Signals- good or bad?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Signals- good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Never listened
    • The Weapon is the only song i listen to on the album

Top 5 album.

About the same here...a pleasure to listen to....the final song Countdown is bad ass....it comes across as the real thing. This album led into my favorite RUSH album GUP.

• Like 2

I have live in Poland going now.....cause nothing Says Rush like Toto.

Mick

HIGH FIVE!

• Like 1

Top 5 album.

About the same here...a pleasure to listen to....the final song Countdown is bad ass....it comes across as the real thing. This album led into my favorite RUSH album GUP.

GUP, HYF and AFTK are perfect.

Top 5 album.

I can remember listening to HYF in its entirety on DC101 in MD a couple days before it was released. I was like wow that's good stuff, the only tour I bought a tour book. Oh I was going through my mothers attic on TGIVING and came across a HYF tour shirt and it looked like it fitted a 10 year old. It says large but damn its tiny or I've become huge. Smiles.

There's not a bad song on Signals. The last Rush album I can say that about.

Chemistry and Digital Man come close.

I can say that about:

AFTK, Hemi, PeW, (MP hold VS), Signals, and GUP.

HYF could be there too if they had done what they did with the last three albums and keep it at 8 tracks.. Chop off tracks 9 & 10 and HYF is golden.

I like them all. Some more than others. The Weapon is, next to Xanadu ( :wub:), my favorite Rush song.

Confusing Xanadu with Tai Shan again?

I like them all. Some more than others. The Weapon is, next to Xanadu ( :wub:), my favorite Rush song.

Confusing Xanadu with Tai Shan again?

Silly me! Thank you for raising my Rush consciousness.

• Like 1

Top 5 album.

I can remember listening to HYF in its entirety on DC101 in MD a couple days before it was released. I was like wow that's good stuff, the only tour I bought a tour book. Oh I was going through my mothers attic on TGIVING and came across a HYF tour shirt and it looked like it fitted a 10 year old. It says large but damn its tiny or I've become huge. Smiles.

The mention of DC 101 brings back memories. Thanks for that... :cheers:

Top 5 album.

The mention of DC 101 brings back memories. Thanks for that... :cheers:

Ha I taught preschool and a before and after school program in Bethesda MD. I had Lonny Baxter in one of my classes who went unto star at UMD playing center. He led the team as a senior to the NCAA basketball championship in 2002. Funny kid but lazy at the time I had him hardly wanted to go and play.

I do think originally when it came out it had to measure up to Moving Pictures and that was tough. I agree there's not a bad song on the album.

I like every song on the album although the production could certainly be better. I wish Signals had the production of P/G then it would be a masterpiece.

Any album that has Countdown and The Weapon on it gets my vote of approval, it's just not a Top 5 album for me.

Only problem with Signals is Alex's guitar sound. Very mushy and like wet cotton.

A very strange production choice, for sure.

Some very strong songs on this effort: Subdivisions (some of Neil's best drumming ever), Digital Man (amazing bass), Analog Kid (one of Alex's coolest solos), New World Man (well-crafted radio-friendly track), Losing It (great sounds and lyrics), and The Weapon (classic RUSH experimentalism).

Chemistry and, especially, that Space Shuttle song don't quite do it for me. The middle keys section to Countdown saves it from being a total disaster.

Signals, like a great wine, has aged really well. Broon didn't know what to do with the guitar because the keyboards took centre stage so unfortunately panned it wide left and right. The guitar then loses definition but buy a Cambridge Azur 651 amp and Alex sounds like he's playing in the sky. Considering it's called the 'Synth' album, the guitar playing is superb and IMO should have got Alex an award Edited by tas7

Only problem with Signals is Alex's guitar sound. Very mushy and like wet cotton.

A very strange production choice, for sure.

Some very strong songs on this effort: Subdivisions (some of Neil's best drumming ever), Digital Man (amazing bass), Analog Kid (one of Alex's coolest solos), New World Man (well-crafted radio-friendly track), Losing It (great sounds and lyrics), and The Weapon (classic RUSH experimentalism).

Chemistry and, especially, that Space Shuttle song don't quite do it for me. The middle keys section to Countdown saves it from being a total disaster.

I love Countdown.

Chemistry, however, is a pretty poor song and is the only stinker on the album.

• Like 2