MMMMmmmmm... German Chocolate Cake......

Principled Man

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/unclemonteee/cake_zps06a62f10.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

• Like 2

Is this a picture of one you made? It looks absolutely delicious! I love German Chocolate Cake.

Why,,,,yes, it is! Made completely from scratch. The biggest challenge was getting my mother to stay OUT of the kitchen and leave me alone so I could work in peace..... :facepalm:

• Like 1

Is this a picture of one you made? It looks absolutely delicious! I love German Chocolate Cake.

Why,,,,yes, it is! Made completely from scratch. The biggest challenge was getting my mother to stay OUT of the kitchen and leave me alone so I could work in peace..... :facepalm:

Did it taste as good as it looks? My mouth is watering just looking at the picture. The last German Chocolate Cake I made was in 1991, and it was a hit. With me at least. :LOL:

Moms and kitchens go together. It is hard to keep them out of one. :)

Did it taste as good as it looks? My mouth is watering just looking at the picture. The last German Chocolate Cake I made was in 1991, and it was a hit. With me at least. :LOL:

Moms and kitchens go together. It is hard to keep them out of one. :)

It was pretty tasty! It took a LOT of time to make, but it was worth it!

I brought it to work for a co-worker for her birthday....which means that now everyone will expect a birthday cake..... :doh:

• Like 1

The greatest cake ever. My Mom used to make it for my birthday, my kids think I am nuts, but I only eat it in early October to keep it "special" despite it being my favorite kind of cake.

The greatest cake ever. My Mom used to make it for my birthday, my kids think I am nuts, but I only eat it in early October to keep it "special" despite it being my favorite kind of cake.

Your kids don't yet understand the concept of "inverse culinary proportion". The more often you eat something great, the more the "greatness value" decreases. Then it becomes "ordinary" cake. :LOL:

Your kids don't yet understand the concept of "inverse culinary proportion". The more often you eat something great, the more the "greatness value" decreases. Then it becomes "ordinary" cake. :LOL:

That is what I say every year :)

Love it except for the nuts. :( I have made a nut-less version before. My husband teased me and said I'd castrated the cake. He ate it anyway, though.
  • Like 2

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/unclemonteee/cake_zps06a62f10.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I wonder if Greyfriar just calls that cake? :huh: