The Police: One Of The Greatest Bands In The World? Klerk Kant? Andy Summers? Sting Shit? Love It Or Hate It? "ZENYATTA" IS EPIC! Copland Rules

RUSHHEAD666

Earl, you have been mentioning the issue with your marriage for quite a while...is it getting close to a resolution?

Hey buddy! I will try an tone it down on here it just bugs me and consumes my soul each day.

There is no resolution at this time.

I am still in limbo.

Not sure how much longer I can take but I have to be cool for the girls.

Skylark goes to high school this summer. That's four more years of this. A sacrifice for my youngest daughter. If I pull the plug I will sell the house and then she won't be able to go to this high school with all of her friends. She's a 4.0 student. Soccer stud. Art genius. I don't want destroy that.

I never knew The Police recorded in Le Studio either! "Synchronicity" rules.

• Like 1

There are no DVDs of Police concerts from the eighties available? There must be.

Sting doesn't strike me as the type of man who would jump around on stage. He seems so suave. Apparently not. :)

The show at the Omni is available on DVD as "Synchronicity Concert". And Sting became "suave" in his solo career, retaining only a little jump at the end of a song or two in each concert, but during the Police days he jumped a lot.

They all did. I remember they were one of the bounciest bands out there.

I love Every Little Thing She Does (my fav Police song) because it is so bouncy. The video of the song got a lot of play in the day and it had them jumping up and down a lot, especially in the studio, even changing hats as they danced...funny.

this thread has got me interested in listening to the older albums, I didn't find them until around the Ghost in The Machine time and I have the greatest hits stuff but sounds like I have some more listening to do :dweez: :laughing guy:

• Like 3

There are no DVDs of Police concerts from the eighties available? There must be.

Sting doesn't strike me as the type of man who would jump around on stage. He seems so suave. Apparently not. :)

The show at the Omni is available on DVD as "Synchronicity Concert". And Sting became "suave" in his solo career, retaining only a little jump at the end of a song or two in each concert, but during the Police days he jumped a lot.

I love Every Little Thing She Does (my fav Police song) because it is so bouncy. The video of the song got a lot of play in the day and it had them jumping up and down a lot, especially in the studio, even changing hats as they danced...funny.

this thread has got me interested in listening to the older albums, I didn't find them until around the Ghost in The Machine time and I have the greatest hits stuff but sounds like I have some more listening to do :dweez: :laughing guy:

Earl, you have been mentioning the issue with your marriage for quite a while...is it getting close to a resolution?

Hey buddy! I will try an tone it down on here it just bugs me and consumes my soul each day.

There is no resolution at this time.

I am still in limbo.

Not sure how much longer I can take but I have to be cool for the girls.

Skylark goes to high school this summer. That's four more years of this. A sacrifice for my youngest daughter. If I pull the plug I will sell the house and then she won't be able to go to this high school with all of her friends. She's a 4.0 student. Soccer stud. Art genius. I don't want destroy that.

I never knew The Police recorded in Le Studio either! "Synchronicity" rules.

Earl, you are a good man. That you would sacrifice yourself for your daughter's welfare is more than admirable.

And, yes. That is what it says on the Synchronicity cd insert: Recorded at Air Studios, Montserrat and at Le Studio, Quebec.

Rhyta, I love Every Little Thing She Does. Love the piano in it. The song holds such memories for me. You're right. It is a bouncy song, and it's full of energy. :dweez: It's hard to stand still from about 2:25 onward. :dweez:

Edited by Lorraine

By the way, I found the concert dvd on line for thirty eight cents. Is that a deal or what? :LOL: Fits right into my budget. :)

How much is shipping? $15? :D

• Like 1

http://laopcionb.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/preferentemente.jpg

Sting is quite the dude. I read that he runs (or used to run) five miles every day.

Don't forget the yoga.

By the way, I found the concert dvd on line for thirty eight cents. Is that a deal or what? :LOL: Fits right into my budget. :)

I'm not that stupid to think I was getting a deal and then have to pay that amount for p/h. :LOL:

$3.99 shipping and handling, for a grand total of $4.37. Don't you think that's a deal? :)

I'm not that stupid to think I was getting a deal and then have to pay that amount for p/h. :LOL:

$3.99 shipping and handling, for a grand total of $4.37. Don't you think that's a deal? :)

Sure!

• Like 1

http://laopcionb.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/preferentemente.jpg

Sting is quite the dude. I read that he runs (or used to run) five miles every day.

Don't forget the yoga.

That's right, and his macrosomethingorother diet.

Must be helping. He looks great. Of course he always did.

• Like 1

Copeland is my second favorite drummer ever. You know to who. So many great songs. So many similarities to RUSH, particularly an underrated guitar player. The Police are the collective man. So to speak. Edited by Weakly Criminal
  • Like 3

Copeland is my second favorite drummer ever. You know to who. So many great songs. So many similarities to RUSH, particularly an underrated guitar player. The Police are the collective man. So to speak.

I love it! Copeland is my third favorite!

1. Peart

2. Phillips

3. Copeland

I love your post! Summers is so damn underrated! I love him too!

Rush and The Police should have toured together! I just checked dates so my post will be accurate. Rush and The Police could have toured together on the Synchronicity and Signals Tour! Holy Shit!

I'm sure Sting would never open for Rush but it would be a fun tour! I think the six of them together would have fun! Well probably not Sting! Fukk him!

It would be called the "Synchronicity Of Signals" Tour! 1983

Holy Cow guys! The S.O.S. Tour!!! SENDING OUT AN S.O.S. Tour 1983!

• Like 2

Rhyta, I love Every Little Thing She Does. Love the piano in it. The song holds such memories for me. You're right. It is a bouncy song, and it's full of energy. :dweez: It's hard to stand still from about 2:25 onward. :dweez:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2rM7CxQTK3k/T43c3SY7kLI/AAAAAAAAFv0/hkICJAHDpiM/s400/14.tumblr_m237539bj61qzx8eco1_1280.png

:sundog:

• Like 2

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2rM7CxQTK3k/T43c3SY7kLI/AAAAAAAAFv0/hkICJAHDpiM/s400/14.tumblr_m237539bj61qzx8eco1_1280.png

:sundog:

hahahahaha Shades of Spaghetti Lee. hahahaha

I ought to go there and sign up. I could have fun with those things. :)

Copeland is my second favorite drummer ever. You know to who. So many great songs. So many similarities to RUSH, particularly an underrated guitar player. The Police are the collective man. So to speak.

I love it! Copeland is my third favorite!

1. Peart

2. Phillips

3. Copeland

I love your post! Summers is so damn underrated! I love him too!

Rush and The Police should have toured together! I just checked dates so my post will be accurate. Rush and The Police could have toured together on the Synchronicity and Signals Tour! Holy Shit!

I'm sure Sting would never open for Rush but it would be a fun tour! I think the six of them together would have fun! Well probably not Sting! Fukk him!

It would be called the "Synchronicity Of Signals" Tour! 1983

Holy Cow guys! The S.O.S. Tour!!! SENDING OUT AN S.O.S. Tour 1983!

That's very good Earl! :LMAO:

• Like 2