilce twice. Once in 1980 on the Zenyatta tour at the Capitol Theater the again a few years back at Giants Stadium for the reunion tour.

This video. They are on fire !!!

http://youtu.be/OQGmaWYC4OE

I can't watch that, but the video is frozen on Stewart. He looks so young compared to what he looked like a few years later in the Synchronicity tour.

Love Sting with that Ibanez Musician. Those things weigh a TON.

"Miss Gradenko" is one of the greatest Police songs ever made!!!

Octobans!

COPELAND!

Earl you are going to hate me for this, but years ago, YEARS ago on the old Phish forum, there was an inside joke where someone would say "is anybody alive in here?" Then an astute member of the forum would answer back, "Nobody but us in here, nobody but us."

Like that?

• Like 2

"Miss Gradenko" is one of the greatest Police songs ever made!!!

Octobans!

COPELAND!

Earl you are going to hate me for this, but years ago, YEARS ago on the old Phish forum, there was an inside joke where someone would say "is anybody alive in here?" Then an astute member of the forum would answer back, "Nobody but us in here, nobody but us."

Like that?

Hahahaha!!

I love it buddy!

Even though "Wrapped Around Your Finger" is an MTV hit, I think Stewart's drumming on the song is absolutely incredible. His use of splashes on the song make me want to dance with a humpback whale under a midnight Maui moon.

Did you ever read how hard it was for Stewart to write his parts for that song? He said he had to get into Sting's head and emotions in order for him to get what he was going through that caused him to write the lyrics. It wasn't easy he said, but he did do a splendid job!

Was going to watch Led Zep, but think I will watch the Sychronicity Tour dvd instead.

• Like 1

If anyone here has the Sychronicity tour dvd, what kind of guitar is Sting playing during Don't Stand So Close To Me and Synchronicity II? It doesn't sound like a bass, and that's what I thought he played, or is he another multi-talented performer?

If anyone here has the Sychronicity tour dvd, what kind of guitar is Sting playing during Don't Stand So Close To Me and Synchronicity II? It doesn't sound like a bass, and that's what I thought he played, or is he another multi-talented performer?

The white one? That's a Spector NS-2 bass.

• Like 1

Even though "Wrapped Around Your Finger" is an MTV hit, I think Stewart's drumming on the song is absolutely incredible. His use of splashes on the song make me want to dance with a humpback whale under a midnight Maui moon.

Did you ever read how hard it was for Stewart to write his parts for that song? He said he had to get into Sting's head and emotions in order for him to get what he was going through that caused him to write the lyrics. It wasn't easy he said, but he did do a splendid job!

Was going to watch Led Zep, but think I will watch the Sychronicity Tour dvd instead.

I never knew this! Thanks for sharing! Good choice to switch up your dvd!

• Like 1

I'm impressed!

I'm impressed!

That I knew what it was? I'm a Sting fan from WAY back. :)

• Like 1